Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CompassRose72

[0.7.11.1] Compass Rose Anime Skins (UK Ships)

6 comments in this topic

Modder
45 posts
304 battles

Xz8ehB4.png

Updated November 26th, 2018 for version 0.7.11.1

Since early September of 2017, I've been making skins with an anime theme to them.  As the skins started to pile up, I realized it would be better if I segmented them by nation before the main thread got out of control.  With the release of 0.7.5 on the horizon, I wanted to start by re-posting the skins I've done for the UK tech tree.  I'll post the download link below with the release of 7.5, and as I continue to make skins for the UK line I'll continually update the thread.

You can follow me, as well as @SwedishFox on our discord server:  https://discord.gg/z58ByKX

UK Ship Bundle Zip file:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/nh7csg98jjsz05b/CR_ShipBundle_UK.zip/file

**  Make sure to unzip the file directly to the res_mods\0.7.11.1 directory

Also, with the 0.7.9.0 update and beyond, it is better to start with a blank res_mods\0.7.11.1 folder as the changes to the file structure on the client end were significant.  Old mods and ship textures will likely crash your client.

• Contains the ships themselves that I've completed
  • All textures related to the UK tech tree.  From catapults to range finders, they're all in there.
  • All ship preview icons for the UK tech tree

Alternative Texture file:    http://www.mediafire.com/file/lvh6zn8fh3qwf4n/CR_Alternative_Textures_UK.zip/file

• In cases where multiple ships share a common main gun texture, I've provided alternatives that better match the ships involved.  You can swap them according to your personal preference.

Below is a running list of ships I've completed, and things I've started to work on.  As I've done since the beginning, I'll keep this original post updated as frequently as I can, so you can use it as a one-stop shop for all the work I've done.  If you're interested in pics, then by all means comb through the thread and have a closer look.

If you have a favorite ship you want skinned, or a particular anime you want represented then don't hesitate to post your request.

British Battleship Line

Tier 3 Bellerophon -- Rider (Fate / Stay Night)  Completed October 16th, 2017

Tier 4 Orion -- Cecilia Alcott 'Infinite Stratos'  Completed November 29th, 2017

Tier 5 Iron Duke -- Princess Principal  Completed September 4th, 2017

Tier 6 Queen Elizabeth -- Sattelizer el Bridget (Freezing)  Completed October 13th, 2017

Tier 7 King George V -- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash  Completed October 10th, 2017

Tier 8 Monarch -- Lilith Bristol (Absolute Duo)  Completed September 6th, 2017

Tier 9 Lion -- Saber (Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works)  Completed September 18th, 2017

Tier 10 Conqueror -- Milinda Brantini (Heavy Object)  Completed September 13th, 2017

British Cruiser Line

Tier 7 (Premium) Belfast -- 'Azur Lane' Belfast  Completed May 8th 2018

Tier 8 Edinburgh -- 'Azur lane' Edinburgh  Completed May 7th, 2018

Tier 9 -- Neptune -- Neptune from the Azur Lane / Hyperdimension Neptunia Collaboration  Completed February 27th, 2018

Tier 10 -- Minotaur --  Dan Machi (Familia Myth)  Completed October 7th, 2017

British Destroyers (Includes Commonwealth ships)  Release date to be determined

Tier 2 Medea -- Caster Lily from 'Fate/Grand Order'  Completed August 19th, 2018

Tier 3 Valkyrie -- Sashou Urara from 'Valkyrie Drive - Siren'  Completed August 18th, 2018

Tier 3  Vampire -- Vampire from 'Azur Lane'  Completed December 16th, 2017

Tier 4 Wakeful -- Welrod MK2 from 'Girls Frontline'  Completed September 2nd, 2018

Tier 5 Acasta -- Acasta from 'Azur Lane'  Completed September 5th, 2018

Tier 6 Icarus -- Jibril from 'No Game No Life'  Completed September 7th, 2018

Tier 7 Jervis -- Javelin from 'Azur Lane'  Completed August 16th, 2018

Tier 8 Lightning -- Mikoto Misaka from 'A Certain Scientific Railgun'  Completed August 12th, 2018

Tier 9 Jutland -- Ange from 'Princess Principal'  Completed August 14th, 2018

Tier 10 Daring -- Blanc\White Heart 'Azur Lane / Hyperdimension Neptunia Collab'  Completed August 8th, 2018

Edited by CompassRose72
red text

Modder
45 posts
304 battles

British Battleship Line

Originally when I started to dive into the modding arena it was strictly to work with the new British Battleship line.  Little did I know the whole experience would take on a life of its own.  I started branching out into other tech trees and before I knew it I was enjoying the whole creative process.  Enjoy.

