You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

The new EULA for ASIA

24 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,624 posts
10,256 battles

5.4 Ownership of Your Account. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR ACCOUNT, AND THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO YOUR ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF WARGAMING. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NO CLAIM, RIGHT, TITLE, OWNERSHIP, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY INTEREST IN THE ADDITIONAL FEATURES (AS DEFINED BELOW) THAT YOU UNLOCK OR ACCUMULATE, REGARDLESS OF ANY CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR SUCH ADDITIONAL FEATURES. FURTHERMORE, WARGAMING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE DESTRUCTION, DELETION, MODIFICATION, IMPAIRMENT, HACKING, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND CAUSED TO THE GAME CONTENT OR ADDITIONAL FEATURES, INCLUDING THE DELETION OF GAME CONTENT OR ADDITIONAL FEATURES UPON THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

9. Fan Websites

9.1 This section relates to any fan web site that you may create or operate regarding any of our Games or Resources (collectively, "Fansites," and each a "Fansite").

9.2 At some of our Sites we expressly designate certain Content, such as Wargaming game-related images, graphics or artwork and trade marks, as being "for fansite use". In this EULA we refer to this specifically designated Content as "Fansite Content".

9.3 Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Wargaming grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal, non-transferable and limited license to reproduce and display Fansite Content on Fansites owned and operated by you and solely for non-commercial purposes. This license is further conditional upon you complying with the following provisions:

9.3.1 you acknowledge and agree that Wargaming retains ownership of the Fansite Content, and any and all derivative works thereof, and has the right to amend, delete, add to or otherwise modify, or to revoke the foregoing license with respect to, any items of Fansite Content at any time;

9.3.2 you agree to include Wargaming's trade mark, copyright or other proprietary rights notices when displaying Fansite Content if we request you to do so and in the manner that we request you to do so;

9.3.3 you agree to comply with any usage guidelines that we may provide to you from time to time;

9.3.4 you shall not remove or alter any identifying information or copyright management information conveyed in connection with copies of Fansite Content, including in digital form, nor challenge Wargaming's ownership (or the ownership of any third party) of the Fansite Content;

9.3.5 you shall not use or adopt any trademarks that might be confusingly similar to any Fansite Content;

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

9.3.7 except as expressly permitted in this EULA, you shall not rent, lease, reproduce, modify, translate the Fansite Content, or make an adaptation of (including without limitation fiction or visual art), or in any way exploit, any of the Content without our express written permission; and

9.3.8 you must not make, or seek to make, any commercial use or profit out of the Fansite Content (including for example by selling subscriptions to your Fansite) without our prior written consent.

9.4 If you fail to comply with any of the terms set out in this section, we reserve the right to terminate your license over the Fansite Content and also to close your Account.

9.5 All goodwill arising from your use of Fansite Content, including from use of any trademarks owned by Wargaming, shall inure solely to the benefit of Wargaming.

10. User Generated Content

10.1 General. Some Resources permit you to create or upload content which you own, have created or otherwise have appropriate rights in (which we refer to in this EULA as "User Generated Content" or "UGC"). UGC includes, for example: Account personas, forum posts, chat posts, voice chat, messenger type features, profile content and any other content or materials contributed by users to, on, or through the Resources. If Wargaming believes that your use or uploading of UGC breaches any of the terms and conditions set forth herein, then Wargaming may remove, block, edit, move or disable such UGC at its sole discretion. If you contravene any of the terms and conditions herein, Wargaming reserves the right to suspend or permanently remove availability of your UGC and to take any other steps that we consider appropriate.

10.2 License Grant to Wargaming. By posting or publishing UGC, you grant Wargaming a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your UGC, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your UGC by Wargaming may be without any compensation paid to you.

10.3 License Grant to Other Users. By posting and sharing UGC on the Resources or otherwise with another user of the Resources, you hereby grant that user a non-exclusive license to access and use such UGC as permitted by this EULA and the functionality of the Resources.

