Sign in to follow this  
Davidbob22

Playing as Zuiho against a Bogue

9 comments in this topic

4 posts

Hello everyone, I guess I can proclaim myself as a newcomer as I just came back from a long break from Wows. 

My main concern is that Bogue has an air supremacy when 1squad vs the other, and we always try to find tactics to combat that, however, I've read people suggesting that you lure them into a cruiser, or a BB's AA radius. Although that seems like a good idea, I've tried that and it went horribly wrong for me three times!

My squads being destroyed and them leaving with at least 2-3 fighters left and if I remember correctly, our dogfight was at least 2-3 km away from a friendly cruiser or BB. My prominent moment was having a BB 2Km and a cruiser 4 away. Yet the enemy fighter still comes out alive.

Please, anyone, am I missing a bigger picture here? Now, I just play Bogue for the sake of my sanity, although having a variety on the warpath is preferred. 

I've had at least 6 CV battles. 

Edited by Davidbob22

58 posts
3,227 battles

just because you outnumber him in dogfight or have aa friend nearby still wont guarantee your win. if your fighters scouted before or went through other AA then theres possibility that your fighters already low on HP.

Top of that, Zuiho has tier 6 fighters. and better dpm than you. Plus a dogfight is RNG based so call it a bad luck. Tier 4 and 5 ships doesnt have that much of AA youre expecting. (except a texas division with you having 14 pts cpt).

Pls do check if you have upgrades on your bogue. if youre a newcomer you might have forgot to upgrade modules and mount extra upgrade that buffs plane.

4 posts
2 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

just because you outnumber him in dogfight or have aa friend nearby still wont guarantee your win. if your fighters scouted before or went through other AA then theres possibility that your fighters already low on HP.

Top of that, Zuiho has tier 6 fighters. and better dpm than you. Plus a dogfight is RNG based so call it a bad luck. Tier 4 and 5 ships doesnt have that much of AA youre expecting. (except a texas division with you having 14 pts cpt).

Pls do check if you have upgrades on your bogue. if youre a newcomer you might have forgot to upgrade modules and mount extra upgrade that buffs plane.

Just to reiterate, to be clear, I was using Zuiho against a Bogue and yeah, the explanation of Tier 4-5 ships lack AA makes sense. I did expect them to come out with less than 2-3 aircrafts, the last time I checked the stats, I remember them both having the same dpm, but different health with Zuiho fighters having more. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

I'm not in game atm so my memory of the mod is a little fuzzy, but it's something Mod 2 that I got from a super container.

So to sum it all up, Bogue has complete air supremacy unless you have a Texas, which happens to be close by or be surrounded by multiple ships with sufficient AA. 

Edited by Davidbob22

Super Tester
7,796 posts
8,043 battles

US Fighters have higher HP and high amount of ammunition. You need to put on every possible fighter buff you can. I'm guessing you do not have Air Superiority captain perk which is normal, so your next two bets would be to use the figher module (yah, do'n't equip the rearming module) and the clear sky fsignal (forgot actual name).

Then, gameplay wise, you have strike power over bogue, you need to juke his fighters. The key is, never fly over enemy ships at the beginning of the game, and spread out your strike packages to 1 TB and 1TB+1DB. Sometimes you just need to sacrifice your fighters to lock his fighers down and get through your strikes. Sometimes you bait him to follow you over friendly cruisers and battleships. If he knows what he is doing, then its not gonna be easy, you will lose planes. Accept it and try to deal as much damage as you can.

4 posts
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

US Fighters have higher HP and high amount of ammunition. You need to put on every possible fighter buff you can. I'm guessing you do not have Air Superiority captain perk which is normal, so your next two bets would be to use the figher module (yah, do'n't equip the rearming module) and the clear sky fsignal (forgot actual name).

Then, gameplay wise, you have strike power over bogue, you need to juke his fighters. The key is, never fly over enemy ships at the beginning of the game, and spread out your strike packages to 1 TB and 1TB+1DB. Sometimes you just need to sacrifice your fighters to lock his fighers down and get through your strikes. Sometimes you bait him to follow you over friendly cruisers and battleships. If he knows what he is doing, then its not gonna be easy, you will lose planes. Accept it and try to deal as much damage as you can.

My usual strat is to distract the fighter whilst my squad flies from the border to the Bogue, however, it's either my fighters get wrecked too quickly. The Bogue fighters then fly come to take out my torp/bomb squad where I lose at least one of my squad and dealing less than 2 torps into the Bogue plus less than 2 bomb hits. Plus, there is a higher chance for it to take out my entire squad of planes.

I'm being serious and not exaggerating, but my fighters did not last that long whilst dogfighting in a friendly AA radius. 

The only signal that I got that will assist me in a dogfight is November Echo Setteseven

Edited by Davidbob22

Super Tester
7,796 posts
8,043 battles
4 hours ago, Davidbob22 said:

My usual strat is to distract the fighter whilst my squad flies from the border to the Bogue, however, it's either my fighters get wrecked too quickly. The Bogue fighters then fly come to take out my torp/bomb squad where I lose at least one of my squad and dealing less than 2 torps into the Bogue plus less than 2 bomb hits. Plus, there is a higher chance for it to take out my entire squad of planes.

Trying to snipe enemy cv early on is a bad strategy, and highly discouraged. CVs plays on a timer, the more strike you can get off is better. That means, start by attacking enemy closest to you.

About that signal, that is correct. And as I said, you will lose fighter vs bogue. That's how it is. But you have to make up for it somewhere else.

AA is very RNG dependent. It is possible to lose all planes while under allied AA cover.

4 posts
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Trying to snipe enemy cv early on is a bad strategy, and highly discouraged. CVs plays on a timer, the more strike you can get off is better. That means, start by attacking enemy closest to you.

About that signal, that is correct. And as I said, you will lose fighter vs bogue. That's how it is. But you have to make up for it somewhere else.

AA is very RNG dependent. It is possible to lose all planes while under allied AA cover.

Alright, thanks. I'll try, but all I am thinking now is to sacrifice your whole fighter squadron and torp/bomb the nearest enemy then redo the whole thing again till you become defenseless. When I use to play it, strafing is a way to go, it was a nightmare but definitely put a balance between the two. Is strafing permanently removed or it's somewhere up the tiers? 

Super Tester
7,796 posts
8,043 battles
5 hours ago, Davidbob22 said:

Alright, thanks. I'll try, but all I am thinking now is to sacrifice your whole fighter squadron and torp/bomb the nearest enemy then redo the whole thing again till you become defenseless. When I use to play it, strafing is a way to go, it was a nightmare but definitely put a balance between the two. Is strafing permanently removed or it's somewhere up the tiers? 

Strafing removed only from tier 4 and tier 5. After that everything is as it was.

170 posts
3,901 battles
On 6/3/2018 at 10:43 PM, Davidbob22 said:

Strafing available from tier 6 onwards

Use your fighters as bait . Your victory not depends on how well you play but highly on how noob your enemy bogue is xD

Sign in to follow this