Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
__Heart_Under_Blade__

SE is a must have skill on BBs

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
6 posts
8,422 battles

SE is a must have skill on all BB's, here is why:

1. Heal scales with health, therefore more health equals more heals

2. SE scales with ship tiers and is viable from T3-T10 BBs, you can use 1 captain when you are grinding a BB line

3. There are no need for other 3 point skills, vigilance can be omitted because you have CA's and DD's to scout, BoS can be omitted because you can fall back into concealment as a BB's effective engagement range is 16+ kms

With these reasons, I don't understand why others say that SE on BB's is useless. In fact, I think that SE is useful for all ship types that will get shot at, so every ship except CV's should also take SE.

2awrxu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
114 posts
3,889 battles

I fully agree. If you look at my signature you will understand why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,696 posts
10,543 battles

Why do i get the feel that the Sharky disease is spreading like wildfire everywhere. :Smile_sceptic:

Did the underwater citadel meta cause something that it shouldnt have ? Or did everyone awaken to their Newtype power when i wasnt looking :<

Edited by legionary2099

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
129 posts
Just now, legionary2099 said:

Why do i get the feel that the Sharky disease is spreading like wildfire everywhere. :Smile_sceptic:

Did the underwater citadel meta cause something that it shouldnt have ? Or did everyone awaken to their Newtype power when i wasnt looking :<

:cap_tea: i can confirm the shark is dead. maybe the corps is decomposed and creating plague :V

 

______________________________

it wasnt SE, it is SI (Super Intendend)

well, it depend on what type of BB. if someone like to brawl and tanking damage or get easily burned, this skill is pretty good. muss have for every KM BB and optional for MN BB (German and French).

but this wasnt entirely needed for every line. for example an AA and Concealed BB will get more benefit from BFT because +20% AA damage is gud. the vigilante is MEH skill, who need Vigilante if you have spotted plane and ultra instinc lol. 

 

as survivability build this is what muss have (from priority order)

SI >> Concealment >> Basic of Survivability >> Fire Prevention

Fire Prevention is the last thing to add compared to concealment and basic of survivability. 

 

btw, contrary to what i did before with KM BB... i pick BFT instead of SI in MN BB because.... AA and semi secondary build. unlike the KMBB, the MN can finish off enemy faster with a lot of gun (except for Richeliue), also the availability of speed boost can make you run away like chicken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,316 posts
1 hour ago, __Heart_Under_Blade__ said:

SE is a must have skill on all BB's, here is why:

1. Heal scales with health, therefore more health equals more heals

2. SE scales with ship tiers and is viable from T3-T10 BBs, you can use 1 captain when you are grinding a BB line

3. There are no need for other 3 point skills, vigilance can be omitted because you have CA's and DD's to scout, BoS can be omitted because you can fall back into concealment as a BB's effective engagement range is 16+ kms

With these reasons, I don't understand why others say that SE on BB's is useless. In fact, I think that SE is useful for all ship types that will get shot at, so every ship except CV's should also take SE.

2awrxu.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=5181882

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,316 posts
7 minutes ago, Balzarknam said:

:cap_tea: i can confirm the shark is dead. maybe the corps is decomposed and creating plague :V

 

______________________________

it wasnt SE, it is SI (Super Intendend)

well, it depend on what type of BB. if someone like to brawl and tanking damage or get easily burned, this skill is pretty good. muss have for every KM BB and optional for MN BB (German and French).

but this wasnt entirely needed for every line. for example an AA and Concealed BB will get more benefit from BFT because +20% AA damage is gud. the vigilante is MEH skill, who need Vigilante if you have spotted plane and ultra instinc lol. 

 

as survivability build this is what muss have (from priority order)

SI >> Concealment >> Basic of Survivability >> Fire Prevention

Fire Prevention is the last thing to add compared to concealment and basic of survivability. 

 

btw, contrary to what i did before with KM BB... i pick BFT instead of SI in MN BB because.... AA and semi secondary build. unlike the KMBB, the MN can finish off enemy faster with a lot of gun (except for Richeliue), also the availability of speed boost can make you run away like chicken. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3829988

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
156 posts
4,055 battles
1 hour ago, __Heart_Under_Blade__ said:

you can fall back into concealment as a BB's effective engagement range is 16+ kms

 

 

You mean effective range for camping right. 

1yQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
359 posts
7,428 battles

Crap I was so dumbfounded by SE is a useful skill I missed that 16+km range. At most I would pick two 3 point skills but never for a B.B. from memory and it would ALWAYS be a more useful skill than SE.

Frankly I’m astounded after 6k battles THIS is what you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,707 battles
1 hour ago, __Heart_Under_Blade__ said:

1. Heal scales with health, therefore more health equals more heals

Incorrect. Survival Expert does NOT increase heal amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,707 battles

I tested it on my Tashkent, and it definitely does not increase the heal amount. Haven't tested it on any Battleships, though, so maybe they work differently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,707 battles

I know the tooltip suggests otherwise, but if you actually test it you'll find it doesn't work:

4vnuHa6.jpg

Tashkent captain has Survival Expert, as you can see from the total hitpoints. Repair Party heals 0.5% per second for 28 seconds (14% total) which should be 4,192 (including the +20% heal flag, which I forgot to remove).

 

CCcRZBx.jpg

However, only 3,662 hitpoints have been repaired. This is because 21,800 (base hitpoints) x 14% = 3,052, +20% for the flag which equals 3,662 hit points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
8 posts
102 battles

idk if you lot are trolling or not, but I can confirm this for you. 

 

Taking SE does not increase the amount of HP that you heal. On anything. I do not know if this is a bug or is working as intended, but in its current state SE does not boost heal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,707 battles

Yeah, it's misleading because if you hover over the Repair Party icon in game or in port, the stated heal amount does increase if you put an SE captain in the ship. Unfortunately, if you track your hitpoints you can see that it doesn't work that way in battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
359 posts
7,428 battles
50 minutes ago, Otamegii said:

idk if you lot are trolling or not, but I can confirm this for you. 

 

Taking SE does not increase the amount of HP that you heal. On anything. I do not know if this is a bug or is working as intended, but in its current state SE does not boost heal. 

That's not the main issue OP has stated that SE is a useful skill and everyone that has commented has mockingly opposed that point of view.

Whether the heal is scaled with tier or not SE is still not as useful as other skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
359 posts
7,428 battles
1 hour ago, Epicurus_ said:

Crap I was so dumbfounded by SE is a useful skill I missed that 16+km range. At most I would pick two 3 point skills but never for a B.B. from memory and it would ALWAYS be a more useful skill than SE.

Frankly I’m astounded after 6k battles THIS is what you posted.

correction; I was thinking of Adrenaline rush and Last Stand as 3 point skills at the time. The only 3 point skill I have selected after Superintendent has been BOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,707 battles

I'm just... going to leave this thread now. Nice and slow, no sudden moves, see? Everything's fine. Stay calm and don't think about all the respec fees. Everything will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
9 posts
7,732 battles

Seeing all this disagreement about whether SE affected heal or not made me go out and test it for myself. Results are surprising, the tooltip suggests SE affects the heal but in game that is not the case at all.

Survivability Expert.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
114 posts
3,889 battles
15 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

I'm just... going to leave this thread now. Nice and slow, no sudden moves, see? Everything's fine. Stay calm and don't think about all the respec fees. Everything will be fine.

but it does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×