10.4 You are solely responsible for your UGC and the consequences of posting or publishing UGC. By posting or publishing UGC on or through the Resources, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:

10.4.1 any part of the UGC which comprises or incorporates any of our intellectual property rights remains our property and, as between us and you, we own the UGC which you create that is a derivative work of our intellectual property rights;

10.4.2 you are the creator of or otherwise own the rights in the UGC that you make available to or through the Resources, or, for any UGC that is owned by a third party, you have the express authorization of such third party to upload such UGC to or through the Resources;

10.4.3 no item of UGC that you upload infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy or any other rights of anyone else or is illegal or breaches this EULA;

10.4.4 you waive and agree not to assert any moral rights or similar rights you may have in UGC;

10.4.5 you are solely responsible for your UGC, and acknowledge that Wargaming does not pre-screen any UGC and does not endorse, approve, or pre-screen any UGC that you and other users may contribute to Resources;

10.4.6 you must not in any way claim or suggest that any UGC is endorsed, supported by, or affiliated with us; and

10.4.7 Your use of the Resources or Content, including the UGC you upload, complies with all applicable laws and legislation and is not harmful, offensive, defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive, falsely representative of your persona, invasive of someone else’s privacy, illegal or likely to cause any reputational loss or embarrassment to Wargaming or its affiliates.

10.5 USERS OF THE RESOURCES CREATE, DOWNLOAD AND USE UGC AT THEIR OWN RISK. WE ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO EDIT OR CONTROL UGC THAT YOU OR OTHER USERS POST OR PUBLISH, AND WILL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UGC. WARGAMING MAY, HOWEVER, AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, SCREEN, REMOVE, EDIT, OR BLOCK ANY UGC THAT AT OUR SOLE JUDGMENT VIOLATES THIS EULA OR IS OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN USING THE RESOURCES YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO UGC FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UGC MAY BE INACCURATE, OFFENSIVE, INDECENT OR OBJECTIONABLE. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND DO HEREBY WAIVE, ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS OR REMEDIES YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE AGAINST WARGAMING WITH RESPECT TO UGC. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH UGC. IF NOTIFIED BY A USER OR CONTENT OWNER THAT UGC ALLEGEDLY DOES NOT CONFORM TO THIS EULA, WE MAY INVESTIGATE THE ALLEGATION AND DETERMINE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION WHETHER TO REMOVE THE UGC, WHICH WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DO AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE. FOR CLARITY, WARGAMING DOES NOT PERMIT COPYRIGHT-INFRINGING ACTIVITIES ON THE RESOURCES.
TL;DR ( The one you should take note about WG) :
You dont own what you buy.

My law state that i own access right that i buy , i may share/buy/sell that again. The law in Viet Nam allow that.

They can change/delete your stuffs as they see fit , including everything you have. Premiums ? Now they can nerf it , but also remove it as they see fit and dont have to compensate ,because in the EULA they dont state it.

Your comment belong to WG ( i call this BS , you reserve the right by laws and take responsibility for it). I DONT WANT WG to use my comment for anything other than researching and marketing, if they so want to use it for something else , like quoting or posting , they need my permission. My comment is first and foremost and explicit agreement and trading communication between me and the company , i have the right to stop you as side B from using it.

Fansite got shut down because well , they need ads to keep the site afloat.

WG can disclaim and use our information in our account as they see fit ( they own the stuff)

129 posts

compared to game publisher in my country, WG is actually more honest. it announce of change in EULA and tell you the unpleasant word.

the good side, WG is able to nerf premium sheep that become OP because wrongdoing. its time to nerf those pesky Lo Yang and Saipan.

remember, in online game you never own anything lol. YOU JUST BORROW IT :V

so if you spent $1000 on buying sheep, you actually just borrow a sheep until this game closed.

just be honest here, i am also dont like the EULA full of bullsheet like that. come on..... NO COMPENSATION for premium deletion and nerf??

i hope WG dont introduce OP OP Prem sheep, only to nerf it after reach certain sales. its like repeating mistake of some popular game in my country. 

imagine, from more than +1.5million active player..... into barely 3K~5K that half of it doing AFK the rest is just mindless "GB".

what a waste of potential......

but since no one care, and we dont have choice..... well.... i am already getting used to it. i can abandon my fully build char and just simply jump to another balanced not P2W game.

1,280 posts
8,576 battles
2 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

remember, in online game you never own anything lol. YOU JUST BORROW IT :V

so if you spent $1000 on buying sheep, you actually just borrow a sheep until this game closed.

Basically this.

I am not buying ships, but merely leasing them from WG. Never truly owned any of them.

