You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

Premium Shop "do not sell again" ships discussion

24 comments in this topic

219 posts
2,670 battles

And so King Albert makes her triumphant return to the store 3 days ago. I feel like there needs to be a thread to discuss this issue further.

Given King Albert's return, I do not know if we will see other ships that are also announced to not be ever sold again; Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast, Kamikaze sisters, or (Kraken forbid) Imp. Nikolai 1 or Gremyaschy.

There's also this post from NA that I'm also curious about:

So discuss away.

Screenshot_20180618-113409.jpg

590 posts
2,995 battles

Couple of things, 

That particular Tier 3 battleship  isn't that much different than the Nassau - 

This is from a review site I'll link it after this

PROs:

• Her armour layout makes her very difficult (if nigh impossible) to citadel.
  • The König Albert has the highest hit point pool at tier 3 of 41,300hp.
  • She has the highest firepower at tier 3 in the form of ten 305mm rifles.
  • Her AP shells are the hardest hitting of her tier at 8,300 alpha damage per citadel hit.
  • Very heavy secondary gun battery complement with a 4.0km base range.
  • Decent top speed of 21.0 knots.
  • She offers no-stress, fun Battleship game play when top tier.
  • The König Albert has very handsome premium camouflage with beautiful ship details.

CONs:

• Her soft bow and rear sections lead to her taking many penetrating hits.
  • The König Albert does not have the faster reload that she's advertised as having.
  • When angled, the layout of her wing-turrets makes it difficult to bring more than 8 guns to bear on a target.
  • Slow turret traverse of 3 degrees per second.
  • Short ranged at 10.8km.
  • The fire arcs on her secondaries are restricted, making it difficult to bring them all to bear on a target at once.
  • Her AA complement is pathetic, managing only 7dps a 3km.
  • Poor anti-torpedo defense with only 19% damage reduction.
  • Clumsy handling for a low-tier Battleship with a 600m turning circle and 12.1s rudder shift time.
  • Quick Summary:   A worse-than-stock tier 4 Kaiser-class Battleship squeezing in at tier 3.  She has powerful guns, good armour and excellent secondaries while being rather clumsy with her handling.

Closest in-Game Contemporary
Tier 4 German Battleship Kaiser
Degree of Similarity: Clone / Sister-Ship / Related Class / Similar Role / Unique

The König Albert is the fifth of the Kaiser-class battleships to be completed and shares many of the traits of her sister ships, including main battery and armour layout. There are differences however. Most notably, the König Albert does not share the rate of fire or longer range of her tier 4 sister.  For a full, direct comparison, please see the end of this review.\

Source Ship Comrade

Tc's Opinion

Now to my own opinion, she's not that much different than the Nassau, and in comparison to the Bellerophon, who has less hitpoints, but excellent guns, great firing range, is faster and can cook pretty much anything it can see. WG now have a ship to make the Kong Albert not so op, more in line with a couple of other ships it has up it's sleeve. So why not bring it back? 

I think the days of KA just steamrolling things is over, I know from my own experience with it you don't want to be in a shooting war with a UK BB, there quicker and have a much further range than you, but hey sure, close up, i'll take the KA any day.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I was extremely lucky to get Belfast from a supercontainer, but I feel sorry for those who also want one but cannot just because WG screwed her up and refuse to rebalance her (even though they have every right to do so). She's a museum ship and is currently the only premium RN CL in the game, so it wouldn't bother me if she appears in the premium shop again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, rare and exclusive premiums should be restricted to paper/fake ships only. Real historical ships should be available for anyone to buy.

Seeing Konig Albert finally returning to the premium shop gives me hope that I will see Imperator Nikolai one day. It's very frustrating that she hasn't been on sale for almost two years because WG also screwed her up. I'm only into Nikolai because it's a Russian WW1 battleship (Okt Rev doesn't count because it's in modernized WW2 form). I have no intention of playing it in Random Battles if I do get her because I only play co-op and operations. Plus it's only a tier 4 ship. Missions and campaign tasks can't be done in low tier ships anyway which is enough to deter me from random.

I really hate the fact that these ships are "retired" because of seal clubbers. IMO, retiring OP ships from sale and disabling manual drop for CVs will not stop seal clubbing. WG needs to disable captain skills for tier 1-4 ships and restrict standard/heroic achievements like Kraken Unleashed and Close Quarters Expert to only high tier battles. Most seal clubbers I run into like to farm medals for flags, so take that away from them.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

I do not think Konig Albert is over powered. She has fitting range for a Tier 3 battleship. She is as tough as a Nassau and her guns are as wonky as other German low tier BBs. And I have never seen anywhere that WG claimed that she would be permanently removed from the shops. Like Kutuzov, Belfast or Atlanta (and probably Graf Zep soon).

There are differences between "will never be sold again", or "unavailable from premium shops until further notice".

82 posts
2,793 battles
15 hours ago, Nikolaevna said:

WG needs to disable captain skills for tier 1-4 ships and restrict standard/heroic achievements like Kraken Unleashed and Close Quarters Expert to only high tier battles. Most seal clubbers I run into like to farm medals for flags, so take that away from them.

kinda wondered why guys with lvl19 captains did this, makes sense now.

and yes I agree with you. 

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Hmm honestly I do not mind if those overpowered, never-to-be-sold-again ships returned to the shop as long as they are rebalanced as appropriate.

However, WG has shown that they are unwilling to rebalance OP ships as they do not want to offer refunds if possible.  

233 posts
13,973 battles

@ThyaliadThere is a way to rebalance the OP premium ships. Adjust the tech tree ships. But yes, the best way was to have never approved these ships in the first place. The problem is that during testing, you only have a small pool of players.

