You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

And if you're not in a large active clan (in the right timezone) then screw you.

263 comments in this topic

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

Are the rewards offered to large (active clans with the ability the organize a team for clan battles) a bit of an up yours to solo players, or players in small clans, or players not in the right timezone?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

Edited by keskparane
added link

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

yeah that's how I read it as well

solo players and non rank players get screwed over and get nothing.

everyone click the angry icon to show we are not happy about this at all

Edited by yobbo1972

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Welp, you have to admit, competitive players put in lot more time and energy. They deserve something better than what we regular plebs get.

Just like people with irl money to spend can get cooler stuffs than regular free players.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

At least they made the personal oil worth something (5xcoal). "Firstly, when the Update with the Arsenal releases, players will receive a nice bonus for the Oil they have in stock—5 Coal for 1 Oil. After the release of Update 0.7.6, Oil is used only to build Naval Base objects and gain access to constructions."

I'm not a top player but I understand why WG wants to reward them for their hard work (steel).

One thing that worries me is will CW be a Stalingrad only. Maybe she won't be that good? :cap_hmm:

459 posts
8,266 battles

At least you can play ranked as a solo player (or one from a small clan) to earn these resources. The only issue being ranked isn't always available and can be frustrating as hell.

Edit: my mistake, only coal can be earned without playing clan battles, steel not so much.

Edited by Sparcie
Mistake

315 posts
4,634 battles

It's understandable that WG wants to encourage people to join clans. Harnessing the peer pressure / team sport aspect to boost engagement and spend.

So yeah, you are meant to feel left out. WG wants you to think it's unfair. Remember though, if you are aware of their Jedi mind tricks you can learn to ignore them.

Edited by Rina_Pon

534 posts

More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, and More Consumables containers can bring you 300 Coal so i can get 300 coal for sure from the containers?If so, I will just keep waiting and waiting until I get enough quantity to get what I want..

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles
56 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Co-op only players are screwed then.

Good job WG....

we can still get Salem for coal, take about a year

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles
11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think Welp, you have to admit, competitive players put in lot more time and energy. They deserve something better than what we regular plebs get.

Just like people with irl money to spend can get cooler stuffs than regular free players.

I don't agree 

I put just as much time and effort into this game as clan and competitive players do.

you are in a clan and will get something out of it, I'm not in a clan and not really interested in rank battles as I don't like the way it is set up.

so the time and effort that I have put into this game over 2+ years means nothing and I wont be rewarded for my time ??

making players join a clan or play 100s of battles in rank just to be rewarded and leave those players who don't play them  out in the cold isn't the right way to go about it.

I think they should also reward players for the number of battles played, so those solo players can still feel a part of the community and  not be ignored.

For every 2000 battles played, a player should be rewarded coal and steel so at lest they can get something from this as well.

yes its a players choice to spend money on this game or play it for free, just like its a players choice to join a clan or play rank battle, they shouldn't be penalised for the choice that they make for playing solo.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
14 hours ago, Unraveler said:

Perhaps the Premium Shop will offer some alternative means of acquiring coal and steel...

The day they start selling coal and steel in the premium shop would be the day greed takes over making a fun game

203 posts
11,788 battles

So players who go through all the competitive crap, salts, coming up with the tactic to fight off the other clan with another tactics suppose to be rewarded with nothing ?

They deserve to be "equally" treated as others who play mostly solo with no community interaction and against the Environment (bot) ?
Please...... There's a reason why after the rumors and "What is coming up next" heard, some clan just lose all their motivation to play the clan battles.
I do agree they should at the very least reward those who spend their time with the game but you can't just make it the EQUAL reward for those who only spending the time for the game.
To the one who also spend their time for the game BUT go through with the hard works coming up with tactics, getting better aim in competitive matches, learning game mechanic to the last bit.

The system does at the very least make the player doesn't go completely left out and that is something to say the least.

233 posts
13,939 battles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I'm going to say is that the game is heading towards elite competitiveness.

To the point where clans need to be bought by either:

* Rich Middle-Eastern businessmen from Qatar or UAE

* Rich American family

* Rich American investment companies

* Thai energy drink company tycoon

* Malaysian property developer

* Budget Airline owner

*whistles*

104 posts
9,018 battles

People in this thread: I refuse to play ranked because I find it stressful, unfun or I'm simply not good enough. 

Also people in this thread: I demand I be given the same rewards as the people who waded through that stressful gameplay. 

