Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CompassRose72

[0.7.11.1] Compass Rose Anime Skins (USA Ships)

15 comments in this topic

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

pMz5zA4.png

Update November 23rd, 2018 for version 0.7.11.1

Since early September of 2017, I've been making skins with an anime theme to them.  As the skins started to pile up, I realized it would be better if I segmented them by nation before the main thread got out of control.  With the release of 0.7.5 on the horizon, I wanted to start by re-posting the skins I've done for the US tech tree.  I'll post the download link below with the release of 7.5, and as I continue to make skins for the US line I'll continually update the thread.

You can follow me, as well as @SwedishFox_na on our discord server:  https://discord.gg/z58ByKX

USA Ship Bundle Zip file:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpi3ox299incij2/CR_ShipBundle_USA.zip/file

• Contains the ships themselves that I've completed
  • All textures related to the US tech tree.  From catapults to range finders, they're all in there.
  • All ship preview icons for the US tech tree

**  Make sure to unzip the file directly to the res_mods\0.7.11.1 directory

Also, after the 0.7.9.0 update, it is better to start with a blank res_mods\0.7.11.1 folder as the changes to the file structure on the client end were significant.  Old mods and ship textures will likely crash your client.

Below is a running list of ships I've completed, and things I've started to work on.  As I've done since the beginning, I'll keep this original post updated as frequently as I can, so you can use it as a one-stop shop for all the work I've done.  If you're interested in pics, then by all means comb through the thread and have a closer look.

If you have a favorite ship you want skinned, or a particular anime you want represented then don't hesitate to post your request.

US Cruisers (0.7.5 Post-Split)

Tier 1 Cruiser -- Erie -- Shelter Anime Short
Tier 2 Cruiser -- Chester -- SMG Montage 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 2 Cruiser (Premium) Albany -- M14 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 3 Cruiser -- St. Louis -- Bluesey Fluesey 'Taboo Tattoo'
Tier 4 Cruiser -- Phoenix -- Small arms montage 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 5 Cruiser -- Omaha -- Omaha / Richmond / Raliegh 'Azur Lane'
Tier 6 Cruiser -- Pensacola -- Pensacola / Salt Lake City 'Azur Lane'
Tier 6 Cruiser -- Dallas -- Northampton / Chicago / Houston 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Cruiser -- New Orleans -- Wichita 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Cruiser -- Helena -- Helena / St. Louis 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Cruiser (Premium) -- Indianapolis / Portland -- Indianapolis 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Cruiser (Premium) -- Atlanta -- Mumei 'Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress'  Completed October 20th, 2017
Tier 7 Cruiser (Premium) -- Flint -- San Diego 'Azur Lane'
Tier 8 Cruiser -- Baltimore -- M1 Garand 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 8 Cruiser -- Cleveland -- Cleveland 'Azur Lane'  Completed April 27th, 2018
Tier 9 Cruiser -- Buffalo -- LWMMG 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 9 Cruiser -- Seattle -- M950A 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 10 Cruiser -- Des Moines -- SOPMOD II 'Girls Frontline'  Completed December 18th, 2017
Tier 10 Cruiser -- Worcester -- 'Harukana Receive'  Completed August 2nd, 2018
Tier 10 Cruiser (Premium) -- Salem -- 'Girls Frontline' Halloween Theme  Completed December 21st, 2017

US Destroyers

Tier 2 Destroyer -- Sampson
Tier 2 Destroyer (Premium) Smith
Tier 3 Destroyer -- Wickes
Tier 4 Destroyer -- Clemson
Tier 5 Destroyer -- Nicholas -- Nicholas 'Azur Lane'
Tier 6 Destroyer -- Farragut
Tier 7 Destroyer -- Mahan -- Cassin / Downes 'Azur Lane'  Completed January 11th, 2018
Tier 7 Destroyer (Premium) Sims -- Sims / Hammann 'Azur Lane'
Tier 8 Destroyer -- Benson -- Laffey 'Azur Lane'  Completed January 27th, 2018
Tier 8 Destroyer (Premium) -- Kidd (Mirror of 'Chung Mu')  Completed December 22nd, 2017
Tier 9 Destroyer -- Fletcher -- Saya Sassamiya 'The Asterisk War'  Completed November 5th, 2017
Tier 9 Destroyer (Premium) Black -- (Mirror of Fletcher)  Completed November 5th, 2017
Tier 10 Destroyer -- Gearing -- Mk23 'Girls Frontline'  Completed March 7th, 2018