But I too am not happy that they can totally remove Premiums without compensation. Give us a gold refund at the very least.

Edited by Thyaliad

1,386 posts
8,094 battles

Nothing out of the ordinary IMO. The EULA change was to comply with EU GPDR and the changes were to specify how the company treats user data. Thus the account ownership thing should not be subject to change.

And let’s take this scenario, a notorious AFKer got his account banned. Now if this account was actually "his", by which I mean he actually has the legal ownership of the account, then WG's action would be illegal. But since WG legally owns the account, they can ban it without facing potential legal consequences.

IMO WG is treating user accounts well, punishments are evidence-based, and IMO even a bit on the conservative side. And the service quality is good. So be a good player, respect the rules and your account will be safe.

TLDR: the account is yours to use, but WG (like every other game publisher) has the killer switch

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

40 posts

I think this is a knee jerk reaction to whats happening over in WOT. On the other hand I don't think EULA would float in most courts. The ACCC here in Australia fined steam $3 million in penalties for misrepresenting gamers' consumer guarantee rights. 

So whats happening over in WOT; here are a couple of vids to give some insight :cap_popcorn:

Makes sense that WOWS players will suffer the same fate when their premium ships get nerfed, hence the new damage control EULA.

Edited by graphite_
spelling correction

1,444 posts

I don't want my Nikolai or Konig-Albert nerfed.... I give WG money when I see a ship I like, I'm not just handing it over to them for free.... If they do this, then they would have to put a clause in saying "

WarGaming acknowledges that all monies paid to it from parties wishing to acquire premium content, will be treated as a loan basis from said parties to WarGaming,  in order for continued operation of the company, & recognises that all monies remain the property of said parties, however in a case where said premium content is altered or removed, WarGaming will return monies received, with additional compensation, to said parties, who paid monies in good faith, on the belief that no such alteration of premium content would occur.

This is what they should add to that EULA !!

:cap_viking::Smile_izmena:

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,779 posts
4,027 battles

Just remember that the Aus EULA is different to the rest of the Asia region.   If anyone can work their way through Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) (Cth) and work it out then let me know.

I spend a fairly large proportion of my time interpreting law and I cant work my way around that act.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

1,062 posts
3,824 battles

Had a look in the WoT forum,there is a discussion going on over there as well:

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/80707-new-wg-eula-coming-15th-june-2018/#topmost

It seems Aussie and NZ laws may override some of what WG is trying to get away with there.

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

Disparaging material? WG,if you keep your foot out of mouth then you wouldn't cop so much backlash!

208 posts
11,031 battles
On 6/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Ordrazz said:

I don't want my Nikolai or Konig-Albert nerfed.... I give WG money when I see a ship I like, I'm not just handing it over to them for free.... If they do this, then they would have to put a clause in saying "

WarGaming acknowledges that all monies paid to it from parties wishing to acquire premium content, will be treated as a loan basis from said parties to WarGaming,  in order for continued operation of the company, & recognises that all monies remain the property of said parties, however in a case where said premium content is altered or removed, WarGaming will return monies received, with additional compensation, to said parties, who paid monies in good faith, on the belief that no such alteration of premium content would occur.

Ordrazz

Haha. No. They are just toeing the line of every other f2p games by taking back everything you think you own/paid and turn it into access with killer switch without legal reparations.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,932 battles
On 03/06/2018 at 12:41 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Just remember that the Aus EULA is different to the rest of the Asia region.   If anyone can work their way through Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) (Cth) and work it out then let me know.

I spend a fairly large proportion of my time interpreting law and I cant work my way around that act.

It's Brannigans Law

Beta Tester
904 posts

I dont think ill be buying anything else from WG now. In fact i have started to play fortnite. 

WoWS is too heavy on RNG. Might as well play a skilled based game instead. 

Super Tester
7,386 posts
7,907 battles

That's not new, it has always been like this, one way or another, just like most other F2P games. This allows the game publisher / owner to take *seemingly* legal actions against you when you break rules as those will not be handled by local law enforcement authorities, and WG cannot do anything if they don't have ownership.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,548 posts
17,296 battles
On ‎2018‎年‎6‎月‎3‎日 at 9:30 AM, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

haha, no

people whining about having OP ships is fine and threatening WG over changing them is the exact reason mid tiers are toxic as hell now, high tiers is a entirely different can of worms

I for one own and owned most of the OP ships and I have no problem with WG nerfing them, in terms of balance, the snail next door does a far better job of keeping their game nice and enjoyable

197 posts
2,469 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

That's not new, it has always been like this, one way or another, just like most other F2P games. This allows the game publisher / owner to take *seemingly* legal actions against you when you break rules as those will not be handled by local law enforcement authorities, and WG cannot do anything if they don't have ownership.

