You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Exiaa

"Legendary" Upgrades

46 comments in this topic

114 posts
3,889 battles

So WG just announced the legendary upgrades on the official page.

Personally i think most of the upgrades are pretty trash, especially that of DM, Yueyang and Z52 where there is almost no point in taking those upgrades. 

What do you guys think?

114 posts
3,889 battles
1 hour ago, yobbo1972 said:

:Smile-_tongue:well I guess if you don't like them, then don't use them, simples...………

:Smile_teethhappy:

Which totally defeats the purpose of those upgrades

161 posts
5,905 battles

I only play T10s Germans, Zao's one is a stright upgrade, so...

These are only my speculations tho.

Großer Kurfürst - Replace main battery mod 3
image.png.321af39d48558193498108c4ca00b68b.png

Trade -8% Range
For: less -6% Turrets traverse, +15% Secondary Loading, +3% Main guns loading

I don't think trading range on GK would worth it or not, still debatable, but for further targets I'll still be using spotter anyway with that 20km-ish range. Timing to pick far away targets with spotter might work. As someone who use secondary build I actually wanna try this out. Mounting this with both AFT+BFT with 406s seem like a memeable build. You won't benefit from 420s long range pens where 406s at closer range have more pens value and reload faster. Personally, I would want to trade firing range with secondaries range, that seems more like a fair trade.

If not for secondaries, as a tank/conceal build don't even think about this and take main battery mod 3.

Hindenburg - Replace Concealment or Rudder shift on slot 5
image.png.8f098fb0d026d9192bd69317f1e32e2f.png

Trade - 12.3km Conceal/ 40% Rudder shift

I think this is a pretty good one, since it kind of forces you to make a decision. Keep your conceal/rudder in exchange for -20% Rudder, bearly enought time for flooding and fires, Flamu said something like below 10sec on fire without dmg con but I can't remember, and even faster main guns repair stacking with Main Armaments mod 1 put it to -70% repair time.

We bearly sees CV these days, so, I can see myself swapping the current BFT+AFT to Fire Prevention and Basics of Survivability. You can tank CAs fire damage and kept Dam con when you actually have to use it. It makes Hberg stronger vs other CAs when angled but also make her harder to drop off spotting.

Z52 - Replace Conceal
image.png.b49618f5f1e7131d2b3010e9e4dffe21.png

Trade - 6.1km Conceal
For: 10% (Torp Armament) + 15% (Torp Tube Mod 3) + 15% (This upgrade) = 40% Torp reload time with -5% detectability

No, just no.

6.1km with 5.9km Hydro works, but not 6.4km. Might sound fun just to spam torps everywhere but for a DD that booli other DDs off the caps unless there're radars, no.

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

Gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick .......

354 posts
9,048 battles
55 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick on top of gimmick .......

There's not a lot of stability about the whole enterprise, is there? At least they're leaving the lower tiers alone for the moment.

1,126 posts

legendary upgrade of shima are ideal for spamming long-lance to reduce enemy 'sane' value

try to radar me in cap? nope, i'm 20 km beyond that. :D

----------------------------------

hmm....

- 80% of tube traverse speed for a 'mere' - 25% reload time may too much of a trade off ...

Edited by PGM991

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
330 posts
4 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Wows is Final Fantasy now.

Is Square Enix bought this game?

Hope this is not true :Smile_ohmy:.

[SIF]
36 posts
3,299 battles

Thats one hell of a stutter you've got there Icy. Have to agree though.

A couple of things: Tried to join a couple of clans reciently in my time zone (East Coast Aussi ) didn't even recieve a negative reply.

Also how to change credit card details at WG. None of the answers I recieved made any sense. Ideas anyone?

I'm not a great or very experienced player but I keep plugging away at it and maybe one day will crack the secret to staying afloat.

I'v noticed some of the newer people playing are waaay too serious. I thought it was a GAME.

Stay afloat all.

Z

683 posts
7,367 battles
6 hours ago, HeidimarieW said:

Well, I personally love full secondary build for GK, I will definitely wanna try out this legendary mod for her. Yeah the main gun range is really really painful, but I think I can deal with it.

Hindenburg wise, I might not agree with the legendary mod. Hindenburg supposed to be Jack of all trade, while not as much needed when US CA/CL are everywhere, Hindenburg should be helping with counter DD as well. Her detection range is already same as Iowa/Missouri, and her shells speed dropped significantly, and very noticeable after 16km, making her not a good long range sapmmer.

Z52? I'm already struggling with concealment 6.1km!!

