Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CompassRose72

[0.7.11.1] Compass Rose Anime Skins (Pan-Asia Ships)

6 comments in this topic

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

HTFtIQF.png

Update November 26th, 2018 for version 0.7.11.1

Since early September of 2017, I've been making skins with an anime theme to them.  As the skins started to pile up, I realized it would be better if I segmented them by nation before the main thread got out of control.  In early November I started on a ship bundle, with the intention of releasing it on the forums as a Christmas present.  Then word broke that the new, Pan-Asian destroyer line was being released.  I shifted gears immediately, and decided the present would take the form of the entire destroyer line completed.  It was a success and it became one of my more popular downloads.  I'm posting it for the first time on the Asia forums, to go along with the others threads I've been starting here.  I'll post the download link below with the release of 7.5, and as I finish the last 2 remaining ships in the tech tree, I'll update this thread accordingly.

If you want to see the latest changes to my mods, or just take a peek on what I'm currently working on, you can join the growing community on my discord server:  https://discord.gg/z58ByKX

There's also my Twitch account if I feel like streaming the development in real-time:  https://www.twitch.tv/compassr0se

Pan-Asia Ship Bundle Zip file:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/ge7btbs8zm26fup/CR_ShipBundle_PanAsia.zip/file

• Contains the ships themselves that I've completed
  • All textures related to the Pan-Asia tech tree.  From catapults to range finders, they're all in there.
  • All ship preview icons for the Pan-Asia tech tree

**  Make sure to unzip the file directly to the res_mods\0.7.11.1 directory

Also, after the 0.7.9.0 update, it is better to start with a blank res_mods\0.7.11.1 folder as the changes to the file structure on the client end were significant.  Old mods and ship textures will likely crash your client.

Below is a running list of ships I've completed, and things I've started to work on.  As I've done since the beginning, I'll keep this original post updated as frequently as I can, so you can use it as a one-stop shop for all the work I've done.  If you're interested in pics, then by all means comb through the thread and have a closer look.

If you have a favorite ship you want skinned, or a particular anime you want represented then don't hesitate to post your request.

Pan-Asian Destroyers

Tier 2  Longjiang -- German Montage 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 24, 2017

Tier 3 Phra Ruang -- Chinese rifles montage 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 25th, 2017

Tier 4  Shen Yang --  Huang Lingyin 'Infinite Stratos'  Completed November 21st, 2017

Tier 5 Jian Wei -- Type 79 Submachine gun 'Girls Frontline'  Completed December 3rd, 2017

Tier 6 (Premium) Anshan -- Anshan 'Azur Lane'  (In Progress)

Tier 6  Fu Shun -- SV-98 Sniper Rifle 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 20th, 2017

Tier 7 Gadjah Mada -- Fabrique Nationale Carbine (FNC) 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 28th, 2017

Tier 8  Hsienyang -- Chinese Rifle montage (Alternate costumes) 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 16th, 2017

Tier 8 Lo Yang (Premium) -- Laffey (New Year's alt costume) 'Azur Lane'  Completed January 28th, 2018

Tier 9 Chung-Mu -- Kirin Toudou -- 'The Asterisk War'  Completed November 5th, 2017

Tier 10 Yueyang  -- Grizzly Mk5 'Girls Frontline'  Completed November 9th, 2017

Pan-Asian Cruisers

Tier 1 Chengan --  Natsume Tsuchimikado  'Tokyo Ravens'  Completed November 23rd, 2017

Tier 6  Huanghe -- Ping Hai / Ning Hai 'Azur Lane'  (In Progress)

Edited by CompassRose72
red text

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

When I started modding the Pan-Asia tech tree I started from the top down.  It wasn't until later that I reached the Chengan as a project and by that time I was feeling a bit mischievous.  So I made light of the fact it's a tier 1 ship and you're probably only going to be in it for a couple of battles.  It feels a little awkward to start off the Pan-Asian tech tree with an anime entitled 'Tokyo Ravens'.  But it had dragons, and dragons was what I was looking for.

