Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

Incoming RADAR changes? [Flambass Video]

9 comments in this topic

342 posts
7,058 battles

A start is always good but its not enough IMO. It only effects the upgrade and I think more radar nerfs are required.

233 posts
13,956 battles

it is forever going to be a pingpong game. BB are now happy because of the dearth of dds that make their life miserable. DDs are unhappy because their life is now miserable being cooked by all that microwave radiation.

When dds come back in numbers again, they are going to complain "too many dds" "OP dds" etc. Then they are going to bully the cruisers that they are not doing their job hunting dds. DDs happy that they can stay stealthed.

There will never be balance in the Force(tm).

The inherent problem is that there are so many quirks in different ship/nation lines that were introduced as "gimmicks". There is no one big fix that fits all. Especially with the "unnerfable premiums" around.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

And they STILL think radar around WW2 can pass through any obstacles.....

So people who take notes, do you need sometime to study basic science in any sort again?

Edited by spixys

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
391 posts
14,953 battles
8 hours ago, spixys said:

And they STILL think radar around WW2 can pass through any obstacles.....

So people who take notes, do you need sometime to study basic science in any sort again?

Look, I mean no disrespect, but the realism argument is a really poor one. If WoWS were based in realism them BBs would hit their targets 3% of the time, not 30% of the time. That said, a 'line of sight' function to radar would be a welcome change, just don't don't use realism as justification. 

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
14 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Look, I mean no disrespect, but the realism argument is a really poor one. If WoWS were based in realism them BBs would hit their targets 3% of the time, not 30% of the time. That said, a 'line of sight' function to radar would be a welcome change, just don't don't use realism as justification. 

I do realize this game has had been full of novelty so far (I don't hate that, and thank you for reminding me that), however, WG always use "historical realism" as an excuse to nerf/buff stuff they like - *looking at WoT*

I just wanna tease them back after all for the science bit.

Edited by spixys

683 posts
7,335 battles

maybe reduce the radar duration a bit more, but reduce the reload time and increase the number of charges? duration reduced will prevent DD from dying within a charge of radar, but reduced reload time made DD need to be cautious if wanna do stealth torp thingy? 

edit: anyway, just like dejiko_nyo mentioned, it's like a ping -pong game/yoyo game; icy_phoenix (he is here much longer) and me had gone through the time when "torpedo soup" was so rampant that iChase made a rant video on it ( I still remember it was 2 yugumo division been stealth torping for almost the whole game, halting half the enemy fleet from advancing properly). After Radar came out, and they nerfed IJN torps like nobody business, the phenomenon halted like a train running into a hill. When british cruisers came out it was still fairly acceptable as they need to think of smoke vs radar consumables, but for US light cruisers... every ships has it, I mean tier 8 and above. Now the game is flooded with radar ships, making DD lives miserable. Heck, even Khaba also miserable as there is so few DD, khaba has to try to cap when there is lack of DD to do the job.

Edited by Darkworld_2015

Sign in to follow this