You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

EU server stats, in graphics.

27 comments in this topic

129 posts

based on the graph, i can conclude something very important 

"10K battle increase win rate, 20K battle decrease win rate"

my theory is, after bored of getting serious, to increase 50+ WR. someone might try stupid idea and dont give sheet about WR anymore. thus decrease its own win rate to become as low as possible. but the other dont think the same and keep increase.

this is also explain WoWs learning curve is really hard. you need a lot of battle to be gud.....

[MEGA]
4,662 posts
17,896 battles
32 minutes ago, Balzarknam said:

based on the graph, i can conclude something very important 

"10K battle increase win rate, 20K battle decrease win rate"

my theory is, after bored of getting serious, to increase 50+ WR. someone might try stupid idea and dont give sheet about WR anymore. thus decrease its own win rate to become as low as possible. but the other dont think the same and keep increase.

this is also explain WoWs learning curve is really hard. you need a lot of battle to be gud.....

most people with above 20k battles are prob bots so their WR is ofc low

590 posts
2,995 battles
3 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

uxFb7mkwxk4zaOTA3t_oviip-a5qy-6YvWwccfV93KY.thumb.png.e94fc10cdc38e1190bd66c1b3c094562.pnghttps://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/8p019f/statistics_on_the_eu_server_population/

I thought it was interesting. Seems that most people pass over to a 50% WR around 3000 games. The WR typically goes up a bit more, to 52-53%, but then holds constant.

Also shows a declining join player base, retention 

349 posts
4,845 battles
23 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Also shows a declining join player base, retention 

You have to be very careful interpreting that plot.

It's in percentages, not numbers of players.

The big dip starts late last year, corresponds to the big jump in players joined (see first plot). What it tells you is that the big expansion in player numbers did not increase the numbers of long term players in proportion, a larger fraction of the new players dropped out compared to when the game was less mainstream. It could be the numbers of long term players actually increased, just not in proportion to the total number of players.

Another way to look at it is that the Steam Launch brought in a large proportion of low quality players who subsequently quit.

Edited by Rina_Pon

590 posts
2,995 battles
3 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

You have to be very careful interpreting that plot.

It's in percentages, not numbers of players.

The big dip starts late last year, corresponds to the big jump in players joined (see first plot). What it tells you is that the big expansion in player numbers did not increase the numbers of long term players in proportion, a larger fraction of the new players dropped out compared to when the game was less mainstream. It could be the numbers of long term players actually increased, just not in proportion to the total number of players.

Another way to look at it is that the Steam Launch brought in a large proportion of low quality players who subsequently quit.

Regardless of how you split the pie, it shows that 1. we might be getting new players, but there not staying. 2. wow's at least in the EU is struggling to maintain players over the long run. 3. that out of the last 7 days, they are actively only seeing 30k people logged in on the server per day. but if you trend that out, it's 12k per day over 30 days, 7.5k over 90 and 6.1 over the past 180.

So whilst yes, the number is increasing in the short time frame, there only retaining what feels like around 10% at 90 days - So around 1200 users remain out of the theoretical 30k people...

It highlights a few things, the numbers would be interesting for SEA server

Edit 1: I would love to see the number for australian's / nz and this time zone and where there now playing, additionally i would like to see activity of accounts and what retention we have

353 posts
5,075 battles

I know the retention arent that great, ive seen japanese youtubers vlogging for a month then dissappearing completely

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,481 battles

Game is too repetitive. No new changes. No new mechanics. 

To be honest im all burnt out. I still have 80 days of premium. 

My day in wows now. Log in. 1 game Cleveland log out. 

1,050 posts
7,727 battles
3 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Game is too repetitive. No new changes. No new mechanics. 

I don’t think that’s the reason for *new* players dropping out. For them everything is new and progress grinding up the tech tree is fairly quick in the beginning.