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,958 battles
7 hours ago, Exiaa said:

Which totally defeats the purpose of those upgrades

no it doesn't 

they have come up with these upgrades to change how the ship plays

you can either use the upgrades and use the ship differently, play it differently or you can NOT use the upgrades and play the ship the same way as you do now.

image.png.321af39d48558193498108c4ca00b68b.png as you can see here, they are making  the German tier 10 BB into a brawler and secondary build, a close range BB not a BB that snipes at the back of the map, if you don't want to be a close range, brawler BB, then don't use the upgrade and remain sniping at the back of the map, Simples...….

1,046 posts
7,518 battles
9 hours ago, Exiaa said:

Z52

I have only 5 T10’s, including Z-52, Hindenburg, Gr Kurfurst, Minotaur and Conqueror. They say in what slot the upgrade goes, but I didn’t look up what upgrade I would replace with the upgrade.

The Z-52 upgrade is -15% torpedo reload and -5% detection range. This upgrade emphasises the torpedo boat qualities of Z-52.

For Hindenburg, it is –20% to rudder shift time, –70% to flooding recovery time, –40% to fire extinguishing time and –50% to main battery repair time. These are big numbers and would make Hindenburg quite tanky.

For Gr Kurfurst it is –15% to main battery loading time, –15% to secondary battery loading time, –7% to main turrets traverse speed and –8% to main battery maximum firing range. The number at 15/7/8% are not that big, but this upgrade will shift her to be better suited for shorter range engagements.

Mintor has +150% to total smoke screen generation time, –50% to time taken to reach full power when accelerating (improved acceleration), –20% to rudder shift time, –10% to duration of the Surveillance Radar. This would make her similar to Perth, ie you can still move the ship in smoke, at least for some time.

Conqueror has +13% to main turrets traverse speed, –80% to steering gears repair time, –40% to rudder shift time. An increase to manoeuvrability.

Everybody has to know if they prefer the existing module or the upgrade.

I have a fair few special upgrades from containers and I use some, but not all of them, because I find the standard modules more useful.

Overall it’s an interesting idea.

245 posts
14,037 battles

It is up to you whether to use the upgrade or not. No one is forcing anyone. Though, we might see the proliferation of more sniping yamapotatoes.

161 posts
5,905 battles
2 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Yes, this is why I think Hindenburg's mod is a pretty good one. Trading extreme with extreme.

Z52 just suffers a lot with more radars getting introduced in, and legendary mod doesn't give anything new for 52. Your torps reload is already good enough, but you're trading something that your ship is good at (making it worst) for something you're already pretty good.

I've shelved mine until radar meta kind of stablised. My 52 WR dropped so much.

114 posts
3,889 battles
2 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

no it doesn't 

they have come up with these upgrades to change how the ship plays

you can either use the upgrades and use the ship differently, play it differently or you can NOT use the upgrades and play the ship the same way as you do now.

image.png.321af39d48558193498108c4ca00b68b.png as you can see here, they are making  the German tier 10 BB into a brawler and secondary build, a close range BB not a BB that snipes at the back of the map, if you don't want to be a close range, brawler BB, then don't use the upgrade and remain sniping at the back of the map, Simples...….

You miss the fact i said "most" and was pointing out to the upgrades of Z52, DM and Yueyang

114 posts
3,889 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

The Z-52 upgrade is -15% torpedo reload and -5% detection range. This upgrade emphasises the torpedo boat qualities of Z-52.

Welp, everyone knows Z52 has the fastest torp reload at T10, but why buff something like that even more while giving up the main strength of a DD which is concealment? You turn your concealment into something like 6.4KM just for that few seconds of reload, which makes you lose so much value in contesting caps. IMO, quite a bad upgrade which will make players even more passive

161 posts
5,905 battles
1 minute ago, Exiaa said:

Welp, everyone knows Z52 has the fastest torp reload at T10, but why buff something like that even more while giving up the main strength of a DD which is concealment? You turn your concealment into something like 6.4KM just for that few seconds of reload, which makes you lose so much value in contesting caps. IMO, quite a bad upgrade which will make players even more passive

It's advance taktiks Aqua, torp bote Z52 wins games.

:kappa:

114 posts
3,889 battles
8 minutes ago, HeidimarieW said:

It's advance taktiks Aqua, torp bote Z52 wins games.

:kappa:

No u

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,958 battles
41 minutes ago, Exiaa said:

You miss the fact i said "most" and was pointing out to the upgrades of Z52, DM and Yueyang

well I was talking in general about all of the upgrades and it is the choice of the player weather they want to use them or not use them  I only use the German BB as a example.

Sorry if you misunderstood me.

:cap_old:

1,046 posts
7,518 battles
20 hours ago, Exiaa said:

Do you actually play the Z-52?

114 posts
3,889 battles
7 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Do you actually play the Z-52?

why dont you find out yourself