Spoiler

YnY7uvn.jpg

N85nUom.jpg

XInK2zo.jpg

oQPylrs.jpg

fsBHBud.jpg

oj3Bx8d.jpg

YPRmrMU.jpg

aepAext.jpg

6yhoOvY.jpg

xBAQFKv.jpg

Since a lot of the Pan-Asian destroyers in this tech tree were ships from other nations, it was a chance to go to the 'Girls Frontline' well as often as I could.  The only one with a German theme to it was the Long Jiang, a V-25 clone.  So I decided to use a montage of lesser-popular German firearms to represent the ship.  I have yet to transfer this skin over to the V-25 but it's on my to-do list.

Spoiler

CNCzNth.jpg

DRH8t56.jpg

kpyef5I.jpg

zCXDZgb.jpg

cgGLhCc.jpg

nKjzEvJ.jpg

KUNmGpd.jpg

eaEnXhW.jpg

jmbaDmJ.jpg

vd5yQaB.jpg

The Phra Ruang was actually the last destroyer in the line I finished, so I was beginning to run out of background art and character selections.  She ended up being a montage of a lot of the Chinese rifle girls you see on the Hisen in their New Year's alt outfits.  As for the Phra Ruang, she got hit hard with the cherry blossom bat.

Spoiler

HmEytPl.jpg

9qHGZPK.jpg

QYkK9Qi.jpg

Yabxgqh.jpg

jyJR12l.jpg

55I8Oop.jpg

LJL2OBN.jpg

g7XrR4i.jpg

Sts46ek.jpg

3AGZky6.jpg

Just finding Chinese anime characters to use as the central theme was a chore.  But one that immediately came to mind was Lingyin Huang from 'Infinite Stratos'.  The series itself is one of those rare collections that features a characters from a variety of nations.  It wasn't the last time I would go to this series for ideas.  The fact that Lingyin's IS machine is called 'Shen Long' was the last bit I needed in selecting which destroyer to put her on.  Shenyang is close enough.

Spoiler

C6agbqS.jpg

271xhDt.jpg

9GMIuqh.jpg

EKDz6rv.jpg

kdt8qii.jpg

vjFF35c.jpg

hvxhIVc.jpg

e1gfB03.jpg

i0iakqP.jpg

RGa8Rfu.jpg

I didn't know much about the 'Girls Frontline' characters before I started the preliminary work on the skins, but I quickly began to discover the ones that were popular based on the amount of fan art I was coming across.  Type  79 was one that I noticed was under the radar.  Didn't have a lot of art, and had the quirky feature of a cybernetic right arm.  But for some reason she became a personal favorite, so I decided to build the Jianwei around her and make a cyberpunk-style Chinatown theme to bring it all together.

Spoiler

TYpKXKK.jpg

gii8N0i.jpg

hi7nyaV.jpg

klYBpFM.jpg

5sGdnHB.jpg

awzwe77.jpg

po3HsyX.jpg

CtrGWNn.jpg

2RarXxn.jpg

tOzQgjx.jpg

With the Fushun as a Gnevny clone it was time to bring in a Russian rifle from 'Girls Frontline' again.  This time it was SV-98, my favorite rifle from the Russian character list.  However this is before the Fushun from 'Azur Lane' was introduced.  In the future, SV-98 might move to the Gnevny where she really belongs, vacating a spot for the Fushun herself.

Spoiler

NBaagRz.jpg

X8TsKXc.jpg

swvbIfY.jpg

dnc8sqX.jpg

cKU2xtG.jpg

HYwIZhZ.jpg

ofzqpxn.jpg

NDyjFEh.jpg

17cnAEi.jpg

1Klqodc.jpg

As a fan of the Civilization series, I recognized the name Gadjah Mada right away.  I wanted to give it an Indonesia theme right away, and load it up with as many Civilization references that I could find.  I also chose FNC from 'Girls Frontline' as the main character, as the FNC is used extensively by the Indonesian Armed Forces.  I had a lot of fun with it, and I get a good laugh every time I catch a glimpse of the broadside.

