Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Snow75

Elite Captain XP

13 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
24 posts
5,878 battles

I have 750k+ elite captain xp and atm 4 19pt captains.

I'm in a quandary as to what i should to with my elite xp.

I used my 1st captn to get no.2, two to get 3rd, 3 to get 4th. All these captains are on their final ships, so only their elite ship & premiums will add to the total.

I'm now either going to use the elite xp to get my 5th... or:

I'm tempted to get the remaining xp to 19point with my IJN or pan-asian DD captains (not started the respective 'tree's' ) and thus earn elite xp whilst 'grinding' the line.

But I'm not totally convinced having the end-spec 19pointer will be best on a whole line grind, and having another captain I can use will keep the total ticking up. And all the remaining captains are lower and lower (15pts for my '5th', or 11pts for my tech-tree 'grinds'). [I'm trying to have 1 x 19point captn per nation]

So it's either get my 5th or the 500,000+ more to use on a grinder... Part of me like the idea of 'grinder' adding to the elite xp, the other part says 5th to add to 6th is better in the long run.

So I'm here to collect the forums wisdom, which way should I go?

354 posts
9,048 battles
21 hours ago, Snow75 said:

I have 750k+ elite captain xp and atm 4 19pt captains.

I'm in a quandary as to what i should to with my elite xp.

I used my 1st captn to get no.2, two to get 3rd, 3 to get 4th. All these captains are on their final ships, so only their elite ship & premiums will add to the total.

I'm now either going to use the elite xp to get my 5th... or:

I'm tempted to get the remaining xp to 19point with my IJN or pan-asian DD captains (not started the respective 'tree's' ) and thus earn elite xp whilst 'grinding' the line.

But I'm not totally convinced having the end-spec 19pointer will be best on a whole line grind, and having another captain I can use will keep the total ticking up. And all the remaining captains are lower and lower (15pts for my '5th', or 11pts for my tech-tree 'grinds'). [I'm trying to have 1 x 19point captn per nation]

So it's either get my 5th or the 500,000+ more to use on a grinder... Part of me like the idea of 'grinder' adding to the elite xp, the other part says 5th to add to 6th is better in the long run.

So I'm here to collect the forums wisdom, which way should I go?

I'm in a similar situation - I've got 19pt German, Japanese and US captains and 850k elite cxp in the bank. Priorities for their use will vary from person to person, but a 19pt capt that isn't being used is wasted - I've hardly ever used my Yamamoto 19pt capt and those 1M cxp (to raise him from 15 to 19 pts) could probably have been better distributed among captains that I do use. I don't have any high tier IJN premiums, but who knows what the future holds, so I don't have any real regrets. In my case, my main farming ship is the Missouri (undoubtedly the best ship in the game for this) so the vast majority of my cxp comes from grinding it in coop - I recently promoted my Budyonny capt from 10 to 14pts at a cost of 400k cxp and moved my 19pt US capt from Colorado to NC for another 125k - which dropped me back to ~200K, but I'm already back to 850K and the grinding of the Halsey missions will keep that rising steadily.

I'll probably use my free cxp to bump Budyonny up anther pt to get EL and use more to raise US cl capts up to 14pts so they can have IFHE. For me, there doesn't seem to be any real advantage to pumping it all into getting another 19pt capt at this time - especially since any ship that I'm likely to have him on will not farm as well as the Missouri.

265 posts
4,722 battles

Having a 19 pt for the whole grind is not economical, because you need to pay a lot to retrain the captain to a new ship, unless you are willing to use doubloons. You might not gain significant advantage for having extra captain skills compared to those 10pt captains.

I agree with @Moldavia, train the captain on a ship that you going to use the most so you can earn back the ecxp. Of course, don't keep moving that captain around, if not, you might lose more than gaining ecxp (or credits). Those less played ship captains still should be at least 10pts to stay competitive. i usually stick at least a 10pts captain from tier 8 onward (destroyer is otherwise), the rest has a lower skill point so i don't spend much on retraining.

I use elite cxp for, which already uses a lot.

1. retraining a captain to another newly researched ship to save doubloons.

2. train till 10 skill point to stay competitive.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,372 battles

When I only had a few 19 point captains I used to make a habit of rotating them through every premium ship I could for the first win of the day and stack them with all of the XP bonus flags and camos I could. Now I have eighteen of them. It doesn't take as long as you may think.

[PEEDZ]
24 posts
5,878 battles

Yeah i think i'll shelve a 'up  the line' 19 pointer.

So my soviet captain can be the next one, will get to use him on operations regularly [like all my 19pt capt atm] and on the t8+ halsey campaign.

Pity my french captains are both 13 atm. will be working them both ends against the middle (am doing that for all my nearest upgradable captains).

In brighter news, got yamamoto on the weekend, pleasant headache he now is [my ijn 19pt is my yamato captain :fish_nerv:]

265 posts
4,722 battles
On 6/11/2018 at 2:54 AM, Bex_o7 said:

When I only had a few 19 point captains I used to make a habit of rotating them through every premium ship I could for the first win of the day and stack them with all of the XP bonus flags and camos I could. Now I have eighteen of them. It doesn't take as long as you may think.

I only have 2 currently. Training takes time for a non-premium player.

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles

Once you have 19 pointers on ships you will always play, its better to spend the elite exp on lower level captains, to get at least 10, or 14 points on everything for example, and keep something for retraining as well. 19 points takes a lot of xp, so making 19 points on captains that you wont play regularly is wasteful.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,372 battles
5 hours ago, GRADAN31 said:

I only have 2 currently. Training takes time for a non-premium player.

You don't have any premium ships?

265 posts
4,722 battles
On 6/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, Bex_o7 said:

You don't have any premium ships?

i never bought any, all earned. non-premium as in i don't buy premium time.

Edited by GRADAN31
added more comments

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,881 battles

For me use for retrain a half captain xp for save doubloons (spend 200k credit despite spend 250k xp captains too idk why i save 500 doubloons :cap_look:)

i have tons ATM farm xp captains and spend for get 10 pt first then get 9 pt for battles

248 posts
14,473 battles

Put 19pt captains on ships you will frequently use.

Farm free captain xp.

Use free captain xp on ships that you will also frequently use.

Make more 19pt captain.

Repeat.

(After many repeats)

Profit.

OORRR spend those free xp on captains that will improve ships that need high level captains to play properly *cough*cough*akizukineedsatleast14points*cough*cough*

OR spend it on captain retraining for those critical moments, which should be your last resort.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
439 posts
15,372 battles
6 hours ago, GRADAN31 said:

i never bought any, all earned. non-premium as in i don't buy premium time.

Well, I don't buy premium time either. If you've got the Freemiums you can still rotate your captains through them and make Elite Commander XP bank...

265 posts
4,722 battles
16 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Well, I don't buy premium time either. If you've got the Freemiums you can still rotate your captains through them and make Elite Commander XP bank...

Sadly, both my 19pt captains are USN, 1 for Montana (Missouri), another for Des Moines, which i played a lot. But for USN premium ships, the only high tier is Missouri, so only limited to earning from these. I guess I will not rush to get another 19 points captain yet, because no time to play more.

Sign in to follow this