Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

How to Get Crash Tester?

11 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

I got it once (you can only get it once) and I rather liked the theory that you get it by achieving 4 kills in 4 different ways  - but others have reported getting it without meeting this criterion, so it's still a big mystery.

451 posts
3 hours ago, Moldavia said:

I got it once (you can only get it once) and I rather liked the theory that you get it by achieving 4 kills in 4 different ways  - but others have reported getting it without meeting this criterion, so it's still a big mystery.

Nope, no flooding kills, 1 fire, couple torp and gun kills, but no flooding kills. Unless they count land kills as different. 

1,390 posts
9,082 battles

Interestingly enough my profile says I have the achievement, but I can't remember how I got it.

Which Scenario was it? What were the circumstances leading up to the achievement?

354 posts
9,048 battles
5 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Interestingly enough my profile says I have the achievement, but I can't remember how I got it.

Which Scenario was it? What were the circumstances leading up to the achievement?

I got it doing Narai and I can remember being stuck on the blue line in the enemy harbour area when it came up after a kill. It was a fair while ago but I can remember trying fairly hard to find out what its requirements were at the time but all the theories in all the forums had examples which invalidated them. I saw someone else get one not too long ago on Killer Whale (I think). Having had another Google on the subject, it seems it's still one of the big mysteries of the universe.

451 posts

Let's see,

Killer Whale, 

I shot as much of the bunkers and depots as I could.  Got torped by the cv a couple of times, torped the docked bb, and some of the transports. Gun hits on the docked cv, but no kill there. Ran up north cause no one else was. Got hits on the 2 forts and scored hits and a kill way up north. The evac point was down south.  I was when I got it, in the other evac point area when enemy reinforcements came.  

Screen shots of everything I shot. 

It's a bit stupid really. I was just running around having a blast. 

I wonder what the other guy did, as I got 2nd place. :fish_book:

shot-18.06.13_13.14.51-0053.jpg

shot-18.06.13_13.14.57-0656.jpg

shot-18.06.13_13.15.03-0777.jpg

shot-18.06.13_13.15.09-0260.jpg

shot-18.06.13_13.15.21-0131.jpg

shot-18.06.13_13.14.28-0332.jpg

[SEARN]
528 posts
8,078 battles
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, Moldavia said:

I got it doing Narai and I can remember being stuck on the blue line in the enemy harbour area when it came up after a kill. It was a fair while ago but I can remember trying fairly hard to find out what its requirements were at the time but all the theories in all the forums had examples which invalidated them. I saw someone else get one not too long ago on Killer Whale (I think). Having had another Google on the subject, it seems it's still one of the big mysteries of the universe.

I think I was talking to you about it back when I got it during Operation Narai as well. I was also on the forum trying to work out what the requirements were for it to figure out what I had achieved.

I did get kills from fire, flood and regular gunfire but not from ramming as I survived the battle. Was in an Atlanta I think? I do remember firing from inside the base circle near the end and getting a kill after it had already said we had completed the Op. I though this was significant due to the description saying "any port in a storm" and I was firing from the port. Others who have got it said they never entered the port so that's a miss also.

Was engaged in a pretty intense fight with multiple ships as my team had just about dissolved around me and I did not even notice I had got it until after I killed the Hood and saw the results screen.

I'm still no closer to finding out the details behind it either.

21 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

It is said to be "Destroy 30%+ of enemies and bunkers"

Nah. Narai not only had no bunkers, but way before I received it I was destroying well more than 30% of total number of enemy ships in many battles and I never got it until much later. 

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,548 battles
17 小時前,HobartAWD 說:

I think I was talking to you about it back when I got it during Operation Narai as well. I was also on the forum trying to work out what the requirements were for it to figure out what I had achieved.

I did get kills from fire, flood and regular gunfire but not from ramming as I survived the battle. Was in an Atlanta I think? I do remember firing from inside the base circle near the end and getting a kill after it had already said we had completed the Op. I though this was significant due to the description saying "any port in a storm" and I was firing from the port. Others who have got it said they never entered the port so that's a miss also.

Was engaged in a pretty intense fight with multiple ships as my team had just about dissolved around me and I did not even notice I had got it until after I killed the Hood and saw the results screen.

I'm still no closer to finding out the details behind it either.

Nah. Narai not only had no bunkers, but way before I received it I was destroying well more than 30% of total number of enemy ships in many battles and I never got it until much later. 

Narai has bunker.

[SEARN]
528 posts
8,078 battles
25 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Narai has bunker.

Yeah sorry was late and I was tired after work. Not very well written.

What I meant was, on my Narai game when I got crash tester achievement I had not destroyed any of the forts/bunkers.

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,548 battles
2 小時前,HobartAWD 說:

Yeah sorry was late and I was tired after work. Not very well written.

What I meant was, on my Narai game when I got crash tester achievement I had not destroyed any of the forts/bunkers.

It probably means,you need to destroy(Bunker+Ship)>=30% of total (Bunker+Ship)

Sign in to follow this