Rider for the Bellerophon was actually suggested by a user on the NA forums.  I'm a fan of the Fate series, but I didn't know that Rider's ultimate attack from one of the games was called the 'Bellerophon'.  It sold me on it instantly, as I was looking for an excuse to use Rider for a ship.

Spoiler

tBOxfH2.jpg

Fhekxbu.jpg

SMHOOnN.jpg

Oae2m2j.jpg

wQj1Qa0.jpg

MZmwRvP.jpg

XTE9Brq.jpg

6ltDRlX.jpg

FAyVSvX.jpg

A7whQj3.jpg

mdNwkXw.jpg

nj3sMEl.jpg

The Orion was the second ship to get the 'Infinite Stratos' treatment, and there are 2 more on the way.  At first I had reservations about going to the same anime series multiple time, but ultimately my guiding principle became 'if she's cute enough to go on a ship, end of story.'  The Orion was the last British battleship left to do, and Cecilia was still on the board anyway.  The last British character I had on my very short list of British anime characters.

Spoiler

3mRmzhU.jpg

5wyDn0k.jpg

NSqagWN.jpg

kFVljLT.jpg

zYHtpb9.jpg

bgzKiKk.jpg

9cOgxB5.jpg

xLidSxu.jpg

C92ixX8.jpg

cLsZi4C.jpg

The Iron Duke was the very first ship that I skinned, and was made at the time I was following the 'Princess Principal' anime series.  The series became the subject for the ship.  Ange became my forum avatar.  The rest is history.  The ship has gone through a 2nd version already, and when time permits I may give her a 3rd overhaul.  The ship itself is a reminder of how I started out, and I use it as a bookend to figure out how far I've come as a modder.

Spoiler

NJaUAGQ.jpg

vO9se2M.jpg

4FNgYd6.jpg

Ean4F3Z.jpg

C8eUbuS.jpg

sJSFTNb.jpg

zXLvLjf.jpg

Hy44Jd1.jpg

1Nyvgul.jpg

WFdcfRg.jpg

BgRjuAy.jpg

gWG9xKF.jpg

RDqfKWh.jpg

Satellizer from 'Freezing' was one of the easier characters to pair up with a ship.  Given she's half British, and her nickname is 'The Untouchable Queen' she went right to the Queen Elizabeth.  'Freezing', is another one of those anime series with representatives from various nations.  You may see other ships spring up with a similar theme to them.

Spoiler

FyhUl6y.jpg

bN81JYK.jpg

yAg9X3Q.jpg

wUH4Jmz.jpg

jzKoasu.jpg

MfA3FIm.jpg

FI8gJ2c.jpg

bux3JSX.jpg

xVuyH82.jpg

eXtcXTg.jpg

While trying to decide which character I wanted on the KGV, I stumbled upon an article involving J.R.R. Tolkien.  During his time as a military cadet, he participated in the coronation of King George V.  I decided the KGV had to have a fantasy-style theme to it, and that meant Grimgar.  In the future I may look at an Azur Lane alternative.

Spoiler

nR8upTp.jpg

aham0IF.jpg

isgTN0d.jpg

meOXHNr.jpg

jxXPEZB.jpg

alJBCXI.jpg

yTvkicX.jpg

Tma7efH.jpg

72VcbVV.jpg

03HjLbo.jpg

hN37DDt.jpg

yTvkicX.jpg

Ldu2wss.jpg

Before I knew about 'Azur Lane' I was working off of what I could find from Anime series for character ideas.  Finding British anime characters was exeptionally hard, so the few that I had went to the bigger battleships.  Lilith Bristol from 'Absolute Duo' drew the Monarch as her character had an aristocratic air about her.  It was the 2nd skin I worked on, and recently received a re-work to touch up some rough areas.

Spoiler

buvMSn2.jpg

fmfz6NH.jpg

Amw1ciE.jpg

w7y20Z9.jpg

X76NdAl.jpg

cEdn4uY.jpg

OJG1qVM.jpg

brtyhGS.jpg

jsugjEm.jpg

XgNbvDj.jpg

yvxPTzX.jpg

n0hAGFY.jpg

5rM4sP7.jpg

iKYvzXT.jpg

Saber from 'Fate' was one I had penciled in for the Lion immediately.  It was one of those obvious fit choices.  when I was taking the screenshots of the ship I noticed the tell-tale signs that it was one of my earlier works.  Some hard edges that I didn't hide.  Some rough textures.  I'll probably give her a 2nd pass when time permits.

