Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

T6 in T8 match, please stop !

3 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Playing T6 BB, CA & DD in T8 matches is like sleeping in a cactus bed.
I'm in grinding my GM BB T6 ... her cannon is 14km (or 15km) ... versus T8 CA & BB with +17km.
When I'm charging through & finally under my shoot distance, 7/8 my HP is already gone and with 3 fire status, so you know what happen next.
Each of CA T8 shooting with HE, the shells can damage 1/8 hp of my ship, let alone leaving burning status.
Each of BB T8 shooting with HE or AP, the shell can damage 2/8 hp and even worst when hitting port side.
This apply too to BB T6 UK as her cannon distance also short. FRA quite lucky as she had 18km cannon.

What I'm asking is to prohibited T6 match making to matched with T8 ships, even when population is low.
There's hardly any point to play it at all. You either dead or score low. It is also had no fun points at all.
Of course someone gonna say he can be the No.1 in these match, but I believe majority would feel like I do.
Yes, I was able to reach no.1 before with T6 DD, but that one time, I was lucky not to meet T8 DD. If I met one, guarantee dead.

Those kind of matches are only for Sadomasochist lover & challenger freaks.
They Like to be tortured without able to fight back, hell even accepting to be tortured.
Or for people who enjoy challenge with 0,0001% of winning/survive chance.

[HMASW]
1,548 posts

When I'm in matches like this (a good half the time) , I don't charge in, I travel half speed, & wait for the enemy to charge in... When you get to the area you want, start zigzagging, because you will probably be spotted, & sail away.... This will help drag enemies with you who want to shoot you, & thus exposing themselves to your ships.... Its OK to act like bait.... Support your team more, engage ships that are already being shot at, & help with AA... Don't go Yolo, & watch the minimap all the time (turn last known enemy positions on), & that will also help you .....

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I know, been done that like hundreds of matches with all kind of ships. But like I said, it's a pointless & less enjoyable matches. A match is full of random possibilities.
1.Your start point determined your decision to take position.
2. Different map, different strategy. As well as different mission, different approach.
3. Team composition (# of BB, CA & DD) changing teamwork play.
4. Your ship class define your own roles.
5. Match progression will create unlimited scenario.

These are pointless when you're BB cannot event help anyone, especially in dire situation, just because it outclass & outgunned. I can compromise 1 Tier different, or T8 in T10 matches, because these ship still can fight back. But this is really special case as T6 ship is basically equivalent to T5, rather than near to T7 level. While T7 to T8 gap are doubled, because T8 have been buffed to add them small comfort in being slaughtered in the T10 matches.

What I say is not "Impossible" ... but when play T6 in T8 matches, knowing all you get is low score + quick death, or just survive with low score ... this what I'm saying it's pointless. I don't Yolo & watch the minimap ... but all you can in this match is more watching than action. When T8 vs T8 fighting, you cannot help them as your cannon is short. So you want to help the team by reposition yourself in under shooting distance. But by doing that, high chance exposing yourself. Instead helping teammate, you just became a short temporary baits that die quickly. And as I said, you don't even score big, so what's the point wasting your time in this matches ?

There are 2 choice of my suggestion for this problem.
1. Get rid T6 in T8 matches Match-making completely, or ...
2. T6 in T8 matches had better scoring calculation. (Or any tier difference, the lower get better scoring & the higher get less scoring calculation)

• Just for example, T6 generate 2x score calculation when damaging T8 ship,  while T7 generate x1,5 score calculation when damaging T8 ship. Also, T8 generate x0,75 score against T7 and generate x0,5 score against T6. So there's less glory for T8 for killing less tier level ship as they are far more superior in the first place. And there's a lot of glory for T6 able to score versus higher tier ship as they are disadvantage in the first place. I mean, it's really ridiculous & disgusting when T8 ships get higher score for killing a ship less powerful than they are. Also no additional reward at all when T6 able to score big against T8 ships is just outrageous.

Sign in to follow this