You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

Looking for a T8 Premium for Random/possible Rank ?

28 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Hi 

Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of whats on offer;  looking for some  insight.

Loyang - looks interesting but I wonder how useful it is now with all the radar/planes/hydro around particularly around when its tiered up ?

Atago  - I play abit of DD torps so could work for me and I like gun sniping occasionally ?

Alabama - seems to be all round dependable damage dealer ?

Tripitz - no sure might be a bit tricky to play well in ?

Thanks

156 posts
4,055 battles

Well depends on how and what yo like to play. If you like playing DD or CA, choice is no-brainer. 

If you want to play traditional angled, nose in, keeping safe distance, good guns, improved AA and torp protection then Alabama.

If you like brawling, good secondary, torps, okay-ish guns then Torpitz. 

166 posts
5,521 battles

Battleship secondary build have never been a thing for competitive play, so it's advised not to.

But it's fun to play with it if you know what you are doing and have good experience positioning & map awareness.

Pan-Asian destroyer is very competitive as well.

Looked at your profile just now, i'd say Loyang.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles
1 hour ago, Dano07 said:

Hi 

Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of whats on offer;  looking for some  insight.

Loyang - looks interesting but I wonder how useful it is now with all the radar/planes/hydro around particularly around when its tiered up ?

Atago  - I play abit of DD torps so could work for me and I like gun sniping occasionally ?

Thanks

Save your money

don't give it to war gaming its not worth it at all

oh and all my tiers 8 I got from Santa creates and I have never spent money to buy a tier 8 premium at its max price 

they are a rip off for the price they are asking.

156 posts
4,055 battles
43 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Stop donating to wargaming

their recent decision is enough to mindblown someone head off

if u keep donating,they gonna be more making stupid decisions

Which recent decision? 

[MEGA]
4,662 posts
17,896 battles
Just now, Anger_Lehner said:

Which recent decision? 

I assume either the grap zep incident or the EULA change

1 hour ago, Dano07 said:

Hi 

Thanks

in terms of fun

atago>alabama>Loyang>tirpitz

in terms of how strong the ship is even when uptiered

Loyang=atago>>>alabama>tirpitz

in rank, Loyang> everything

652 posts
7,755 battles
1 hour ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Which recent decision? 

EULA is one of the decision that tilt me(as drakon223 stated)

Like you already spend xxx and no ownership for it...

156 posts
4,055 battles

You can think of money spent on WG prem ships as a depreciating investment, like your car lol. Your car loses its charm, value and performance over years of use. Due to the ever-changing game meta, certain ships can become over-powerful at times and need nerfs. If they can buff prems like they did with the Prinz E, they can do nerfs too to ensure "balans". 

[MEGA]
4,662 posts
17,896 battles
2 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

EULA is one of the decision that tilt me(as drakon223 stated)

Like you already spend xxx and no ownership for it...

oh get over it, it's the same EULA as most F2P games and even some of the most famous P2P games out there like WOW, this decision is extreamly healthy for the environment and frankly should have been done years ago

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Loyang is one of most OP DD at tier,  while firepower and torp is kinda meh (but still work), it have 5.4km hydro range (which can out spot KM DD in they own game) and have ridiculous long active time (if you have upgrade) , it have 100% Murica smoke, still faster IJN DD even it dont have speed boost and also stealthy enough to make it hydro work . It won't lose any DD same tier or even higher in base capture. Radar is another matter but it same for other DD.

Atago is all around good, and she have heal. But that all,  if you have experience in IJN cruiser and you like them, you will like her.

Alabama is not weak, but NC is just better (she have better AA than NC but......). And she can't even memelize like upcoming Massachusett,  so i'm not remomended

Tipitz is not tricky to play, she kinda.....brawler BB?, like most of german BB, she not bad but not very competitive.

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles

me waiting the kidd ^^ hope one day wg will add the ship to the tech tree

Personally, i think the kidd is more fitting to the meta at the moment. 

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles

Thing about competitive modes are, yes they might have RADAR, but so does your team. Lo Yang kinda beats any other T8 DDs when it comes to cap contesting.

Tirpitz is much easier to play than Alabama. Basically you need to learn the way of North Carolina. Not the easiest BB to aim with.

Atago is fairly easy to play, but I don't think she is that good at T8 anymore.

1,050 posts
7,727 battles

There is also the KII in the shop, which I never played. I have the other 4.

In recent times, T8’s seem to see a lot of T9 and T10 games. I have Alabama from a crate, but basically haven’t played her. I find that Tirpitz does not up-tier that well and she is certainly not one of the strongest T8 BB’s. But then I should say that my Tirpitz still has a secondaries build, which I will change to concealment/survivability build when the next free skill point re-shuffle comes around. There are too many battles when the secondaries don’t do damage much damage, if any.

Atago isnt’ bad, but I’d definitely pick the Prinz Eugen as a premium T8 over her… I think Prinz Eugen is fantastic, but not in the shop at this time.

LoYang, great when you perfect using the hydro for contesting caps. Not the strongest T8 DD otherwise.

The thing is that you pay a fair bit of money for a T8, especially the BB’s. If the above are the T8 premiums at this time, I’m not sure I can make a clear recommendation for any of them.

When Prince Eugen comes back to the shop, I’d pick her.

231 posts
11,907 battles

I whizzed through to rank 10 in a Kii mostly, its fun to surprise enemies with those akizuki guns and torps in my case.

166 posts
5,521 battles
4 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

I whizzed through to rank 10 in a Kii mostly, its fun to surprise enemies with those akizuki guns and torps in my case.

I thought Kii is just an upgraded Amagi, which isn't fun as she used to be. What is her performance exactly?

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
55 minutes ago, ColonelRVH said:

I thought Kii is just an upgraded Amagi, which isn't fun as she used to be. What is her performance exactly?

The Kii is an Amagi with:

Worse accuracy ROF and range

Worse armour

Worse surface detection.

Better health than Amagi B hull

Better AA

Torpedoes

https://wowsft.com/shipStatComparison

231 posts
11,907 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelRVH said:

It is situational, but with the right time and place, watch those 3s 100mm guns melt things quickly.

Although the ruddershift is better the torpbelt isn't great in comparison with amagi. Try not eat torps.

1,050 posts
7,727 battles
23 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Torpedoes

I think those torpedos may be a curse rather than a blessing.

I don’t have Kii, but I remember when she first appeared. Many of them seemed to show broadside and I scored a few citadels at short ranges. Sometimes I was surprised by a torpedo from unknown origin. Then I read somewhere that Kii has torpedos, but the launchers are fixed perpendicular to the ship’s axis. So I guess players tried to turn her to get torps away… which is probably not the wisest thing to do in many situations.

I have the impression there are not that many of them around these days.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts
59 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I think those torpedos may be a curse rather than a blessing.

I don’t have Kii, but I remember when she first appeared. Many of them seemed to show broadside and I scored a few citadels at short ranges. Sometimes I was surprised by a torpedo from unknown origin. Then I read somewhere that Kii has torpedos, but the launchers are fixed perpendicular to the ship’s axis. So I guess players tried to turn her to get torps away… which is probably not the wisest thing to do in many situations.

I have the impression there are not that many of them around these days.

That's the Mutsu.

Kii has 2 x triple independent launchers at the rear.