Judging by the shitstorm that erupted in the NA and Asian forums of World of Tanks over this, I'm not sure if anyone other than me, icy_phoenix and a bunch of other people get what this quote means.

I'm quite sure criticising WG is fine, and matter-of-fact I've seen companies that are worse than WG when handling criticism (most infamously EA, where I read that they banned people who pointed out that the always online requirement of SimCity 2013 was faulty, even if they were being perfectly civil about it). Lert here from the NA server says it best (its from the Graf Zeppelin fiasco era which means 6 months before I set foot here):

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/134780-premium-ship-review-graf-zeppelin/?do=findComment&comment=3245566.

Civil criticism people. I'm quite sure you're less willing to listen to someone who is ranting, cursing, and swearing than someone who worded their criticism fairly, even if the former has a better point. It's the same with WG.

5 hours ago, drakon233 said:

haha, no

people whining about having OP ships is fine and threatening WG over changing them is the exact reason mid tiers are toxic as hell now, high tiers is a entirely different can of worms

I for one own and owned most of the OP ships and I have no problem with WG nerfing them, in terms of balance, the snail next door does a far better job of keeping their game nice and enjoyable

That explains why I never saw you ever since that game back then when I was still an idiot in the Graf Spee):Smile_teethhappy:

As for OP ships being nerfed, I'm fine with that. I do not encounter these ships often enough for the OP-ness to really matter, and as much as "WG" and "balance" don't mix these days, giving WG the option to finally nerf them (and potentially bring them back to sale if that happens) without fearing excessive consumer backlash would be beneficial in terms of balancing premium ships so the whole debacle with not selling OP ships anymore like Belfast, Kutuzov, Imperator Nikolai 1, Konig Albert, Kamikaze triplets and Gremyaschy would be avoidable entirely. I don't want to see another premium join the "not going to be sold again list" even if there's a good reason to do so (Missouri, I'm looking at you).

[MEGA]
4,548 posts
17,296 battles
Just now, TD1 said:

That explains why I never saw you ever since that game back then when I was still an idiot in the Graf Spee):Smile_teethhappy:

As for OP ships being nerfed, I'm fine with that. I do not encounter these ships often enough for the OP-ness to really matter, and as much as "WG" and "balance" don't mix these days, giving WG the option to finally nerf them (and potentially bring them back to sale if that happens) without fearing excessive consumer backlash would be beneficial in terms of balancing premium ships so the whole debacle with not selling OP ships anymore like Belfast, Kutuzov, Imperator Nikolai 1, Konig Albert, Kamikaze triplets and Gremyaschy would be avoidable entirely. I don't want to see another premium join the "not going to be sold again list" even if there's a good reason to do so (Missouri, I'm looking at you).

to be honest, apart from some personal issues I have with some members of this community,  I'm simply burnt out of this game and you probably wont see me back in the game for the foreseeable future since playing it does not give me fun or enjoyment anymore 

588 posts
2,995 battles

Please note: I am not a lawyer, but a commercial law friend has provided me this from the Australian Law Institute. 

Document Overview

It is important to clearly set out the rights and limitations of the user regarding your software. An End User License Agreement sets out the prohibited boundaries of uses, and also states the instances where liability will be limited and when the user would indemnify you against any loss or liability.

Use this End User License Agreement if:

• You developed software or are selling software, and offering it for download and use.

What does the End User License Agreement cover?

• License grant;
  • Limitations on use;
  • Limitations on transfer;
  • Limitations on derived work;
  • Limitations on alteration;
  • Limitations on copying;
  • Warranties and exclusions;
  • Limitation of liability and remedies;
  • Licensee indemnity; and
  • Termination

Other names for End User License Agreement include:

• EULA;
  • End User Licence Contract; and
  • End User Agreeement.

What’s the difference between an End User License Agreement and Terms and Conditions?

