You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Tier II Detected Q

6 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,448 battles

I have the V-25 and whilst in battle I never once got the detected warning even though I had been detected (the other ships were shooting at me) I transferred and re skilled my Konigsberb captain for this.

I thought this came with all ships captains, or an I wrong?

580 posts
7,448 battles

It might be blind firing(either they saw you smoke and tryna hit you )or just typical low tier "shoot your ammo for fun"

Edited by Gummilicious

956 posts
4,414 battles

As above.

Yes all have detected skill.

If you run into pro players in lower tiers, they may have RDF so they'll get a rough 'band' telling them where the nearest enemy is, this can aid with accuracy of blind firing.

Personally if I was clubbing this hard I wouldn't randomly fire unless there was a good reason, ie:

- enemy is 1-shot

- need to reset cap to win

- better than 25% chance to hit

- to bait enemy ships into revealing themselves for a reason like needing a kill to win.

The other possibility is that you were detected briefly, which can happen and often a good player can predict where you'll be off that brief appearance on the Minimap.

Most 'good' players drive via Minimap, as it provides better information with regards to situational awareness.

Edited by S4pp3R

907 posts
7,203 battles
22 hours ago, charcoal44 said:

I thought this came with all ships captains

<<Formerly a commander skill, Situational Awareness is now a standard feature of the game. When you are detected by an enemy there will be an icon informing you of the fact. It will also show the type of detection:

1.    By Hydroacoustic Search or Surveillance Radar

2.    Visual/proximity by sea

3.    By air

4.    Radio Position Finding

If you are detected by multiple means only the highest in the list will be displayed.>>

The Priority Target captain skill will tell you how many ships aim at you, but even without it you will always know when you are spotted.

Maybe an idea to read the full article.

When you are not detected (any of the four above), but are hit by shells, someone is shooting blind. Some player are fairly good at that and if their blind-firing is fairly accurate, you get the impression you are spotted.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles
On 5/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, charcoal44 said:

I have the V-25 and whilst in battle I never once got the detected warning even though I had been detected (the other ships were shooting at me) I transferred and re skilled my Konigsberb captain for this.

I thought this came with all ships captains, or an I wrong?

May be there was a detected warning, but you have missed it in the heat of the battle. V25 has very close detection range, 4.8 km with concealment expert and camouflage if I recall correctly. Not unusual that you don't get detected very often.

However, just in case you are mixing it with the priority target skill, that gives you the counter of how many ships have you aim-locked, that skill won't work if you captain is in retraining.

13 posts
6,157 battles
On 5/30/2018 at 12:12 PM, PeterMoe1963 said:

<<Formerly a commander skill, Situational Awareness is now a standard feature of the game. When you are detected by an enemy there will be an icon informing you of the fact. It will also show the type of detection:

1.    By Hydroacoustic Search or Surveillance Radar

2.    Visual/proximity by sea

3.    By air

4.    Radio Position Finding

If you are detected by multiple means only the highest in the list will be displayed.>>

The Priority Target captain skill will tell you how many ships aim at you, but even without it you will always know when you are spotted.

Maybe an idea to read the full article.

When you are not detected (any of the four above), but are hit by shells, someone is shooting blind. Some player are fairly good at that and if their blind-firing is fairly accurate, you get the impression you are spotted.

I frequently sink guys with blind fire.

I've found sometimes, don't laugh, that it's actually better not to watch where your shot lands. I frequently get better results if I don't.  Fire and forget, if you will.

I frequently get that thing too where, just as your guns finally train around to the target, you lose sight/track of them.  I'll "project" based on last sighting and fire off a salvo.  Frequently hits, frequently get more citadels and one time in five or ten, boom, sink them.