You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Isn't ship render time supposed to be fixed?

10 comments in this topic

2,176 posts
13,504 battles

Enemy ships still render slowly. Isn't this supposed to be fixed now?

They used to render fast for me.

My allies see the enemy and fire before I see the boat that I'm spotting :Smile_amazed:

2,176 posts
13,504 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Yep, takes forever before you can target that ship too. Very frustrating at times.

I could handle that if it was even. Problem is it doesn't appear to be.

I have an excellent PC and used to be able to see ships instantly, so the possibility for it to happen is there.

What's getting me is that it doesn't appear to be the same for everybody. I see my allies fire on a target before he renders on my screen. I don't believe that a 100ms avg ping (vs 30ms) can account for the delay.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,932 battles

It is annoying. I see a ship on map, I look in the direction....wait....wait...wait... they pop in AAAAND already disappeared again or behind an island.

>.< Damnit! I could have deleted you, but the game's wonky rendering just saved your bacon.

314 posts
6,818 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

I could handle that if it was even. Problem is it doesn't appear to be.

I have an excellent PC and used to be able to see ships instantly, so the possibility for it to happen is there.

What's getting me is that it doesn't appear to be the same for everybody. I see my allies fire on a target before he renders on my screen. I don't believe that a 100ms avg ping (vs 30ms) can account for the delay.

From memory i think it happen worse the further away the target is. 

Super Tester
7,386 posts
7,899 battles

They decided not to fix it, and went on sugar coating it. Now they appear at the same time at minimap too. That means, instead of making it quicker, they slowed down both.

2,176 posts
13,504 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

They decided not to fix it, and went on sugar coating it. Now they appear at the same time at minimap too. That means, instead of making it quicker, they slowed down both.

Mine don't. They appear after showing on the minimap. But I reiterate, it appears my allies can see them because they start firing. And I am certain it's not blind firing at the minimap, but that the ships have rendered for them.