Spoiler

SkP6n2m.jpg

hunhQPz.jpg

HWlpyMz.jpg

SGwMIM2.jpg

BO4nrJI.jpg

mYnozxF.jpg

02LfXOK.jpg

v2W9TnR.jpg

q5rXGvT.jpg

hlj0R8m.jpg

gGeSQka.jpg

j0QFThT.jpg

With the Lo Yang being a Benson-class American destroyer I went back in search of a fitting character.  As luck would have it, about that time Laffey from 'Azur Lane' received a New Year's alt costume.  It was perfect timing, so another Chinese New Year theme went down on the hull.

Spoiler

wWpUp6j.jpg

X1uIoDz.jpg

VzLPmx9.jpg

KlarRi3.jpg

rZABsII.jpg

BhmRXra.jpg

B7NeVwZ.jpg

84syVrD.jpg

With the Tier 9 and 10 ships already decided on, I wanted a high-tier representative for a Chinese New Year celebration-style theme.  So the Hsienyang was next in line, and there were plenty of 'Girls Frontline' characters with New Year's alt outfits.  I grabbed all the Chinese characters and in they went.  Add some fireworks and some lanterns and we had ourselves a party.

Spoiler

ARhlhsZ.jpg

rJWSspE.jpg

rmXQEwc.jpg

TYiJRKA.jpg

QezkaWc.jpg

cvUZa3k.jpg

JNZ44j3.jpg

yO7SQKX.jpg

vhWN6yA.jpg

7CXYKK8.jpg

Without knowing why I locked onto Kirin Toudou as a candidate for the Chung Mu.  I wanted her on a destroyer, and I also wanted to start tackling the new line of destroyers on the horizon.  So while she went to the Chung Mu, the November announcement about their release kicked the rest of the project into high gear, and it became a Christmas present of sorts to the community.

Spoiler

Km2XqLO.jpg

kiVt8Fe.jpg

F33sujP.jpg

pzy1C1y.jpg

gfLgwBT.jpg

5ZYbSey.jpg

lEhWJ1b.jpg

B5FZ75l.jpg

HTzYIrZ.jpg

m8FcwXV.jpg

Y2cIWpS.jpg

Kjoh7Wl.jpg

With the Yueyang being an Allen M. Summer class American destroyer, I went to the American handgun girls from 'Girls Frontline'  The two that jumped out right away was the Mk23 and Grizzly MkV.  Since Mk23 had the red/white/blue style American outfit I chose her for the Gearing.  That left Grizzly for the Yueyang.  Turned out to be a perfect pairing.

Spoiler

prf1VAo.jpg

Td4vZJQ.jpg

3jZXcMX.jpg

LeYPA0h.jpg

bUkltQH.jpg

5yrRSgM.jpg

RYXrmH5.jpg

8MHS9Fm.jpg

pHoVQOz.jpg

1xVHSVC.jpg

ZZxM0Xf.jpg

a7FKgux.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles
3 hours ago, powership2000 said:

Very beautiful anime characters! Much impressed. Nice job. Thanks for sharing. 

Glad you enjoy them.  I need comments like yours to keep me going every so often.

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

Changelog for 0.7.10.0

• No changes or additions to the ships themselves, but checked for patch compliance.  0.7.10.0 ready.

For those that can't get enough anime skins, I recommend joining our discord that is linked at the start of the thread.  I currently have ship bundles for Germany, Japan, and Russia that aren't available here in the forums.  The bundles don't contain many ships (yet) but they do feature some of my latest work.

CFfHBf2.jpg

RLvffFv.jpg

XyLjWGV.jpg

Sign in to follow this