A End User License Agreement (EULA) is generally used for software apps, the licence allowing users to work with your software under the terms of use.

Terms and Conditions is what manages the user’s behaviour when utilising the website or app service, placing restrictions on the types of behaviour displayed when on the service.

I am developing an app. Will I need an End User License Agreement?

Yes. Usually if the app is developed with a single platform such as Apple, then their end of user license agreement (if you see fit) would be applied to your app. However, if your app is developed for multiple platforms it is recommended to have a personalised App EULA. This will protect developers from potential harm.

How can I ensure that my EULA is legally binding?

EULAs are legally binding when the terms and content of the agreement are displayed to the user, only permitting usage of the service or product after an agreement is formed. This usually occurs when the user clicks ‘Agree’ to proceed on the software. To ensure that your EULA is legally binding, do not provide the service and product to the user without them agreeing to the EULA contract.

What are my rights if someone breaks the terms of my EULA?

If your EULA is authorised by law, you are entitled to hold that user liable to breach of terms and contract.

Does a End User License Agreement Protect the rights of my consumer?

The End User License Agreement can protect consumer rights when the terms are legally binding. You must ensure that your terms are within legal proximities of the federal law. Further consultation with legal professionals is advised.

And this from his own legal firm website

A technology licence agreement and an EULA will have different terms and purposes.  A general technology licence agreement is not going to cut it when the parties need an EULA.

For those who deal with these agreements, they will know that general technology licenses and EULAs differ as technology licenses are generally one-off agreements between relatively equal parties which grant broad rights.  By comparison, an EULA is a standard form agreement (often implemented by way of “click-wrap”, e.g. a display with an “I agree” button during installation) with a narrow grant of rights to all persons that may use the software to the extent necessary for the software to be used.  For example, EULA’s typically restrict the licensee’s right to copy, redistribute or modify the software and normally do not grant access to software’s source code.

It is important to remember that the EULA is designed to protect the software developers’ investment in the software by preventing third parties from effectively “stealing” the software’s monetary value without authorisation.  This monetary value is based on the intellectual property that is contained in the software.

The end users, on the other hand, are most interested in the products and, in particular, the security, reliability, useability and the total cost.

An EULA may also include conditions on how the software may be used. This is important for developers as they cannot predict (or test for) every particular circumstance in which the software may be used, and may commercially need to include a disclaimer on liability to carve out those exceptional circumstances, or a restraint based on the developer’s need to comply with its local laws (e.g. export controls).  End users must also be aware of the conditions on their use of the software and any exclusions.

Therefore, when negotiating or drafting agreements, it is sometimes hard to balance these different concerns (which may vary depending on the functionality of the software) and a tailored EULA is often required.

Further, if you are a developer of an app available on Apple’s App store, then a tailored EULA is better than relying on Apple’s generic EULA.  Apple’s EULA may not cover off on important Australian law requirements and may be unenforceable.  The same Australian law concerns will arise if you are dealing with a foreign company and the agreement needs to be looked at carefully.

We are not avoiding the question altogether though. The following are some the sorts of clauses that you do need to consider when an EULA is being drafted:

• Does the licensor take responsibility for the software?
  • Does the licensor provide full or any partial support or training to the user?
  • Does the EULA include installation?  And acceptance testing?
  • Does the EULA include the provision for updates and releases?  And what happens if the user refuses an update / new release?
  • Is there a refundable trial period?
  • Is the license fee one off or periodic?
  • How is the fee to be paid?
  • Does the licensor take responsibility for guarantees or warranties?
  • What is the limitation of liability for the software?  Most of the time, but not always, it is limited to a refund of the price paid for the software if it fails.  However, it is critical that this clause does not try to limit liability beyond what is allowed under Australian legislation / law.
  • Who takes the responsibility for what if there is an infringement of intellectual property by a third party?
  • What is the dispute resolution procedure?
  • What is the governing law or the EULA?
  • What are the addresses for service of the notices?
  • How is the agreement to be executed?

However, bear in mind that an IT lawyer can assist you in drafting a tailored EULA that is more likely to hit the mark and be enforceable when it really counts.  If you have at least thought about the issues identified above, you are much more likely to give us good instructions so we can draft the EULA that you are after.

