You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

How good are players in the different clan leagues?

28 comments in this topic

315 posts
4,634 battles

In order of progression, a player's position in clan leagues are indicated by the color of their clan tag as follows,

[does not play in clan battles] (white clan tag) 

Squall League (bronze/brown/orange)

Gale League (silver/grey)

Storm League (gold/yellow)

Typhoon League (green)

Hurricane League (purple)

Since I'm not in a clan and don't pay much attention to that aspect of the game, it took me a while to notice the color of people's clan tags introduced a few patches back and track down what it was signifying.

Now I know what league the players are in, but I still don't have much sense of what it means in terms of how good they are, i.e. how much of a threat to me / how useful a teammate.

Okay, sure, I learnt pretty quickly that purple was essentially God tier. (hello, [MEGA] :cap_popcorn:)

Green is also quite impressive, gold seems to be consistently strong, but I can't really work out if silver and brown are better than average or just trying really hard. What percentage of the playerbase does the Gale, Storm, and Typhoon players represent for example?

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
33 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

In order of progression, a player's position in clan leagues are indicated by the color of their clan tag as follows,

[does not play in clan battles] (white clan tag) 

Squall League (bronze/brown/orange)

Gale League (silver/grey)

Storm League (gold/yellow)

Typhoon League (green)

Hurricane League (purple)

Since I'm not in a clan and don't pay much attention to that aspect of the game, it took me a while to notice the color of people's clan tags introduced a few patches back and track down what it was signifying.

Now I know what league the players are in, but I still don't have much sense of what it means in terms of how good they are, i.e. how much of a threat to me / how useful a teammate.

Okay, sure, I learnt pretty quickly that purple was essentially God tier. (hello, [MEGA] :cap_popcorn:)

Green is also quite impressive, gold seems to be consistently strong, but I can't really work out if silver and brown are better than average or just trying really hard. What percentage of the playerbase does the Gale, Storm, and Typhoon players represent for example?

"MEGA"

most embarrassing gamers Asia

god tier noobs

most typhoon clans are decent, hurricane clans are reliable, and anything below that standard I don't trust too much

381 posts
9,957 battles

Afaik you can only see the tag color post-game so it really doesn't matter that much I guess?

Also, not everyone in a hurricane clan is a super unicum nor a bronze tagged player should be automatically considered bad. 

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles
25 minutes ago, LunaStinger said:

Afaik you can only see the tag color post-game so it really doesn't matter that much I guess?

Also, not everyone in a hurricane clan is a super unicum nor a bronze tagged player should be automatically considered bad. 

This is true, also not every player from a clan participates in clan wars. But everyone can wear the colors.

Basically, if you see a well known clan, there is a chance that the player will be a lot better because otherwise he wouldn't be a part of that said clan. Doesn't mean he can't derp every now and then. And if you find a division of such clans in enemy team, welp, that's a sure loss 99% of times for you, unless you have one such in your team to counter that as well.

Edited by icy_phoenix

315 posts
4,634 battles
5 hours ago, LunaStinger said:

Not much, but I like to have it for the post-game analysis. If I see the enemy team had 3 Storm League players, vs. a bunch of Squall/Gale Leaguers on our side, and say we won, I'd like have a feel for the accomplishment (or lack of) that implies. Also, it's helpful to match a clan name to a color and threat level for future reference.

What really bugs me though are lookalike clans. Is [NOOBS] the good one, or [NOOOBS] or [NOOB]? [SALT] or [ASALT]? Don't play games with my lousy memory like that!

317 posts
6,856 battles

When there is a Purple Division then the game can be pretty hard to win, so really the focus should be on them because the team they are on are likely to be riding their coat tails. Without the Division they will be, more or less like headless chickens. If you cannot beat them, at least stall their advances.

If its a Purple player playing solo then they are as reliant on a team play as everyone else. Again, focus them down as they are the biggest threat to carry.

232 posts
13,939 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Not much, but I like to have it for the post-game analysis. If I see the enemy team had 3 Storm League players, vs. a bunch of Squall/Gale Leaguers on our side, and say we won, I'd like have a feel for the accomplishment (or lack of) that implies. Also, it's helpful to match a clan name to a color and threat level for future reference.

What really bugs me though are lookalike clans. Is [NOOBS] the good one, or [NOOOBS] or [NOOB]? [SALT] or [ASALT]? Don't play games with my lousy memory like that!

