You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Robby_Hermanto

Inquiry: Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament

11 comments in this topic

34 posts
3,150 battles

Hey All,

I would like to ask something about skill Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament.

If I am on zoom mode aiming something far away on my main battery range edge, and then suddenly a DD shows up within the secondary guns range, will they shoot the DD (Although I am not targeting the DD)?

Or will they stand still until I target the DD?

Thank you.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,000 battles

They will not fire at any target unless you have designated it a 'manual target'

To do this. Press and hold the CTRL button and then LEFT CLICK the enemy ship you want the secondary guns to prioritise or target. Your manual secondaries will now fire on that target.

Note: Even without manual secondaries, doing this will prioritise a target. EG. A DD and a BB are close to you, but you want your secondaries to fire on the DD instead of the BB. CTRL and LEFT CLICK the DD.

This is also how MANUAL AA works for aircraft. CTRL and LEFT CLICK enemy aircraft.

34 posts
3,150 battles
3 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Unless you Ctrl+click the target,otherwise the secondary will not fire.

3 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

They will not fire at any target unless you have designated it a 'manual target'

To do this. Press and hold the CTRL button and then LEFT CLICK the enemy ship you want the secondary guns to prioritise or target. Your manual secondaries will now fire on that target.

Note: Even without manual secondaries, doing this will prioritise a target. EG. A DD and a BB are close to you, but you want your secondaries to fire on the DD instead of the BB. CTRL and LEFT CLICK the DD.

This is also how MANUAL AA works for aircraft. CTRL and LEFT CLICK enemy aircraft.

Thank you Pocket_Fox and User_1145141919810. That answer my question perfectly.

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,702 battles

This is an interesting point. The skill description states:

Secondary guns only fire at targets designated by the player.

Newer players would naturally assume that means the normal Target Lock system. There's no mention of a separate priority target mechanic the works exclusively with the secondary guns.

112 posts
1,553 battles

Yup, as mentioned your secondaries will only fire on whatever target your ctrl+click, which is different to how the Manual AA control works.

That being said, once you go full in on secondaries you never go back :3 Being to melt a Bow on yamato with your ifhe secs never gets old, and you can easily rack up 40-80k damage purely from secondary hits (not including fires).

As for players who are new to this skill, all it means is that you need to keep an eye on your map (with sec range turned on) and target ships as they are coming into range. Your secondaries also take 1-2 seconds to retarget as well before they start firing.

231 posts
11,913 battles
1 hour ago, Dire_Venom said:

Yup, as mentioned your secondaries will only fire on whatever target your ctrl+click, which is different to how the Manual AA control works.

That being said, once you go full in on secondaries you never go back :3 Being to melt a Bow on yamato with your ifhe secs never gets old, and you can easily rack up 40-80k damage purely from secondary hits (not including fires).

As for players who are new to this skill, all it means is that you need to keep an eye on your map (with sec range turned on) and target ships as they are coming into range. Your secondaries also take 1-2 seconds to retarget as well before they start firing.

assuming you don't get blapped by 460 itself or the yamato isn't ifhe manual sec too. :cap_haloween:.

112 posts
1,553 battles
1 minute ago, Lowyat said:

assuming you don't get blapped by 460 itself or the yamato isn't ifhe manual sec too. :cap_haloween:.

If you angle right you can bounce the 460's :3 I have yet to encounter a proper seconday opponent so far unfortunatly :,(

Super Tester
7,746 posts
8,040 battles
On 5/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, Dire_Venom said:

If you angle right you can bounce the 460's :3 I have yet to encounter a proper seconday opponent so far unfortunatly :,(

May be because secondary builds are sub-optimal and serious players do not go for those in most cases?

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,638 battles
On 28/05/2018 at 12:38 PM, Dire_Venom said:

Ummmm

No you can't, on every ship there is somewhere you can pen no matter what angle, it's just knowing where and having good aim.

Even then Yamato overmatches just about every bit of every ship anyways.

End-state, angling is good but doesn't make you immune.

Edited by S4pp3R