You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Asian_noone

Should I get Moskva or Kronshtadt?

13 comments in this topic

31 posts
2,875 battles

Moskva:

+ Laser railguns

+ Good AP and HE with good reload

+ 50 mm plating to troll most CA HE and BB AP with

- Permaspotted by Yamatos

- Tall citadel

- 1km turning radius

- Expensive to run (I already got permacamo for Zao I'm not buying another one)

Kronshtadt:

+ Huge health pool

+ High caliber railguns

+ Waterline citadel

+ More decent concealment

+ T9 premium, therefore cheaper to run and likelier to turn a profit

- Overmatchable plating and citadel roof

- Dispersion of a BB

- HE is not good enough for the reload

- AP has long fuse time that risks overpens on CAs

- 750k FXP and I'm only 10th of the way there

I'm just looking for a big Russian ship while I wait for the RU BBs.

Stalingrad might make this question moot depending on what the alternative non-CW requirements are if any and the final stats on that ship.

I am currently at Chapayev for the grind.

310 posts
6,748 battles

As much as i like the Kronshtadt, i feel that the 750k FXP is quite a lot, providing your just collecting it because you have all the ships you want already. 

26 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

Why not both?

Its a win-win for u. 

^^

Pretty much this. Grind the Soviet line to get the Moskva and also save the FXP from your grind. Whatever you don't have (and your able to) just convert with doubloons if you cannot wait, if you can wait then just convert when there is a Doubloon special rate going on.

454 posts
7,314 battles
8 minutes ago, ellofiend said:

oi, my meme

Sorry mate. When I saw the question the OP was asking this old TV commercial came straight into mind. :Smile_teethhappy:

31 posts
2,875 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

thZMYMQVYY.jpg.3d4023ccb7a23b2cabd075dbca446140.jpg

Okay since it’s gonna take a while, but what I really want is an evaluation of how they perform from people who have Moskva and Kronshtadt (I will play the range game if I must but I don’t like being a static sniper). I may get both but that doesn’t mean I’d KEEP both.

Again Stalingrad could make this all moot depending on her final state and if alternative non-CW requirements exist and are feasible. 

454 posts
7,314 battles
1 hour ago, Asian_noone said:

Okay since it’s gonna take a while, but what I really want is an evaluation of how they perform from people who have Moskva and Kronshtadt (I will play the range game if I must but I don’t like being a static sniper). I may get both but that doesn’t mean I’d KEEP both.

Again Stalingrad could make this all moot depending on her final state and if alternative non-CW requirements exist and are feasible. 

The fact that it is going to take a while is my point. Having goals in WOWS is a good thing. It keeps you focused and gives you something to aim for and hopefully enjoying the game.

If you enjoy the Russian cruiser line and are getting good games with them then stick with it. You will be earning FXP as you are playing anyway. You can always convert some FXP when they have a discount on FXP conversion if you so choose anyway.

I grabbed Kronshtadt the moment she was available. I had 2.3 Million FXP sitting around doing nothing. I already had both Missouri and Nelson so knew the economy for this ship would be great and it is. I already had Yamato (which was my original goal in WOWS) so I didn't bother with the Musashi.

Honestly I don't have enough games in her yet to give a more detailed run down of how she performs. But only my second game in her completely stock in co-op I got over 184k damage and 3 kills and carried the game for a win. Her top speed is ok. She is quite nimble for a big ship and I find her pretty responsive to rudder inputs but she does had a BB size turning circle. Guns are very fast with good AP and poor but useable HE. Since that 185k game though I have struggled with over pens after over pens. Even at longer ranges over pens do occur often. Reminds me of Roma in this regard. Angled she can be tanky with that good belt armour and that big HP pool, but taking hits to the bow and stern with only 25mm plating means you rarely are on anything close to full HP when someone takes a strong interest in you. 16.3 second reload with the main gun reload upgrade fitted which is very nice. AA is weak but way better than Musashi and you get Def AA consumable. Overall I like the ship, she is fun to play and I will only get better the more games I have in her.

As you say Stalingrad may change your decision of what to go for. 32mm bow/stern plating make a huge difference in game. We will have to see what WG do with her regarding the final release version and the cost in coal or whatever it will be for the average non CW player.

FYI If you do end up getting both Moskva and Kronshtadt, but decide not to keep both, I would strongly recommend selling Moskva and not Kronshtadt. Spending 750k FXP plus 1 credit to get her and then selling her for 1 credit is a bad idea. For FXP ships you do not get the ship value in credits when you sell them. You only get back what it cost to buy which is 1 credit.

Seems WG don't even want to give me my 1 credit back!

kronshtadt.thumb.png.85c82a859324541aba1c1ff3203f53df.png

Edited by HobartAWD

898 posts
7,173 battles
8 hours ago, Asian_noone said:

Moskva

8 hours ago, Asian_noone said:

Kronshtadt:

Looks like you put all the characteristics/differences on the table, how is anyone supposed to know what is the better choice for you?

381 posts
9,887 battles

Bought Kronshtadt on release and honestly I prefer Moskva so far due to its better accuracy. Kronshtadt guns feel too inconsistent in potentially game-changing situations for me. The penetration value is too high, plus the BB dispersion means that unless the shells luckily fall directly into the citadel, all you will see is 3-4x overpen for like 4k damage. I've encountered so many broadsiding cruisers that could have been outright annihilated by a well placed salvo of Baltimore/Roon but received pitiful damage from Kronshtadt. Not having the ability to overmatch most t8-10 cruisers is also a liability when you have to take risk and make play on some occasions.

On the bright side, Kronshtadts is tanky af in reality despite its 25mm plating. The citadel roof also looks thin but I haven't received any unexpected citadel from that angle so far so I guess it isn't that much of a weakness. 

[AUSRP]
9 posts
6,450 battles

I rate moskvas better ship , more of a tactical weapon .

Kronshdatd is a heavy cruiser with bb guns and bb dispersion , in close is a devastating machine . At range use he or if enemy is broadside use so

I have both but rate kron cheaper to use and get mm with t7 ships .

Moskvas reign is always t8 to t10 games . She has ultra good guns with great reload and can bounce most shells while in the shootout

1st post hello 

Kind regards Raider