Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Rank Salt with RNG BS

69 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles
45 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Not in this season. I play for the team initially. 

But if I see selfish play, I play more aggressively on the verge of yolo for fun. Good luck playing for top loser. I might as well have fun and bring the hard to play ships.

Already got the radar module I wanted, not really interested in playing BB every game for save a star mode. 

Watch my karma points plummet :) 

haha karma points lol

I had 30 when I started rank im now down to 6 lol

yeah sooky la la players who report players for no good reason at all 

its just a reflection of how bad they are as players if they report others for no good reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles
39 minutes ago, keskparane said:

You're worried about it happening for 1 day? :Smile_veryhappy: pfft. I haven't been able to hit a stationary broadside target for about 6 weeks now.

that's not good then

yeah its not so much one day it can be from battle to battle 

ive had RNg change half way through a battle from good to bad and from bad to good as well lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles
7 minutes ago, OtomeprincessTH said:

Yeah. Some ships and entire types of ships are just more RNG reliant than others. 

Can't count the number of times I aim perfectly, only to completely straddle a ship. But that's life, I suppose. Doesn't happen too often to completely ruin my games

ive had it many times ruin battles and losses because of it and its is becoming more noticeable.

and yes I have had really good RNG when you set many fires or get a heap of citadels as well, or your shots just never miss at all.

I just think RNG is way over the top and needs to be turned down a bit.

I have had many battles that have been really good and you either just win or just lose, I have no problem in losing a battle if I am out played or I stuff up and did the wrong thing, But when you notice RNG is having a big effect on the battle then that is not good.

I don't like the one sided battles that end up 12-0 to me that is just BS and RNG is heavily favouring one side over the other and that is not fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[AMPOL]
Member
67 posts
12,976 battles
2 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

well yes that is what is happening today minimum damage 

RNG stands out like dogs balls when it full on in your favour or totally against you when playing 

I just want it even and fair for all players in a battle and let a players skill win the battle not let RNG win or lose the battle for players 

NO im not one to farm damage I do the team thing, I play for the team not for myself.

Yup... Since they decided to even up MM they had to figure out another way of giving an advantage to one team... you know, that Skill Leveling System...

 

Seems they are using RNG more now...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,212 battles
56 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

haha karma points lol

I had 30 when I started rank im now down to 6 lol

yeah sooky la la players who report players for no good reason at all 

its just a reflection of how bad they are as players if they report others for no good reason

They report because they felt that they lost the game because of my aggressive play. 

Except you call out for rader dont get it, call out for BB support nope they rather shoot another BB for top loser instead of shooting the DD for the win. 

Its gotten this bad that I announce free kill to the other team and go auto pilot and die. 

If WG stuffed up the XP gain this season so badly. Why even play properly  ill play for laughs instead. At least im giving those BB spammers grief. They cant all save a star right everytime lol. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[HMAS_]
Member
2,045 posts
14,347 battles

Its because they only tunnel vision! They are selfish because they want a big kill like a bb or carrier, if a DD is close to them:-, the don't give a shit, they want a big kill, not a strategic kill OR a helpful kill. Then they end up being killed themselves for what????  Some points against a bb.... They don't think about cap denial or helping teammates... They are selfish.. All they care about is themselves....

That's the type of crap we  have 

To put up with.....

Ordrazz

 

Edited by Ordrazz
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles

yes it really is sad 

that's why I stop playing rank as skill has very little to do with anything 

its all about RNG and the way they use MM to control wins and losses 

Rank shouldn't be RNG controlled at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[HMAS_]
Member
2,045 posts
14,347 battles
10 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

yes it really is sad 

that's why I stop playing rank as skill has very little to do with anything 

its all about RNG and the way they use MM to control wins and losses 

Rank shouldn't be RNG controlled at all.

 

I gave up ranked nearly as soon as it started, I get more fun in lower tiers...