Also, iirc, WG can't nerf premium ships because in some juristictions, what you buy with real money, the value of your "purchase" must be commensurate with what you paid for. WG can't refund if they don't have the money. :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
16 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

@ThyaliadThere is a way to rebalance the OP premium ships. Adjust the tech tree ships. 

Balancing entire lines can take years and the knock on affects eventually mean the whole game needs to be rebalanced.  Its not viable to do this

233 posts
13,973 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Balancing entire lines can take years and the knock on affects eventually mean the whole game needs to be rebalanced.  Its not viable to do this

As if half the tech tree lines don't already need balancing.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

I play KA some match and i don't think she is that OP,

>Her main gun i strong, but that is again  BB, it got over pen most time when shooting every thing else so not that impressive

>She have long range secondary, but even with my Bisko's captain with full secondary skill, the only thing it hit is BB and cruiser, again DD they still can rush you without much problem

>Armor just feel like nasus, good as it is

About other pre ship, WG just said they will withdraw it from premium shop, i don't remember anything about never sell it again. WG already change they EULA, and after what they plan for KV-5 in WOT, may be we can see "Balance" hammer hit pre ship soon, who know :cap_book:

1,011 posts
7,464 battles
13 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

I agree. Selling KA as an OP ship really is false advertising.

354 posts
9,048 battles
16 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

>Her main gun i strong, but that is again  BB, it got over pen most time when shooting every thing else so not that impressive

>She have long range secondary, but even with my Bisko's captain with full secondary skill, the only thing it hit is BB and cruiser, again DD they still can rush you without much problem

>Armor just feel like nasus, good as it is

About other pre ship, WG just said they will withdraw it from premium shop, i don't remember anything about never sell it again. WG already change they EULA, and after what they plan for KV-5 in WOT, may be we can see "Balance" hammer hit pre ship soon, who know :cap_book:

I'm not so sure about that - I've had 16 battles in it so far (enjoying getting away from all those missions, challenges, etc for a while) for a 75% win rate. Damage/kills are still a bit behind the server average (which is extraordinarily high), but it wasn't until 7 or 8 battles that I had one as top tier and, against t4 ships, the short gun range is a major drawback. Against same or lower tier ships the only things it fears are fire and torps and the secondaries (with a 19pt secondary build Tirpitz captain at the helm) really surprise most of those low tier dds and cls and I've had 3 CQEs and a few HCs so far. If I'm still at 75% WR after 20 battles, I'll consider it as a bit OP :cap_like:.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
On 6/18/2018 at 3:47 PM, Nikolaevna said:

I was extremely lucky to get Belfast from a supercontainer, but I feel sorry for those who also want one but cannot just because WG screwed her up and refuse to rebalance her (even though they have every right to do so).

They have the right to do so, and I used to wonder why they wouldn't do it.

Now I had heard the incidence happened to WoT, and know what can and will happen if you "balance" a premium ship meanwhile mishandled your customers who bought it long time ago.

Edited by spixys

492 posts
7,643 battles
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, SuperMegaUltraGigaStupid said:

the only ship I'm awaiting for is Kutuzov, need 1 premium ship for USSR training

Kutuzov probably will not be seen in the shop again. However if WG's "never to be sold again" policy from WOT comes to WOWS............who knows? :Smile_amazed:

You might get lucky and get the MK from a Super container or a Santa present though. Even after the smoke firing nerf it is still a very strong ship.

219 posts
2,670 battles
9 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Kutuzov probably will not be seen in the shop again. However if WG's "never to be sold again" policy from WOT comes to WOWS............who knows? :Smile_amazed:

You might get lucky and get the MK from a Super container or a Santa present though. Even after the smoke firing nerf it is still a very strong ship.

Given that they sold the E-25 and the M6A2E1 multiple times after saying that they won't, their policy of such is not very trustworthy.

I mean, look at the König Albert.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles
19 hours ago, TD1 said:

Given that they sold the E-25 and the M6A2E1 multiple times after saying that they won't, their policy of such is not very trustworthy.

I mean, look at the König Albert.

They just say 'never sold again' to make them a commodity... Then when they sell them, charge a premium price...

219 posts
2,670 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

They just say 'never sold again' to make them a commodity... Then when they sell them, charge a premium price...

It doesn't have to be at a stupidly inflated price though.

I mean, I got the M6A2E1 alone without any other goodies (except the complementary garage slot) at a price that my wallet can still deal with,  and the Kônig Albert, though I have to yet as of now own it, is also at a relatively friendly pric3.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles
11 hours ago, TD1 said:

It doesn't have to be at a stupidly inflated price though.

I mean, I got the M6A2E1 alone without any other goodies (except the complementary garage slot) at a price that my wallet can still deal with,  and the Kônig Albert, though I have to yet as of now own it, is also at a relatively friendly pric3.

Lol!!

I would beg to differ...

You essentially got it for the price of a 2-year old AAA title...

Well if you live in Australia, that's the sort of price we pay WG... I can only imagine what the cost is like in other countries...

Edited by S4pp3R
Flipping autocorrect

219 posts
2,670 battles

Given that I still obsess over both WoT and WoWS (though mostly just the latter, I've been out of touch with the former) and love both premium tanks and ships, and I havent bought many AAA titles too, I'd rather spend my money on prem tanks/warships

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles
11 hours ago, TD1 said:

Given that I still obsess over both WoT and WoWS (though mostly just the latter, I've been out of touch with the former) and love both premium tanks and ships, and I havent bought many AAA titles too, I'd rather spend my money on prem tanks/warships

Yeah I'm in the same boat...:Smile_child: