You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alcor_1

Does anyone think that WG has a sensitive team-killing system?

31 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,265 battles

This is my first post in this forum, nice to meet you all. 

So here is my experience, it is a simple match in my Aoba at Neighbors. At some point, me in Aoba, allied Bayern and allied Ohkhotnik was going to take down a soloing Kongo. This Ohkhotnik was behind an island waiting for Kongo to pass on. I launch my 1 salvo of torps and I yell on Radio on Ohkhotnik to "Get Back" and say on the chat ,"My torps are heading to your position, get the hell out."

He started moving forward and launch his torps, well for God's sake, he was moving towards my torps and BOOM.... I got penalty. 

20 seconds later he raged on me and quit the match.

Anyone got the same experience as mine? 

164 posts
5,389 battles

Welcome to World of Warships where half the player base had been pink once :cap_book: (joke)

Anyway yeah, they just reworked the system lately and it's worse than before.

But if I recall back then if your torp hit a teammate, it's sure that you will turn pink as well.

Edited by ColonelRVH

3 posts
2,265 battles

2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Your thread isn't the first and it won't be the last.

The moral of this story is don't launch torps near friendlies.......ever.

It is not even close, I was liked 4 kilometers away from him and I alerted him before so he should understand. Anyway thanks for the advice. Well I guess this thing randomly happens

318 posts
10,387 battles

First time got pink? No worries, some of us here got more than once or twice....or more than that.

Well at lease u tell ur teamate the torps head to them, but 4 km distant is quite short. 

[LNA]
1,617 posts
10,244 battles

4km is CQC distance , and is not a safe clearance.

Heres my experience :

using 16.5km long range slam dunk  from Gearing , i launched a salvo into the cap from max distance , make sure no one is in the salvo line or should cross it.

Then a Khaba using speed boost run n gun from another cap cross the torp line , and bam ... i went pink.

Guess what , he was 8 km away from the launch line and was in another cap fight when i pop them and thought he wont cross over to my cap. But it didnt work that way. He run straight across pew pewing , get wrecked by 2 of them , spam shit on the chat and yeah i got reported.

Incidents like these arent rare , esp with quick feet ships that can cross large distance in a short amount of time. They can run across friendly torps that have no way of  knowing how to dodge.

If it is unintentional , and you apologize for it , dont mind it. You have apologized for your mistake. IF he spew hatred at you , screenshot it and say straight forward about it to customer service.

Edited by legionary2099

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,932 battles

Pink 3 times here.... and alllll from co-op games  -_-   AI be like, oooh torps launched 20km away...mmmmm gonna sail into them

1,114 posts

even CC won't get spare, he fully accuse that this new system is way toooooo sensitive

I got pink myself yesterday because game crash right after match finish loading and since game are at full screen and freeze entirely, I can't even open task manager to force end game

no choice but to force restart my PC and when I'm getting back into game ..... pink.....

these new system won't tolerate even an accident

[MEGA]
4,546 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

He literally deserves that one,you're not obliged to apologize to him

launching torps at point blank range at the most sluggish DD is not OK for any reason, even if he did say it in chat there's no guarantee that ppl will understand that here on asia

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I bet WG had some AI in the data storage. When someone is frequently getting pink'ed ... the player then will be monitored for it. Thousand players, millions of accidents, don't worry too much.

270 posts
3,940 battles

4km? your Aoba's torpedoes can do better than that. Also keep in mind that warning your allies can sometimes be ignored. Unless that Okhotnik have radar it probably miss. Remember that torpedoes can be detected from 1 to 2km. If you warned Okhotnik earlier, yes it will respond your waring but it didn't know where the torps will exactly pass. Either way i really hate the new penalty system it doesn't tolerate some player's accidents .

588 posts
2,994 battles
17 hours ago, Alcor_1 said:

This is my first post in this forum, nice to meet you all. 

So here is my experience, it is a simple match in my Aoba at Neighbors. At some point, me in Aoba, allied Bayern and allied Ohkhotnik was going to take down a soloing Kongo. This Ohkhotnik was behind an island waiting for Kongo to pass on. I launch my 1 salvo of torps and I yell on Radio on Ohkhotnik to "Get Back" and say on the chat ,"My torps are heading to your position, get the hell out."

He started moving forward and launch his torps, well for God's sake, he was moving towards my torps and BOOM.... I got penalty. 

20 seconds later he raged on me and quit the match.

Anyone got the same experience as mine? 

Welcome to the Forums - and I'm sorry :P 

General rule of thumb, don't fire torps when behind an allied ship, you can't account for there own situational awareness. 

Even tacking to the other side isn't a guarantee that you won't hit someone. If on the other hand your in a division with the player, you can communicate your attacks. 

196 posts
2,388 battles

One of the rules of gun safety also applies to torpedoes: "Know what can be hit other than the target".

The safest moment to launch torpedoes is when there's no one but enemies in the direction you intend to launch, and you do not expect allies heading there anytime soon. 