Spoiler

IOKLf8R.jpg

RTIpQSs.jpg

GJsG6cM.jpg

ALbHf0q.jpg

OpLasje.jpg

ZMVslmY.jpg

NjNLytb.jpg

mNedFVh.jpg

K0BW3fK.jpg

DdnhPmO.jpg

MP4R1kp.jpg

ZYUJdAY.jpg

N3ZkyOj.jpg

The Conqueror was an experiment in 'large canvas' design.  What size graphics should I be looking for, and how much would I need to cover a ship of that size.  It took over 2 dozen screen captures from the anime, plus several visits to various wallpaper and image sites before I had the material I wanted.  On top of all that, it was an early design of mine from September 2017, and I couldn't resist giving it a second look after I had some practice.  A good illustration of this is the difference between the 16 and 18 inch guns on her.

Spoiler

EvsE54e.jpg

3leNx5V.jpg

MS3ZG9N.jpg

ukiceJY.jpg

VeQJvHW.jpg

pQWY2iR.jpg

2y5KFBs.jpg

9RMnzzp.jpg

FdJFo6E.jpg

CXtgoNU.jpg

cnpbMHA.jpg

sjzcfyf.jpg

65x5txk.jpg

9wBx7Ol.jpg

6t9Hx8o.jpg

Modder
45 posts
304 battles

UK Cruiser Line

I already had the Belfast completed by the time the 'Azur Lane' collaboration was announced, but that didn't stop me from making sure she was in optimal condition for her debut.  She may be hated by some in-game, but how could you hate someone in a maid outfit.  Really?

Spoiler

LaVuwPi.jpg

eSprXiw.jpg

eBMXeEV.jpg

4w1D499.jpg

9j60Au9.jpg

xb2BL84.jpg

T30wxQ3.jpg

00uSHB9.jpg

JpX5G8a.jpg

4Wnl943.jpg

JinUNGO.jpg

robb44c.jpg

xYMInUt.jpg

The Edinburgh was a ship I wanted to make a skin for a while ago, but the amount of fan art just wasn't there yet.  'Azur Lane' Edinburgh was my preferred option.  The combo of a maid in glasses was almost impossible to top.  Then she received an alt outfit with her eating chips out of a classic newspaper wrap.  This was followed by 2 pieces of fan art that completed the canvas perfectly.

Spoiler

qCx2b2C.jpg

fyVofau.jpg

3nsjxiy.jpg

hI2Al1i.jpg

pYKk25j.jpg

VXAJhwW.jpg

nvixamd.jpg

YoLO2jY.jpg

9854PiA.jpg

T7YLX7Y.jpg

x77tR2P.jpg

RBASMpy.jpg

ZSLMLmM.jpg

One of the many things I like about 'Azur Lane' is its willingness to collaborate with other companies.  When the Hyperdimension Neptunia collab released I didn't hesitate to put Nep Nep on the Neptune.  I haven't ruled out the possibility of other collab characters filling in some needed gaps in the tech tree.

Spoiler

XkiSuH4.jpg

IMuKaSa.jpg

8Elwr8r.jpg

qZxfKMl.jpg

B6W6BMT.jpg

YOXl59P.jpg

Q0uF6hU.jpg

20bxKkv.jpg

42uioKO.jpg

t9g3mOV.jpg

CyDqjHK.jpg

xiouMCU.jpg

The Minotaur skin started as a request from a gaming acquaintance who asked me for a ancient greek artwork style skin featuring a minotaur.  The kind of art you see on ancient Greek pottery.  I asked him to see what I could do with an anime theme before passing judgement.  After I sent him the skin, his words were:  'You really nailed it with the minotaur graphic on the front and the blonde on the back.'  I never heard him ask about Greek pottery after that.

Spoiler

uDKl6NR.jpg

K4fveHB.jpg

CcFNaF8.jpg

hayFW5H.jpg

W0F0k7z.jpg

L4IiiGQ.jpg

1U0sEHf.jpg

zc43zf8.jpg

8guxK3L.jpg

KLcPh6M.jpg

IDwDACM.jpg

yOCVQh4.jpg

Modder
45 posts
304 battles

UK Destroyer Line (Includes Commonwealth Ships)

The UK Destroyer line was completed ahead of schedule and is ready for the official debut with the release of 0.7.10.0.  You can grind the entire line from start to finish with anime every step of the way.

