You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Operation Cherry Blossom

21 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

Anyone having any luck with this one on the PT server. Tried it a number of times and haven't really come close yet.

Edit: OK, finally got a 4 star win after about 6 attempts.

Edited by Moldavia

2,254 posts
13,968 battles

It's really easy if you can get a team that will shoot at the aerodromes. Sadly most players can't/won't/don't read primary task.

1,050 posts
7,786 battles

Easy? It is a lot easier now, after the midday update.

My team reached the area of the aerodrome with 4 ships, but I did not see anything on land to shoot at, just the marker.

How close do you have to get?

258 posts
14,569 battles

It's going to be another "Operation camp around the heal point". Heal point needs to be moved *further* back

258 posts
14,569 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Easy? It is a lot easier now, after the midday update.

My team reached the area of the aerodrome with 4 ships, but I did not see anything on land to shoot at, just the marker.

How close do you have to get?

IIRC, both are blocked by the terrain unless you go rather closer.

Played 3, lost 2 because 2 people camped instead.

2,254 posts
13,968 battles

I'm pretty sure they "camp" because they see ships and that's all they can think about. They have no idea of the real objective.

354 posts
9,048 battles
7 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Played 3, lost 2 because 2 people camped instead.

If you get too close, your shells don't pass over the shoreline and just hit the land - you have to be back a bit.

166 posts
5,521 battles

Got a taste just now, first match I wonder why I was the only Cleveland in the team.

Not quite sure how to get close to the aerodromes when the defense is this aggressive unless Yolo. Half the team is lost by the time the enemy first squadron appears.

shot-18_06.10_13_26.42-0058.thumb.jpg.faf0cd8cf06aa7bd78ae9e1774a2b120.jpgshot-18_06.10_13_26.47-0776.thumb.jpg.b4dc9dce3dd292de2c129f77037116f7.jpg

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
19 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

What does that mean, 5km, 1km?

I'm asking because the rest of our team was fairly close to the shore surely within gun range, there were the aerodrome markers, but nothing to see to shoot at.

It's similar to the landed troops, you see the counter, but there is nothing shown on shore.

258 posts
14,569 battles
4 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What does that mean, 5km, 1km?

I'm asking because the rest of our team was fairly close to the shore surely within gun range, there were the aerodrome markers, but nothing to see to shoot at.

It's similar to the landed troops, you see the counter, but there is nothing shown on shore.

interesting. I myself haven't shot at the aerodromes because either i) someone else in my team did it as we pushed foward and we won or ii) the rest of the cowardly team stayed back whiled I attempted to push to hit the aerodrome but miserably died.

Probably will get some improvements towards targeting the aerodromes in next PT.

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
12 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

interesting. I myself haven't shot at the aerodromes because either i) someone else in my team did it as we pushed foward and we won or ii) the rest of the cowardly team stayed back whiled I attempted to push to hit the aerodrome but miserably died.

That’s my experience, too. Although in one game, we got 4 ships to the bay where the aerodromes are, just that nobody on the team could see them.

You get attacked by wave after wave, which means you have only so much time before the entire team is dead.

It’s fair enough, this is T8, and T8 player can deal with a good level of difficulty. But this scenarios should not be “too hard.” Because that’s no fun, people stop playing and what does WG win by making a scenario too hard?

8 posts
5,346 battles

I've played it and can only reach 4 stars... I agree teamwork is fundamental in achieving the 5 stars needed. The Aerodromes look as if they are tucked are tucked away to force you to deal with the other ships first and the aircraft kills required to complete. Good and challenging mission overall. A few tweaks should make it fun.

258 posts
14,569 battles
On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, PeterMoe1963 said:

Let's hope so!

Looks better now, although it may be due to me tweaking playstyle. Aerodome easy to nuke once you get a clear shot but by (*)(*!!! the amount of torpedoes in this scenario...

1,050 posts
7,786 battles

Just played Cherry Blossom again, this was Part 2 of 0.7.6.

The team was pretty good, but 1st attempt gave us a 5 star win, with only one ship lost. I finished with my health almost intact.

WG definitely dialed the difficulty down. When it was a bit too hard before, it seems a bit easy now... but I tried only once, I may have been lucky to be on a great team.

image.thumb.png.e2b0f951b9b87490cc99bb88116ed48f.png

image.thumb.png.42a345bea14734dffa85e48d32491ade.png

258 posts
14,569 battles

I got my 5stars in the first round. Probably it seems easier because players finding the correct tactics. What I found best was:

1) Beginning split into to groups: A smaller one further from the shore to intercept the cruisers and dds and a second one closer to the shore to kill the myokos and incoming dds from the north.

2) stick together when working towards the aerodromes. Chain DFAA. Hydro like nuts. Makes torpedobeats from the TBs easier.

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
On 6/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

Hydro like nuts

That's a good point!

You often see in operations, not only Cheery Blossom, that players do not use their hydro and many ships get hit by torps, which would be perfectly avoidable.

If you just spotted a bunch of DD's in torpedo range, there would be torps in the water. Why would you not flip on the hydro, if you have a working brain between your ears?

In a smart team there would be some communication in chat, so ships with hydro can take turns.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

I got my 5stars in the first round. Probably it seems easier because players finding the correct tactics.

I tried 3 or 4 times, only in one game the team even reached the second stage. And in that one game, the 4 ships that arrived were killed by wave after wave of enemies.

You must have had a good team.

[AMPOL]
88 posts
3,952 battles

Our team got a 5 star victory first up as well.

Done right, as it stands, CB will be a pretty big XP / cash fest, although now they have some data, I guess they can dial in the enemy ship difficulty to get the desired win / lose ratio when it goes live.