US Battleships

Tier 3 Battleship -- South Carolina -- M1918 BAR 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 4 Battleship -- Wyoming -- 1903 Springfield 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 4 Battleship (Beta) -- Arkansas Beta -- 1903 Springfield 'Girls Frontline' (Summer outfit)
Tier 5 Battleship -- New York -- Revi 'Black Lagoon'
Tier 5 Battleship (Premium) Texas -- Colt 45 Revolver 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 6 Battleship -- New Mexico -- Vector 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 6 Battleship (Premium) -- Arizona -- Arizona 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Battleship -- Colorado -- Faye Valentine 'Cowboy Bebop'
Tier 8 Battleship -- North Carolina -- North Carolina / Washington 'Azur Lane' -- In Progress
Tier 8 Battleship (Premium) -- Alabama -- Mashu Kyrielight 'Fate / Grand Order'  Completed November 9th, 2017 
Tier 8 Battleship (Premium) -- Massachusetts -- Mashu Kyrielight 'Fate / Grand Order'  Completed November 9th, 2017 
Tier 9 Battleship -- Iowa -- Iowa 'Kantai Collection'
Tier 9 Battleship (Premium) -- Missouri -- Missouri 'Warship Girls R'
Tier 10 Battleship -- Montana -- AR-15 'Girls Frontline'

US Carriers

Tier 4 Carrier -- Langley -- Langley 'Azur Lane'  Completed January 16th, 2018
Tier 5 Carrier -- Bogue -- Bogue 'Azur Lane'
Tier 6 Carrier -- Independence -- M16A1 'Girls Frontline'
Tier 7 Carrier -- Ranger -- Ranger 'Azur Lane'
Tier 7 Carrier (Premium) Saipan -- RFB 'Girls Frontline'  Completed February 2nd, 2018
Tier 8 Carrier -- Lexington -- Saratoga 'Kantai Collection'  Completed October 2nd, 2017
Tier 8 Carrier (Premium) -- Enterprise -- Enterprise 'Azur Lane'  Completed May 2nd, 2018
Tier 9 Carrier -- Essex -- Intrepid 'Kantai Collection'
Tier 10 Carrier -- Midway -- Charlotte E. Yeager 'Strike Witches'

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

With the American carriers I wanted to go with an industrial age theme that advanced as you went up the line.  So for the tier 4 Langley I wanted a steampunk theme to her.  So I went crazy.  It looks the best in the naval drydock with all the machinery around it.

Spoiler

AHJwcGc.jpg

wZhQKmm.jpg

PYNnhcB.jpg

Vhebpbn.jpg

tuVTBjm.jpg

gIKEqwF.jpg

PomUjit.jpg

pGCLaGv.jpg

xB8nvqp.jpg

SPxfhW0.jpg

u35nxLK.jpg

WuMRhQX.jpg

q4RoCYB.jpg

RFB from 'Girls Frontline' was orginally going to be on the Pensacola, as the actual firearm is manufactured in the same state of Florida.  However when I learned the Saipan was stationed for a long period of time in Pensacola, I thought the generous amount of fan art I had on RFB would benefit from a larger canvas.  Also, with Alan Shepard earning his aviator wins on the Saipan, I couldn't resist a reference to the movie 'The Right Stuff'.

Spoiler

VYBBxzg.jpg

YtYoPyA.jpg

BdgC4m9.jpg

UqwUFT2.jpg

TZyFh2R.jpg

EipiIO3.jpg

50LfRxo.jpg

fiMrdZ0.jpg

16OpenL.jpg

UEoZ37Z.jpg

e7PF6vc.jpg

pICwpQP.jpg

When news of the Azur Lane collaboration broke, the Enterprise became a #1 priority.  I absolutely loathe skinning aircraft carriers as they are by far the most time-consuming monstrosity to paint correctly.  Howver once complete they look awesome.  I'm glad I put in the extra time to make her look her best.

Spoiler

aOT1fyM.jpg

h7kgqVR.jpg

q35ycEz.jpg

1zp2G6i.jpg

AA81Bcq.jpg

NwZypE5.jpg

zFvfviH.jpg

fn1Xc2j.jpg

wsNM2Rr.jpg

qoKZn8g.jpg

QdCKr8R.jpg

eTq4eEh.jpg

p2zocyF.jpg

lVbITJd.jpg

NLHusL6.jpg

20pb5NH.jpg

j2tNMuu.jpg

CIVuHIz.jpg

With so many ship skins with a 'Kantai Collection' theme from the Pravda team, I didn't want to start off with the same theme.  But after I did a few ships, the temptation was too great.  This was especially true for shipgirls from nations other than Japan.  Since I didn't see any Lexington skins in my search, Sarah became the first project.  It was my first carrier, and another earlier work.  Only the B hull is painted.  So this ship is on the list for a remodel.