588 posts
2,995 battles
On 03/06/2018 at 12:00 PM, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

Yeah Ordrazz, that's not how it works nor what you agree to - 

We've specifically given permission to war gaming to make changes to keep the health of the game stable, this can and will includes nerfs to ships amongst a heap of other things. 

See the following Clause in the EULA for all wargaming games 

7. Patches, Updates and Changes

7.1 From time to time, we may need to:

• (a) deploy or provide patches, updates, additional content or other modifications to the Game (for example to enhance online gameplay, to add new features or to resolve software bugs); and
  • (b) remove or suspend access to particular features, content or other parts of the Game.

7.2 We need to take the actions referred to in section 7.1 automatically in order to keep the Game running efficiently. It is therefore not practicable to ask for your approval or even to notify you before we take these actions and you confirm that you consent to us taking these actions without your prior approval and without any prior notice.

1,280 posts
8,576 battles
22 hours ago, TD1 said:

Judging by the shitstorm that erupted in the NA and Asian forums of World of Tanks over this, I'm not sure if anyone other than me, icy_phoenix and a bunch of other people get what this quote means.

Well to be fair to the WoT players, they just had a shitstorm of their own over the Preferential Premium tanks issue.

So understably a lot of WoT players are extremely unhappy with WG right now. This EULA thing couldn't have come at a worse possible time for WoT.

It brings back memories of the SirFoch incident last year.

Edited by Thyaliad

197 posts
2,469 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Well to be fair to the WoT players, they just had a shitstorm of their own over the Preferential Premium tanks issue.

So understably a lot of WoT players are extremely unhappy with WG right now. This EULA thing couldn't have come at a worse possible time for WoT.

It brings back memories of the SirFoch incident last year.

This would be agreeable, but from my 5-year experience, just about everything about WOT has been complained about. Matchmaking (nothing new here), Premium Tanks perceived as overpowered, premium ammo, pretty much everything. I've not seen that level of complaining in World of Warships' fanbase. If you want to look at a company that handles complaints even worse than WG, see EA. Especially the 2013 SimCity. 

It seems less genuine complaining and just being a really ungrateful douche-bag to me. I've also made my stance on the SirFoch incident clear in this thread.

Edited by TD1

208 posts
11,031 battles
9 hours ago, TD1 said:

It seems less genuine complaining and just being a really ungrateful douche-bag to me

Pretty normal for the ppl to complain tbh and the usual difference it is the level of political correctness involved in it. The thing about political correctness is honesty or lack there of which imo is one of the most important aspects of running a business. Unless cursing is someone habitual, it shows an extreme displeasure due to the failure in political correctness maneuvers. There was a saying that those who curse have more honest tendencies or something around those lines.

I highly doubt EULA's Section 9 "Fansite" is could stand up in court though if it comes to it.

1,444 posts

here comes the force, warships just updated its new EULA... gotta click accept to be able to play the ships that you pay for yet dont own anymore or have any rights to......  i reiterate my proposed addendum to the EULA for consideration....

they should make this a clause, since they want to become heavy handed to us poor players, who support this company financially

" WarGaming acknowledges that all monies paid to it from parties wishing to acquire premium content, will be treated as a loan basis from said parties to WarGaming,  in order for continued operation of the company, & recognises that all monies remain the property of said parties, however in a case where said premium content is altered or removed, WarGaming will return monies received, with additional compensation, to said parties, who paid monies in good faith, on the belief that no such alteration of premium content would occur. "

companies shouldnt be so heavy handed with customers who support them.....

may the force be against with you

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

197 posts
2,469 battles
8 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

here comes the force, warships just updated its new EULA... gotta click accept to be able to play the ships that you pay for yet dont own anymore or have any rights to......  i reiterate my proposed addendum to the EULA for consideration....

they should make this a clause, since they want to become heavy handed to us poor players, who support this company financially

" WarGaming acknowledges that all monies paid to it from parties wishing to acquire premium content, will be treated as a loan basis from said parties to WarGaming,  in order for continued operation of the company, & recognises that all monies remain the property of said parties, however in a case where said premium content is altered or removed, WarGaming will return monies received, with additional compensation, to said parties, who paid monies in good faith, on the belief that no such alteration of premium content would occur. "

companies shouldnt be so heavy handed with customers who support them.....

may the force be against with you

Ordrazz

How is WG doing what literally every other company providing f2p content out there doing heavy handed?