Tier 2 'Medea'

There were several choices for this ship, mostly due to the 'Fate' series.  I narrowed it down between Caster Lily (Medea) from 'Fate/Grand Order' and Caster (Medea) from 'Unlimited Blade Works'.  In the end I went with lily, as she's a cuter and younger character.  More fitting for a tier 2.

Spoiler

OhUBE6W.jpg

pD1KpHV.jpg

uPhn80o.jpg

Tier 3 'Vampire'

Vampire was one of those ships where the fan art FAR outweighed the size of the canvas.  Cute as she is, there might be a version two on the horizon, as there's more fan art of her being generated every week.

Spoiler

uAB8nFm.jpg

sBpmipP.jpg

Rg65C4Z.jpg

5Ob5sga.jpg

t5CriMM.jpg

4HziXl0.jpg

X84KAeb.jpg

intUKT4.jpg

Tier 3 'Valkyrie'

As tempted as I was to use 'Valkyrie Drive' I thought it was a little too over the top.  Intstead I went with the social game version of the anime, codename 'Siren'.  I focused on the character 'Sashou Urara', as her artwork was tame compared to others but still attractive.

Spoiler

pST2I9x.jpg

Ml1WDdf.jpg

rl7hXMs.jpg

Tier 4 'Wakeful'

Welrod MK2 from 'Girls Frontline' was one I had in my hip pocket for a while in case I needed a subject for a ship I was stumped on.  So she goes into the destroyer line, as I have the cruiser line pretty well marked out for the future.

Spoiler

KJrMd1Z.jpg

pcsW06k.jpg

7i6ozXg.jpg

Tier 5 'Acasta'

This one was easy.  'Azur Lane' Acasta was one I was already gathering fan art for.  Certainly glad to see her represented in the tech tree.

Spoiler

3giW83k.jpg

Tier 6 'Icarus'

I started looking at Azur Lane shipgirls from the UK Destroyer line and tried marking ones that 'had to be in there'.  Then came the question of which tier would be most appropriate for them.  Knowing Javelin was going to be a tier 7, I started looking at anything 'pre J-class'.  That essentially put me in 'Fortune/Foxhound' territory, and further back into Cygnet\Comet\Crescent territory.  I ended up going with the 'F' Class and decided to move Cygnet to the Black Swan, given the name it implies.

Spoiler

hFz2BGk.png

Tier 7 'Javelin'

I remember thinking: 'well, I wish there were more Azur Lane matches in this tree.  But at least there's Javelin'.  Another easy choice, and one I was hoping for.

Spoiler

oW8wy7Z.jpg

wW90YMm.jpg

4JIjlsn.jpg

Tier 8 'Lightning'

Based on the name, and the fact I've wanted to do a ship based on this anime, I chose 'Mikoto Misaka' from 'A Certain Scientific Railgun'.  This ship took some extra time, as I decided on a lightning backdrop on most of the deckhouse.  The extra time was worth it, and I'll find myself conflicted when it comes time to decide whether or not to keep her.

Spoiler

m9gcJDC.jpg

Tprr0aB.jpg

Nwtvp9v.jpg

Tier 9 'Jutland'

For a while I wanted my avatar 'Ange' to have her own boat.  With the UK options filling up fast all of a sudden, Jutland became the boat she can have all to herself.  The Iron Duke will still carry the full 'Princess Principal' theme.  Currently she is still under construction, still needing a paint job on the main guns as well as some of the minor details on the ship.

Spoiler

okQK3SV.jpg

elUNc9Z.jpg

oyKAENX.jpg

Tier 10 'Daring'

The tier 10 created a problem.  The Daring uses the Neptune's secondaries.  And all over them was Purple Heart from 'Hyperdimension Neptunia' shouting her audacious 'Commence teh pew pews!'  So that left me with using another character from the Azur Lane collab, and the destroyer representative was Blanc.  Most likely if the French get a destroyer line I'll move Blanc and her French-sounding name over there and make the Daring the sole domain of 'White Heart.  But for now this works fine.

Spoiler

9wEpvzZ.jpg

tx6GqN8.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
45 posts
304 battles

Changelog for 0.7.10.0

• No changes or additions to the ships themselves, but checked for patch compliance.  0.7.10.0 ready.

For those that can't get enough anime skins, I recommend joining our discord that is linked at the start of the thread.  I currently have ship bundles for Germany, Japan, and Russia that aren't available here in the forums.  The bundles don't contain many ships (yet) but they do feature some of my latest work.

CFfHBf2.jpg

RLvffFv.jpg

XyLjWGV.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Sign in to follow this