Spoiler

ES1isUc.jpg

FmjcMGy.jpg

WGeGntS.jpg

QiNjfTh.jpg

lqueenS.jpg

7AUl04q.jpg

5j0Zu48.jpg

nQax8SY.jpg

o2vzvFG.jpg

MlmFZYi.jpg

kuqRtgH.jpg

TpOCqhO.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

The Alabama and the Massachusetts aren't exactly clones.  The deckhouses were different enough that I had to re-trace some of the hull texture, but it wasn't that much of a chore.  For the time being, both ships share the same skin.  I am however, thinking about putting Azur Lane South Dakota on the Mass.  When I'm satisfied I have enough fan art, look for the two sister ships to go their separate ways.

Spoiler

li8dZaB.jpg

reehcGm.jpg

lWfDAk1.jpg

tJKQaJY.jpg

ongfv2g.jpg

HnpJ5PL.jpg

0VxxxZJ.jpg

1jG9EPj.jpg

hkapDNH.jpg

HlVhitX.jpg

6vUCvRC.jpg

JJj37Ux.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

I was surprised to see the US Destroyers in Azur Lane begin at such a high tier on the World of Warships tech tree.  Even though they are starting to work backwards a little bit with the introduction of the Nicholas, the lower tiers are going to be tricky.  Still I was lucky to have Cassin and Downes available for the Mahan.  Especially Cassin.  She quickly became a personal favorite.

Spoiler

KavYhGm.jpg

R40sdP1.jpg

FHQj5P5.jpg

SmVzhNW.jpg

nBIFx70.jpg

PfaR09I.jpg

OeLh0wP.jpg

1ZNipwR.jpg

FTp9zLd.jpg

mfMo7sP.jpg

Originally the Benson was going to be featuring 'Azur Lane' Benson.  That was until I saw how popular another Benson-class shipgirl was.  Laffey took control of things.  Her recent alternative outfit even forced a refresh of the broadside graphics.

Spoiler

5zI78RF.jpg

fLi9ZaH.jpg

Yvh9UhB.jpg

fSQUrhP.jpg

ISX8YJ1.jpg

hke5Rbr.jpg

SrKe0zS.jpg

YVK1RI1.jpg

s8Jp9XO.jpg

WQLQGC4.jpg

7riN09U.jpg

b2J426M.jpg

Kirin Toudou from 'The Asterisk War' was an early choice for the tier 9 Pan-Asian DD 'Chung Mu'.  But before the line was released I realized that the US DD 'Kidd' shared the same texture map and I ended up transferring the skin over.  The Chung Mu has become a candidate for the 'Girls Frontline' character K-2.  So we'll see what the future holds.

Spoiler

dWBGvHk.jpg

dfOOuYd.jpg

6Fxs7Sm.jpg

OXbPnzG.jpg

KvMV36a.jpg

coOBff3.jpg

EyUZRyU.jpg

O9Nnwm8.jpg

RWlVsUm.jpg

lnasuI4.jpg

When selecting characters for the US Destroyer line I was looking for characters that were synonymous with firearms and had that 'mighty mite' quality to them.  Saya Sasamiya from 'The Asterisk War' immediately popped to mind.  I was already in a quandry because I couldn't decide which girl from the series I wanted to have represent one of my ships.  So I made the only logical choice and selected all of my favorites.  Saya went to the Fletcher, Kirin to the Chung Mu / Kidd and Julius to the DM Donskoi.

Spoiler

8d2xaKu.jpg

37fykbJ.jpg

JFfEVBx.jpg

ful7gJ3.jpg

mf3rRhO.jpg

5Go8Htv.jpg

2WORIo7.jpg

V7XqvtM.jpg

1COg3Q9.jpg

qQzQxeb.jpg

Some of my favorite characters were slated to go on tier 10s as those were the ships I was most likely to keep.  It's no conincidence then that two of my favorite American hand guns from 'Girls Frontline' went on Tier 10 Destroyers.  Grizzly MkV went on the Yueyang while Mk23 went to the Gearing.  It does make the grind more rewarding when a cutie is waiting for you at the end.

Spoiler

yCZMkPD.jpg

VpIQwlP.jpg

4eCPMjz.jpg

bqU6BNR.jpg

nvN6R6N.jpg

doLKXNl.jpg

inlDXXJ.jpg

5PWsApE.jpg

DdKHHNp.jpg

uD6eCti.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

During the early seasons of 'The Walking Dead', Atlanta was called 'The Zombie Capitol of the World'.  Being filmed and set in the city, it was the perfect choice to pair with the anime 'Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress'.  The project became my Halloween skin for 2017.

