You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nimitz1943

New Ship Trainning

15 comments in this topic

16 posts
1,325 battles

I have a quick question if someone would answer it for me please. Why do Admirals from one BB to another BB need to go through training? Shouldn't there be an exception if your ship's commander is an Admiral, especially if they are going to the same ship type?

Edited by Nimitz1943

16 posts
1,325 battles

You make a valid point about making money. Maybe they should reduce the amount of "training" time for admirals. I could understand longer  training times for lower ranks and each rank should have their time adjusted accordingly if they stay with the same type of ship.

220 posts
11,643 battles
2 hours ago, Nimitz1943 said:

You make a valid point about making money. Maybe they should reduce the amount of "training" time for admirals. I could understand longer  training times for lower ranks and each rank should have their time adjusted accordingly if they stay with the same type of ship.

u can always recruit a new one

607 posts
7,618 battles
3 hours ago, Nimitz1943 said:

just pay 200k credit  to reduce retraining time  by 50%

The other 50% you could use commander EXP(if you have) or just grind it out

Edited by Gummilicious

1,040 posts
7,503 battles

What as the rank of the captain to do with anything?

There are rules about moving and retraining and the equally apply to all captains.

And yes, WG selling captains would have something to do with it.

16 posts
1,325 battles

I didn't mean an Admiral from a CV for example, transferring to a BB. An Admiral from a BB to a higher tier BB shouldn't have such a long training period, especially if it's only one tier higher. 

203 posts
11,795 battles

Its like having a man who has high experience with a Sniper Rifle A. Suddenly he's been given a brand new Sniper Rifle B.

It doesn't matter how experienced you are, something new is new you're not going to master it right from the get go with the pass experience alone.
It takes time to get the grasp of something and this arcadey system happens to reflect this in some level.

242 posts
14,020 battles

It is all for the sake of game mechanics balance. If I could switch captains that easily, I'd only need to have one captain per line per nation. It would break some gameplay experience and decrease revenue. People who have multiple premiums in a nation already can do this and you all know how good it feels.

1,040 posts
7,503 battles
On 6/16/2018 at 7:27 PM, Nimitz1943 said:

Maybe they should reduce the amount of "training" time for admirals.

That would sound like a reasonable request from your side, but WG probably expect you to pay for doubloons to contribute to the costs of developing and maintaining the game. WG allow people to play for free, but the money has to come from somewhere.

Always keep in mind that WG are a commercial operation, what they do, they do to make money.

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

I'm sorry but I don't have an issue with the system as is, it's not hard to grind out some credits or just pay a couple of $$ to skip.

It's doesn't cost that much.

I actually get annoyed at many peoples complaints about warships payment system. Warships is far more friendly than Tanks and it's relatively easy to get credits and move up the tiers without paying much at all...

16 posts
1,325 battles

I don't have an issue with paying a bit of cash to play. I was just under the impression that as your "captains" moved up in rank, the more knowledgeable they would become about a particular class of ship. As I have stated before, I can clearly understand moving a captain from an FF to a BB for example, would have to go through complete training, but for an Admiral from a BB to another BB you would think they were quite knowledgeable about that class of ship. I didn't know the training would be so much. No worries. I enjoy the game.