13 comments in this topic

41 posts
297 battles

gO0E21Q.png

Updated October 17th, 2018 for version 0.7.10.0

I didn't think I would ever tackle a user interface mod when I started doing anime ship skins.  But I thought I was ready for a new challenge after making dozens of skins, and an Azur Lane-themed enchant appealed to me.  The collaboration announcement was perfect timing, as I was already hip-deep in the development of the mod.  This is by no means a completed mod.  There are several areas I'd like to do more work on, but I wanted to release the first version when 7.5 hit the live servers.  I'd also like to see what type of reception the mod gets.  This will require maintenance going forward, and it just wouldn't be worth the effort unless this mod somehow catches fire and becomes popular.  I'll hope for the best on that point.

As of 0.7.6.0 I've split the download into two files.  One for the login videos (which you should only have to download once), and one for the core mod, which I will continue to update.

Login Videos Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdis1sg8m5xiil5/CR_AzurLaneLoginVids.zip/file

Core Mod Download Link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/s9bhhdt49mx6pmp/CR_AzurLaneEnchant.zip/file

**  Make sure to unzip the file directly to the res_mods\0.7.10.0 directory

Also, since the 0.7.9.0 update, it is better to start with a blank res_mods folder as the changes to the file structure on the client end were significant.  Old mods and ship textures will likely crash your client.

If you want to see the latest changes to my mods, or just take a peek on what I'm currently working on, you can join the growing community on my discord server:  https://discord.gg/z58ByKX

There's also my Twitch account if I feel like streaming the development in real-time:  https://www.twitch.tv/compassr0se

Some thanks go out to the following people for their help.

Juesty Tylor (Discord user Juesty_Tylor#0368) from the EU server for his help with beta testing this mod.  He also contributed some of the screenshots below.

Kochiya Sanae (Discord user Kochiya_Sanae_2016#0727) for converting the Azur Lane Youtube videos into game format for use in the custom login videos.  You can see the original videos posted on his Youtube channel, where he's always testing out anime mods in World of Warships:

Finally my thanks go out to the wiki staff that maintains the Azur Lane English Wiki.  If it wasn't for that team and its superb maintenance of that site I would not have had the material I needed to construct a mod of this detail.  Most of the icons and character portraits within this mod are taken directly from this site.  My hat's off to that entire team.

And now, the mod itself.

Custom login / game loading screens

The splash screen, like your standard client pulls from one of several landscape graphics during initial loading, followed by one of several video possibilities.

Spoiler

dgPRay1.jpg

5Uiyy1X.jpg

6IxWMmt.jpg

1C8LRZO.jpg

Custom Dockyard Graphics

• Various ship module upgrades (Hull, main guns, fire control, etc...)
  • Consumables
  • Ship Upgrades
  • All emblems, patches and insignias have been given the anime treatment.  All patches current as of 0.7.10.0
  • Reward Crates
  • US, UK, German, IJN and Pan-Asia Tech Tree preview icons.  IJN Tech-tree still a work-in-progress but has been updated for 0.7.10.0
  • Female commander icons (portraits will not conflict with the new Azur Lane commanders for 7.5)
  • Commander Skill Tree
  • Achievements have been added for the 7.9 update
  • Supply ship modified for 7.9 (Vestal theme from Azur Lane)
Spoiler

wYijk7T.jpg

y4jNUYb.jpg

9ZJJqmc.jpg

q8IEOqk.jpg

kqI3PPD.jpg

6boPPP7.jpg

Modified new event content for each patch starting with the 7.5 release

• Custom event graphics for the daily and weekly tasks (All weekly tasks have now been modified with the 0.7.6.0 update)
  • Modified new collection graphics (New Ovechkin collection added in advance of a future update)
  • Custom graphics for Halsey's new campaign, starring Sarah from 'Kantai Collection'
  • All 4 permanent campaigns have now been modified (New with the 0.7.6.0 update)
  • Royal Navy event modified for the 7.9 update.  Halloween elements added for the 7.10 update
Spoiler

3zd7KWU.jpg

uGpZaFB.jpg

AZmKkpj.jpg

meO2fld.jpg

OiemVGr.jpg

hhWxYg7.jpg

Map Loading Screens

While this mod is very much Azur Lane, I used the map loading screens as an opportunity to showcase the anime ship skins I've done to this point.  For those that have followed my work, they know I draw upon several sources of anime.  Chief among them are:

• Azur Lane
  • Kantai Collection
  • Girls Frontline
  • Various Anime Series
Spoiler

xMyJ5Zs.png

LeZMEnt.png

ganidKh.png

juBEoBe.png

Battle HUD & Post-Battle Screen

• Modified spotted status (Ship, Planes, Radar/Hydro)
  • Cyclone Warning
  • Battle Ribbons
Spoiler

Myd4xfQ.jpg

iGFHUBr.jpg

z5AT2oZ.jpg

FG1cKBq.jpg

That's all for now.  Let me know what you think.  I'll take all the feedback into account going forward.

Edited by CompassRose72
changed font colour

41 posts
297 battles

The service_lib.swf file has been modified to be compatible with 0.7.6.0.  There is also a host of new content.  Weekly Tasks, insignias, and all 4 permanent campaigns have been given the anime treatment.  Enjoy and I'll see you next update.

41 posts
297 battles

@NightRoadX_fighter It works the same as a normal client, you just need to find the directory to unzip the files to.

Usually, steam installs world of warships under this path:C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ World of Warships

And under the World of Warships directory, you follow the path until you find the patch versions under the res_mods directory.  C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ World of Warships \ bin \ 324772 \ res_mods \0.7.8.0

Currently we're on 0.7.8.0 so you should unzip my mods to that directory, so you see a gui folder, and a texts folder in the 0.7.8.0 folder.  If you install my ship skins then you'll see a content folder as well.

That's all.  It should work the next time you launch the client.

41 posts
297 battles

Changelog for 0.7.9.0 update:

• Added a paint job to the supply ship.  Theme is Vestal from 'Azur Lane'.
  • Most of the usual reward crates have been modified with AL graphics.  Consider those a WIP until I tweak some of the icon sizes a little.
  • Modified the 25 new patches with the update.  All have an appropriate shipgirl.
  • All content related to the new UK story arc have been modified.
  • All achievements have been given AL-themed icons.
  • Preview icons for the new UK destroyers have been added.

Known issue:  The new patch with the clan tag is causing some problems with the shipgirls.  Most of the emblems obscure the clan tag.  So I'll have to move quite a few shipgirls up a few pixels.  Don't look for them to be fixed immediately, but over time I'll correct them until all of them fully clear the clan tag.

41 posts
297 battles

Changelog for 0.7.10.0

• Ovechkin collection has been added.  Although the content isn't live yet, it's ready for when it kicks off.
  • Added Halloween elements for the new event, as well as weekly tasks.
  • New patches and emblems have been added.
  • Weekly task graphics have been updated.
  • IJN tech tree partially complete but still a work in progress.
  • Supply ship has been given a Halloween skin.  The texture map is a different file than the standard Vestal skin, so these 2 should co-exist going forward.

1 post
123 battles

Love the Halloween stuff! The splash art, event screens and cute lil' icons are a pleasure to look at. Thanks for the amazing mod!

keep rockin', senpai.

hai. asian verlaine here. hitting you with the sick copy paste.