Could imagine that new players will quit because:

·         They are seal-clubbed too often

·         After a while, grinding without premium/doubloons becomes tedious (But I guess freeloaders are not WG’s priority to keep)

·         The frustration we all feel more or less gets to them

156 posts
4,055 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

They are seal-clubbed too often

I can relate to that. There are dedicated sealclubbers for tiers 1 & 2. Recently i faced one such div when i started grinding through my french cruiser line. Going by there playstyle and shooting accuracy it was evident that they were not noobs. When i looked up there stats my doubt was confirmed, these players have dedicated a good amount of there time sealclubbing at lower tiers. My god, the sadomasochism! 

1,386 posts
9,069 battles

I am not surprised WoWs is having trouble retaining players.

The game does barely anything to educate new players. No explanation of the game mechanics, no in-depth tutorials. Heck we can't even see the stats of all the ships in the game, only those in the tech-tree or that you already own. YouTube and the WoWs wiki and stuff like that don't count - this info needs to be in the game and not on some 3rd party platform.

Add in the seal-clubbers and it is not surprising news players aren't staying. Why struggle to play a game you don't know how to play and get routinely beaten up by those who do? And those who do stick with the game never end up learning the mechanics, they just fail their way to the high tiers.

Only those players who put extra time and effort to go to 3rd party platforms to educate themselves on how to play the game truly get better. But let's be frank here, those players are the exception not the norm.

14 hours ago, SlamUez said:

To be honest im all burnt out. I still have 80 days of premium.

Heh if it weren't for the Indianapolis missions I wouldn't even be playing PvP now. Some days I would just log in and play nothing but Scenarios.

I think I am all burnt out too, with PvP at least. I have not been having fun with PvP recently - could just be me but I am finding a lot of one-sided steamrolls, regardless of win or loss, and players just not having a clue. When you see 7 players on one flank being held back by 3 enemy ships, it really demoralises you.

1,050 posts
7,727 battles
22 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

I can relate to that. There are dedicated sealclubbers for tiers 1 & 2. Recently i faced one such div when i started grinding through my french cruiser line. Going by there playstyle and shooting accuracy it was evident that they were not noobs. When i looked up there stats my doubt was confirmed, these players have dedicated a good amount of there time sealclubbing at lower tiers. My god, the sadomasochism!

Yes, plenty of those around... I guess some of the new players are on their team.

I guess they do it for the WR? Because the won't earn a lot of XP or credits at the low tiers.

231 posts
11,907 battles
On 08/06/2018 at 10:23 PM, Thyaliad said:

I am not surprised WoWs is having trouble retaining players.

The game does barely anything to educate new players. No explanation of the game mechanics, no in-depth tutorials. Heck we can't even see the stats of all the ships in the game, only those in the tech-tree or that you already own. YouTube and the WoWs wiki and stuff like that don't count - this info needs to be in the game and not on some 3rd party platform.

Add in the seal-clubbers and it is not surprising news players aren't staying. Why struggle to play a game you don't know how to play and get routinely beaten up by those who do? And those who do stick with the game never end up learning the mechanics, they just fail their way to the high tiers.

Only those players who put extra time and effort to go to 3rd party platforms to educate themselves on how to play the game truly get better. But let's be frank here, those players are the exception not the norm.

Heh if it weren't for the Indianapolis missions I wouldn't even be playing PvP now. Some days I would just log in and play nothing but Scenarios.

I think I am all burnt out too, with PvP at least. I have not been having fun with PvP recently - could just be me but I am finding a lot of one-sided steamrolls, regardless of win or loss, and players just not having a clue. When you see 7 players on one flank being held back by 3 enemy ships, it really demoralises you.

the steamrolling tilt is just too bad recently. aside from the occasional bots which which are smart enough to witheld stats viewing.

435 posts
6,221 battles

Equally noting is the re-balancing (nerfing) of good ships, yeah they were destructive in experience hands but it was fun, repeatable fun, but WG kill off so many fun ships and fun ship lines, effectively kill off players.

And there should be a side-swipe at the hustle of premium ship prices.

108 posts
3,054 battles
On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, PeterMoe1963 said:

Could imagine that new players will quit because:

·         They are seal-clubbed too often

as a new player this is something I had to get my head around. I thought the MM matched Commander levels, playing in a boat with a lvl7-10 captain against a lvl19 is not conducive to learning or getting better. this would level the playing field for new players.