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
414
[SH0T]
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles

I found T8 ranked ok this season. T10 on the other hand is a pile of garbage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[911]
Member
367 posts
10,299 battles

Why does everyone seem to refer to RNG as some sort of quantifiable entity that can be turned off/on/up/down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles
1 hour ago, Moldavia said:

Why does everyone seem to refer to RNG as some sort of quantifiable entity that can be turned off/on/up/down?

ummm

because its a major part of the game that has  been programed into it

it affects everything that happens in the game other than you as a player picking the speed of your boat and where you sail your boat.

you press the fire button and RNG takes over.

RNG can determine if you win or lose 

Edited by yobbo1972
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[911]
Member
367 posts
10,299 battles
32 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

ummm

because its a major part of the game that has  been programed into it

it affects everything that happens in the game other than you as a player picking the speed of your boat and where you sail your boat.

you press the fire button and RNG takes over.

RNG can determine if you win or lose 

But you can't just point your guns in the direction of the target and expect every shell to hit, the random number generator is just used to simulate real life gunnery conditions where ship pitch/roll, variations in cordite quality/quantity, projectile manufacturing variations, barrel condition, weather conditions, etc all contribute to make gunnery a somewhat hit or miss (pun intended) affair.

Presumably historic data for the various gun types were used to determine their dispersion ellipses and sigmas and the rng is tuned to simulate how they actually performed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[VEU]
Member
382 posts
12,763 battles
1 hour ago, Moldavia said:

But you can't just point your guns in the direction of the target and expect every shell to hit, the random number generator is just used to simulate real life gunnery conditions where ship pitch/roll, variations in cordite quality/quantity, projectile manufacturing variations, barrel condition, weather conditions, etc all contribute to make gunnery a somewhat hit or miss (pun intended) affair.

Presumably historic data for the various gun types were used to determine their dispersion ellipses and sigmas and the rng is tuned to simulate how they actually performed. 

Why would you apply real life logic to a game where a ship can press a button to heal back 40% hp in 20s and radar works through islands lol. This is an arcade game, not a simulation. Changes that make people feel more comfortable should always take precedence over historical performance.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[REPOI]
Beta Tester
956 posts
19,212 battles

Ahhhh... Felt good yesterday bringing a grosevoi into ranked or rushing a shima and getting sunk 2 mins in :) 

Kharb rushing a full hp repub and sinking it. 

Many reports and many stars lost hahaha. Maybe i should do it closer to end of season.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[FISH]
Member
405 posts
31,210 battles
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Ahhhh... Felt good yesterday bringing a grosevoi into ranked or rushing a shima and getting sunk 2 mins in :) 

Kharb rushing a full hp repub and sinking it. 

Many reports and many stars lost hahaha. Maybe i should do it closer to end of season.

I got 28 reports in 1 night of ranked last week, cause I spent the entire night making sure one particular player who had intentionally team killed me lose ranks. I got him every game. If he was enemy team = zen mode hyper carry, if he's in my team = very questionable gameplay, lose the game (hes not good enough to save a star).

I was rank 10 anyways, I dragged him from R6 to R10 that night. God only knows how many innocent bystanders got caught in the brushfire :)

 

Edited by Pervis117
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[-BRO-]
Member
541 posts
18 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Complains about 17k HE salvo? Seriously? Conqueror is BS BB anyway. I bet the Montana who set you on fire didn't get over 8k dmg with his HE salvo.

It's about RNG not damage I caused to him with HE,Conqueror has about 53-54% of fire chance,higher than Montana a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[EX0]
Member
365 posts
17,965 battles

3 fires from a salvo. damagecon, another salvo sets 3 fires.

ed130959b66eed80b79dec0a72185c4bea1e5f1b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles
7 hours ago, Lowyat said:

3 fires from a salvo. damagecon, another salvo sets 3 fires.

ed130959b66eed80b79dec0a72185c4bea1e5f1b

smells like RNG cooking up a storm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts
16,469 battles

Also this goes out to all the sooks in rank who report other players because they lose the battle.

yes I'm talking to you  the salty sooks,

reporting players is just a reflection on yourself and just how bad you are as a player.

reporting other players does not and will not help you in any way what so ever, so grow up and be a real person about it and not some sooky la la 

just play the game and if you lose then you lose, being a sook about it just makes you look even worse than the bad player that you already are and as such  you will remain a bad player.

stop being a salty sook 

Edited by yobbo1972

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×