455 posts
8,038 battles
2 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

I put just as much time and effort into this game as clan and competitive players do.

image.thumb.png.8f3c160b2c6c88b1e475fe95bc0c1deb.png

Boi, you do not have the slightest idea the amount of time and effort required to play Clan Battles, particularly if you're aiming for typhoon/hurricane league. No game ever survives if the community is dead, and solo players don't contribute much to the community. Why wouldn't active and social players deserve to be rewarded for the effort they put in?
Stop acting so entitled when some content is locked behind certain activities. We already have dozens of premium ships behind a paywall and you think this is bad?

2,217 posts
13,673 battles
27 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

image.thumb.png.8f3c160b2c6c88b1e475fe95bc0c1deb.png

Boi, you do not have the slightest idea the amount of time and effort required to play Clan Battles, particularly if you're aiming for typhoon/hurricane league. No game ever survives if the community is dead, and solo players don't contribute much to the community. Why wouldn't active and social players deserve to be rewarded for the effort they put in?
Stop acting so entitled when some content is locked behind certain activities. We already have dozens of premium ships behind a paywall and you think this is bad?

Point is though if you want to put in time and effort as a solo player there is no avenue of reward for you.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

... to add.

Without the solo players this game would be much less than it is.

There wouldn't be any fodder for fishing divs.

All clan/team battles would have long queues. There is a reason after all why clan battles are time slot restricted.

To not cater for the players that you feed off of is not sensible.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

yes its a players choice to spend money on this game or play it for free, just like its a players choice to join a clan or play rank battle, they shouldn't be penalised for the choice that they make for playing solo

Do you realize how contradictory you sound? Besides, giving incentive to a group of players is not penalizing others. Especially in a F2P game.

On top of that, WG never said there won't be anything for casual players. Let's not jump the gun so fast.

160 posts
5,905 battles
15 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

solo players and non rank players get screwed over and get nothing.

Shouldn't we be rewarded something for trying hard in ranked? Or dealing and withstanding shitty RNG in your terms? 

Coming to think about it, I used to be solo player but weighting the amount of benefits a clan give, I asked myself why don't I join one earilier. I stayed solo, from late 2016s until earlier this year.

3 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

I don't agree 

you are in a clan and will get something out of it, I'm not in a clan and not really interested in rank battles as I don't like the way it is set up.

so the time and effort that I have put into this game over 2+ years means nothing and I wont be rewarded for my time ??

making players join a clan or play 100s of battles in rank just to be rewarded and leave those players who don't play them  out in the cold isn't the right way to go about it.

I think they should also reward players for the number of battles played, so those solo players can still feel a part of the community and  not be ignored.

For every 2000 battles played, a player should be rewarded coal and steel so at lest they can get something from this as well.

yes its a players choice to spend money on this game or play it for free, just like its a players choice to join a clan or play rank battle, they shouldn't be penalised for the choice that they make for playing solo.

Have you ever observed or participated in clan/competitive plays to make that judgement tho? If not, then I belived this is some rather lazy arguments you're making.

Then it's for some of us here also that stayed 2+ years, if you gonna included that to your argument.

Just from your reaction alone, we can already have a general idea of what WG's trying, encouraging people to get into clans, and why is that a bad thing? 

Rewarding people based on number of battles? Do you want to encourage or bots people to get more battles count regardless of how well they played?

Yes, then it's your choice to re-evaluate your decision and it's also your choice to stick with your decision.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,956 battles
16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Welp, you have to admit, competitive players put in lot more time and energy. They deserve something better than what we regular plebs get.

Like the Black, Flint, etc... all the ships they already get and are exclusive to them. And which players actually pay for the salary of the developers?

I don't recall in real life, walking to the counter of Mc Donalds and asking for a Big Mac only to be told I need to go increase my Fast Food Reputation to Rank 10.

I'm a whale gamer, I sink tonnes of cash into this game, I devote a large time playing the game; mostly randoms. I'm top 3-5 in the Clan I am in for oil. But the Clan never does Clan battles, and I only play ranked briefly.

I swear, working a job, studying and family time is considered a 'part-time hobby' in comparison to the financial and time investment games are beginning to demand from players.

Not to mention, I get some flags either purchased or through an achievement, I get some skins, either purchased or through an achievement. Stick'em on a ship, hit play. Get 1 AFK team mate and 2 trolls who argue with each other and then team kill one another, we lose.... money/time spent on flags/skins wasted by the actions of OTHER players.