They usually are sister or secondary clans, ie. the feeder clans. Like SG(A/C)

481 posts
7,598 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Someone call my name? :Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
14 hours ago, LunaStinger said:

But what you can see pre-battle is their emblems/symbols/patches if you hover over their name.

I always check the CVs to see if they have the CV unicum badge.

Then I fetch the appropriate drink.

232 posts
13,939 battles
44 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

But what you can see pre-battle is their emblems/symbols/patches if you hover over their name.

I always check the CVs to see if they have the CV unicum badge.

Then I fetch the appropriate drink.

And that is why if I were a unicum, I'd hide my badge and appear like a dummy. Tactics.

104 posts
9,018 battles

It's hard to generalise, so I tend to "rely" on the names I recognize. 

That being said, when I'm in a division with my clanmates and the enemy team has a div comprised of lower-than-Typhoon clans, I notice that we usually end up winning, all else being equal. Not putting anyone down. It's just my observation. 

However you must realize that not every unicum player is interested in Clan Battles-- For example, this season's KOTS runner up RSTC did not play many clan battles at all - - and that not everybody in Typhoon or Hurricane clans is good or participated in clan battles (like me. I'm neither good nor was I a CB participant). 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
39 minutes ago, OtomeprincessTH said:

It's hard to generalise, so I tend to "rely" on the names I recognize. 

That being said, when I'm in a division with my clanmates and the enemy team has a div comprised of lower-than-Typhoon clans, I notice that we usually end up winning, all else being equal. Not putting anyone down. It's just my observation. 

However you must realize that not every unicum player is interested in Clan Battles-- For example, this season's KOTS runner up RSTC did not play many clan battles at all - - and that not everybody in Typhoon or Hurricane clans is good or participated in clan battles (like me. I'm neither good nor was I a CB participant). 

RSTC is a entirely different matter all together, they play on CN and were the top ranking clan there in CW

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And that is why if I were a unicum, I'd hide my badge and appear like a dummy. Tactics.

Good thinking.

But how many people really shrink their epeen?

*looks at badges on thread.

232 posts
13,939 battles
5 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Good thinking.

But how many people really shrink their epeen?

*looks at badges on thread.

i r penguin abductor. That is all. :3

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles
8 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

So this just happened...

5b23be28952dd_Screenshot(238).thumb.png.da7fe6530038c1bb505471a90dd6d234.png

I see 1 noob SGC hosho...

Anyway, if you like chatting for fun, and want to play along / learn stuff, consider joining our discord channel (SGC/SGA).

https://discord.gg/WRqBBYu

Edited by icy_phoenix

232 posts
13,939 battles
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, icy_phoenix said:

I see 1 noob SGC hosho...

Anyway, if you like chatting for fun, and want to play along / learn stuff, consider joining our discord channel (SGC/SGA).

https://discord.gg/WRqBBYu

that is not eugen and also, t4/5 cv now sux.

3 posts
9,925 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, Rina_Pon said:

So this just happened...

5b23be28952dd_Screenshot(238).thumb.png.da7fe6530038c1bb505471a90dd6d234.png

Fun facts : That purple clan guy only has 800pr on cv :Smile_teethhappy:

315 posts
4,634 battles
7 hours ago, SuperJF said:

Fun facts : That purple clan guy only has 800pr on cv :Smile_teethhappy:

While y'all line up to put the boot into Mr. Rank 1 Typhoon League Hosho what I was actually trying to get at there was the experience level I'm seeing recently in T4-5 random. It's not seal clubbing, it's a T8-10 battle in dinky boats.

5 posts
5,612 battles
On 6/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, Rina_Pon said:

Ah the feels when your clan gets mentioned - ASALT (no relation to SALT at all)

We are Gale league (hoping to get to storm soon).

Are we super unicum players? no! Although we did kill a VOR player in CB recently.
Are we average players? Average to good I'd say.

We like to have a good solid go at CB every time. We also do lots of div play and scenarios and the odd low tier battle for the lolz and funsies.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles

It depends.

The clan color,in most situations,is determined by the best 7-10 persons.

If there's only 6 unicums and they're the only ones in clan who play clan battle,they'll suffer.

For instance,501st,the champion of 1st season.Some unicum temporarily leave the game/clan,so they're inactive in this season.