13 posts
6,157 battles

It's overly sensitive now, I'm getting pinged a lot lately for unsportsmanlike play because I'll be banging away in binocular view and some idiot will run right in front of me and cop a load of rounds that I'm trying to send downrange.  I got T-boned yesterday and pushed onto a boundary by an "ally" while firing, hey presto, I get a team killer penalty.

1,443 posts
1 hour ago, Jeffotherefo said:

It's overly sensitive now, I'm getting pinged a lot lately for unsportsmanlike play because I'll be banging away in binocular view and some idiot will run right in front of me and cop a load of rounds that I'm trying to send downrange.  I got T-boned yesterday and pushed onto a boundary by an "ally" while firing, hey presto, I get a team killer penalty.

Well, get your head out of binocular mode, & look around you before you fire, its your responsibility to look around you BEFORE you fire, not theirs... If you are shooting allies you deserve to be pink... Please be more map aware.

Ordrazz

293 posts
4,394 battles

Are we talking "hair trigger" sensitive, or "I care a lot" sensitive?

I have a suspicion that WG went and nerfed the blue-on-blue shot/torp damage the same way that blue-on-blue rams are nerfed. The other day an Omaha casually dumped 6 torps into the side of my Isokaze and I was still afloat after the fact. So he narrowly avoided getting the -1 auto-pink, though he might have been penalized anyway, I can't say - I've lost track of how the rules for that work. The point was he didn't kill me and by rights he should have.

158 posts
5,905 battles

I didn't get pink for team killing for a very long time now.

Usually, I don't risk torping when there is/are teammate(s) in anywhere along the line, unless I actually really have to do it or it's my division that I can warn first. You can't expect them to dodge or pay attention to where in particular friendly ships are torping. When you have to expects that, then it's a bad play. I got occasionally pink mostly due to my ISP being bad.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.71177df01ebc26d230bf3f37bbf134e5.png

Sometimes it's not only about torps, lol. :fish_aqua:

1,443 posts

A thing that I have seen more of lately, is when someone shoots off the torps (without looking first), then they warn someone to look out,  & then that someone always deliberately sails into them, just to spite the fool who shot them off, so instead of warning them, we should change it to " please drive into the torps I've just launched, & don't miss" , because you know that's what they'll do anyway...

Ordrazz

8 posts
2,589 battles

Its the norm. The exact same thing happen to me. Ive had a few team kills by accident so yes it happens. Since there is no way of distinguishing it as deliberate or accident, its a punishment by all means. So the lesson is to try to be 100% certain it wont hit a friendly by assessing all conditions and scenarios so there is no chance of accidents. Any risk involved can mean friendly fire.

Edited by AxEyBoI

907 posts
7,203 battles
18 hours ago, HeidimarieW said:

You can't expect them to dodge or pay attention to where in particular friendly ships are torping. When you have to expects that, then it's a bad play. 

Well, not looking, not listening to warnings and then running in friendly torps by some irrational manoeuvre, I would equally consider bad play.

907 posts
7,203 battles
10 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

Since there is no way of distinguishing it as deliberate or accident, its a punishment by all means. So the lesson is to try to be 100% certain it wont hit a friendly by assessing all conditions and scenarios so there is no chance of accidents. Any risk involved can mean friendly fire.

To see if a team kill was intended, WG would have to watch replays, and that’s not practical. So I agree that all team kills should be punished equally, simply because that is the only practical approach.

Another thought. There are various scenarios that could lead to a team kill: from carelessness to intention, from calculated risk to error.

I have hit friendlies with torps a couple times from KM BB’s or cruisers when I fired torps at an enemy in a close quarters battle and a torpedo that missed my target hit a friendly. In that situation, I find it difficult to look at the bigger picture.

The other big group is when a friendly suddenly changes direction, for no apparent reason, doesn’t react to warning and sails into friendly torps.

But I have also been torped by teammates when sitting in smoke.

I really wonder about spotting mechanics for friendly torps. I believe currently that the same spotting mechanic apply for friendly and enemy torps. Only the ships firing the torps can see the green markers all the way until the torps hit or die.

This could be easily changed to something similar ship spotting mechanism = torp spotting info is shared in the team. Not sure this could lead to information overload.

104 posts
8,973 battles
49 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Well, not looking, not listening to warnings and then running in friendly torps by some irrational manoeuvre, I would equally consider bad play.

I would wonder how you came to that conclusion when you later confessed to not being able to look at the bigger picture and claimed to have hit friendlies even with 6km torps. 

Edited by OtomeprincessTH

907 posts
7,203 battles
2 hours ago, OtomeprincessTH said:

I would wonder how you came to that conclusion when you later confessed to not being able to look at the bigger picture and claimed to have hit friendlies even with 6km torps. 

I really don't have time to explain that to you. Just read the two posts again and I'm sure you figure it out. Being Mr Smartypants, and all.