17 hours ago, Lowyat said:

like some of the 1st person shooter games, you have to go through "training school". start at seaman and work your way through the games mechanics until you pass out a petty officer or whatever and then get to battle your ship/s.

1,050 posts
7,727 battles
3 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

as a new player this is something I had to get my head around. I thought the MM matched Commander levels, playing in a boat with a lvl7-10 captain against a lvl19 is not conducive to learning or getting better. this would level the playing field for new players.

Do you mean captain points? Because you get player levels up to 15, AFAIK.

Anyway, MM only matches ship type and keeps ships within the tier limits, ie +-1 or +-2. Player skill, WR or similar are not considered. Captain skills points are not considered. How far you have upgraded your ship is not considered. If the gap between a T6 and a T8 is typically big, the gap between a T6-Hull A and a T8-Hull C is even bigger.

3 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

like some of the 1st person shooter games, you have to go through "training school". start at seaman and work your way through the games mechanics until you pass out a petty officer or whatever and then get to battle your ship/s.

This would have potential to frustrate new players even more. Just imagine, you have to do a number of practice missions before you can even play the game.

I think the player should have the option to jump straight in. If he get’s killed, there are plenty of resources to learn from. If you have some knowledge of naval warfare, I believe you can jump straight into it.

About the “not having much to educate new players”, I heard that before, but I don’t agree. Some videos you can reach from within the game interface, those teach you the basics. Then you are free to read and watch as much as you like for weeks, on the WG site/forum, Youtube or Reddit. Players sitting in front of a computer with Internet connection and complaining about a lack of teaching material, that’s a joke.

341 posts
4,131 battles

TomTomOne should be a legend.

I mean unironically, no shame intended. 33900 games, a skilled player too? He probably loves WoWs more than most of us.

Edited by InterconKW

156 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, InterconKW said:

He probably loves WoWs more than most of us

He must love WOWS more than his wife/gf or for than matter anything/anyone else in his life.  

33,900 games = 508,500 mins (considering 15 mins per game) = 8,475 hrs = 530 days (assuming he sleeps 6 hrs per day and spends 2 hrs eating, bathing, etc) = 1.5 yrs of uninterrupted gaming!!! Holy SHEEP! :cap_fainting:

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles
4 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

He must love WOWS more than his wife/gf or for than matter anything/anyone else in his life.  

33,900 games = 508,500 mins (considering 15 mins per game) = 8,475 hrs = 530 days (assuming he sleeps 6 hrs per day and spends 2 hrs eating, bathing, etc) = 1.5 yrs of uninterrupted gaming!!! Holy SHEEP! :cap_fainting:

Eh, he just uses a PC, and a bot script, and probably shared from 15 other places.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
337 posts
57 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Eh, he just uses a PC, and a bot script, and probably shared from 15 other places.

So he can literally made an entire team by himself...

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles
4 hours ago, spixys said:

So he can literally made an entire team by himself...

Yah, I saw some players with 60 games per day with vert bad game stats, like 14k average on tier 10s..., so I gave it my all one day to see how much I could go, and after 43 games, I knocked out myself infront of the computer..... thats like 15 hours straight.... I dont think real human can do this for days.

341 posts
4,131 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yah, I saw some players with 60 games per day with vert bad game stats, like 14k average on tier 10s..., so I gave it my all one day to see how much I could go, and after 43 games, I knocked out myself infront of the computer..... thats like 15 hours straight.... I dont think real human can do this for days.

The thing is... This guy is actually good. 22000 of his games are solo at 59% WR

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
337 posts
1 hour ago, InterconKW said:

The thing is... This guy is actually good. 22000 of his games are solo at 59% WR

And.. where did you find that, when I typed the name this morning, it's gone.

image.thumb.png.461fab12ba3820e4297d10fb3ca357ff.png

248 posts
14,473 battles
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Easy to get 60 games, especially when you pointed out the fact their stats are very bad.

Get in game. Die quickly. Port. Choose another ship. Get in game. Repeat and rinse.

Basically, they can easily rack up games like that because if you try to play well, you'll play near 20 minutes.