Spoiler

xMOpwj5.jpg

szPhMlD.jpg

ETrwL4k.jpg

VcxAD5h.jpg

qVPAjY7.jpg

yl1SJxv.jpg

jJfb6f0.jpg

8tf1Mb7.jpg

0xisfMC.jpg

nXalRow.jpg

While the Enterprise was my first priority from Azur Lane, Cleveland wasn't far behind.  And Cleveland ended up getting completed a week before Enterprise.  Both turned out very well and they are actually my most recent works.

Spoiler

KuXV26X.jpg

WECcv8q.jpg

kv5W1i3.jpg

LCGEXuZ.jpg

iJXXmlf.jpg

t8aC6I5.jpg

fBGyv3G.jpg

fDchy7S.jpg

QaAnvCY.jpg

6Bm7IPV.jpg

KwEErQA.jpg

HrqqSiL.jpg

I thought putting SOPMOD II on a ship as large as the Des Moines was going to be tricky.  Luckily, one of my discord associates is a big fan of SOPMOD.  In 15 minutes I had enough fan art of her to coat any ship with her image, but the Des Moines was a good choice.

Spoiler

nTQMRcu.jpg

qmDX05F.jpg

LqPCdIG.jpg

aKheJYv.jpg

Z1nILSc.jpg

XubU5xn.jpg

xFnKJUc.jpg

06gtNOM.jpg

o0pYSHb.jpg

h6Fl0T3.jpg

QT2xgi8.jpg

J1FQiH6.jpg

The Salem was a fun project as I quite enjoy holiday-themed skins.  And being a clone of the Des Moines, it didn't take long to transfer the outline over and save lots of time.  'Girls Frontline' has an extended assortment of characters in Halloween alternative outfits, so I grabbed as many American characters as I could for the skin.  Even Azur Lane's Cleveland makes a visit.  However WA-2000 makes a cameo for Germany as well as China's Type 64.  In Type 64's case, she was the best choice to lead the broadside with on a ship named 'Salem'.

Spoiler

8DBKzpc.jpg

X9rjenn.jpg

ZiCV9yf.jpg

uTTtcli.jpg

NMLrBeJ.jpg

V3Q1MGJ.jpg

Pe4sh3u.jpg

fwKXDAa.jpg

zAOkz6Z.jpg

r2JKkrz.jpg

I wanted to get back to anime series themes and the Worchester was a perfect subject for one.  A warship with a lob shot meets an anime series about beach volleyball.  "Harukana Receive" had substantially large promotional material related to the series launch.  I had larger graphics than I was accustomed to, so it came together rather rapidly.  The material was substantial and I filled in the rest with some screencaps from the early episodes.  Enjoy this summertime treat.

Spoiler

xW7qKEo.jpg

v74laVz.jpg

FgkUL2r.jpg

CnDjoId.jpg

CyRinB7.jpg

LVaHocz.jpg

iLAkBe5.jpg

XTkVnAm.jpg

Dojhm4n.jpg

fXbp08a.jpg

sC8og4M.jpg

W3j7Ubc.jpg

Edited by CompassRose72

Modder
44 posts
297 battles
45 minutes ago, Kinhcotolom said:

Good day.

Did you use any scripts modifications in your pack ?

No scripts.  No modifications to the script.zip, as per the forum instructions.

Edited by CompassRose72

[LBAS]
4,568 posts
25,961 battles

Threats of out of Game Violence, User Sanctioned, Post Modified
~tc1259

Just a note to everyone here from your friendly Moderator here, if you don't like someone or you disagree with them, don't threaten violence. Just simply ignore there posts and move on with your life. It'll make everyone's day just that little bit better!

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

The Worchester has been given a fresh coat of paint.  Theme is 'Harukana Receive'.  Pics have been posted above with the rest of the upper-tier cruisers and the zip file has been updated.  Enjoy!

Modder
44 posts
297 battles

Changelog for 0.7.10.0

• No changes or additions to the ships themselves, but checked for patch compliance.  0.7.10.0 ready.

For those that can't get enough anime skins, I recommend joining our discord that is linked at the start of the thread.  I currently have ship bundles for Germany, Japan, and Russia that aren't available here in the forums.  The bundles don't contain many ships (yet) but they do feature some of my latest work.

CFfHBf2.jpg

RLvffFv.jpg

XyLjWGV.jpg

Sign in to follow this