You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PeterMoe1963

Tip for Stage 4 - Franz von Juetland mission: use Richelieu

24 comments in this topic

1,050 posts
7,786 battles

For many this will be obvious, but a ship that makes it very easy to complete the last stage to the Franz von Juetland mission is the French T8 Richelieu.

Use speed boost to charge enemy BB's. Keep away from Tirpitzes and cruisers with torps, though. Load HE and fire at superstructure to destroy modules, that's also part of the mission. Go within 2km of enemy BB and the secondaries will score quickly. With Richelieu, point the back or side of the ship towards BB.

With about two co-op's with Richelieu, the last stage should be completed:

image.thumb.png.b6b08ef09cc703843eec35c29103e212.pngl

A Bismarck/Tirpitz with secondaries build will work well, also.

I'm sure there are other BB's with great secondaries, but these are the ones I tried.

55 posts
5,710 battles

My only tier VIII thus far is an Edinburgh, so yeah, I groaned when I saw the final mission stage requirements. 

It actually ended up being its own kind of 'fun', finding targets that couldn't wipe me too quickly and waiting as long as I could before deleting them so that I could rack up some more secondary hits. 

Took me 29 co-op battles (and 5 much less 'effective' ranked battles, where I was obviously avoiding secondary distance where possible). That's an average of 16 secondary hits per battle.

yeah, a Richelieu would have been a nice option!

291 posts
24,010 battles

yep. just take a throwaway 10 point commander and spec manual secondaries for the last 4. Respec in the next CBT season.

shot-18.05.20_06.55.17-0962.jpg

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
8 hours ago, MatterCore said:

sorry Alsace does her best

I guess more players have T8 Richelieu, compared to T9 Alsace.

And in both ships you would not achieve 500 hits in a single mission - so why not use both?

7 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I did it with Tirpitz, easy as pie.

I did the first 250 secondaries hits with Bismarck.

Drove my Bismarck between two enemy BB’s. So Bismarck/Tirpitz is a good option, too.

With Richelieu I was driving in front (2-3km) of two enemy BB’s and a cruiser, that gave me the above 315 secondaries hits. One problem with the Richelieu is that most secondaries sit mainly at the back.

This tactic would get you killed in a Random battle very quickly, it felt strange doing this. But thankfully bots are dumb and this works fine.

In my match with Richelieu I saw two other BBs do the same thing = get close, have secondary blast away without firing main guns.

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
On 5/24/2018 at 1:41 PM, Lowyat said:

Finished it with Japanese BB secondaries spec'ed in Ranked/Randoms only.

That would be an option, too.

How many matches?

[LONER]
71 posts
2,666 battles

Had one of my best games ever doing this in my Bismarck. My first ever Kraken, a Double Strike, Fireproof, Dreadnought, and 2 Close Quarters Experts. :-)

I hardly ever play Tier VIII because I'm not good at random battles, and I always feel way outclassed, but spending some time in the Bismarck turned out to be a lot of fun.

Edited by luftkopf

Super Tester
7,771 posts
8,043 battles

How to do it in less than 20 minutes without actually doing anything and going through trouble?

> Take your bismarck in coop game, park in the middle of the map, keep cycling through enemy ships. You get around 200-300 hits per co-op game, averaging in 10 minutes. Done in two games, around 20 minutes. You can even do it in one hand.

354 posts
9,048 battles

I was lucky and rolled up a Dunkerque in a coop match while in a Tirpitz. Got on his tail round an island and just followed him around so he couldn't shoot at me. Scored nearly 400 hits and possibly would have made it to 500 if some inconsiderate teammate hadn't finished him off too soon.

231 posts
11,934 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

That would be an option, too.

How many matches?

Probably around 10 matches or more if i realize it was t8 above only after about halfway finished. wasted a few hundred nagato secondary ribbons which could have saved me some time if i paid attention to details.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts
7,273 battles

Whaat?

Everyone doing the mission in co-op? In less than a day? Talk about easy.

It's a mission. It's supposed to be hard.

Drink some wet concrete and toughen up guys..

I'm doing mine in Yugumo. 

[LBAS]
655 posts
7,786 battles
4 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Whaat?

Everyone doing the mission in co-op? In less than a day? Talk about easy.

It's a mission. It's supposed to be hard.

Drink some wet concrete and toughen up guys..

I'm doing mine in Yugumo. 

:Smile_great::Smile_medal:

[KGHSF]
3,250 posts
6,215 battles

until I passed stage one I wasted a lot of the time 

(steal killing,not appear,different spawn)

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
21 hours ago, Lowyat said:

Probably around 10 matches or more if i realize it was t8 above only after about halfway finished. wasted a few hundred nagato secondary ribbons which could have saved me some time if i paid attention to details.

Happened to me, too, at stages 2 and 3. Was unusual that with every new stage, you needed ships from another tier up.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts
7,273 battles
5 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Not everyone. Only the smart ones. :Smile_glasses:

:Smile_sad:

5 posts
1,531 battles

Kiev is the only tier 8 ship I have for the mission...

5b098df00a83f_Screenshot(73).thumb.png.737b524f288f87d2912f2b4434a3831a.png

Its not impossible, but very painful nonetheless xaxaxaxa

Every match I always cheer the little special DD secondary turret on.

Go, little one! Keep firing at the enemy BBs before you get destroyed! :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Ernikat

112 posts
1,553 battles

Interesting commander though. You get 35% increased torp detection on Vigilance instead of 25%, and 10% consumable reload instead of 5%. Seems to be a survivability focused build:?

That being said I've never bothered with Vigilance before since I have hydro so XD

1,050 posts
7,786 battles
2 hours ago, Dire_Venom said:

That being said I've never bothered with Vigilance before since I have hydro so XD

Hydro or no hydro, Vigilance is not a very popular skill choice.