You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColonelRVH

How come there's no topic about the Unique Commander sales so far?

53 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,000 battles

The commanders are duplicates of existing ones in the game which you could have earned for free.

It took me like 8 hours to earn the German commander. And I missed out on the Russian commander due to tooonnnnes of exams and work. So I was able to buy that commander.

If it were commanders with skills exclusive to being purchased and you couldn't earn in game, I'd be annoyed.

[LNA]
1,694 posts
10,542 battles
3 hours ago, PGM991 said:

he really hate it though

Notser point isnt convincing.

Unlike WoT which is a fast paced game , in WoWS the game is fairly slow paced , you have TIME to set up yourself or doing your stuff while playing. The upgraded skill provide very minor bonus and the impact is not MAJOR since the game is slow paced. Its not like 20s of turret traverse is different than 22 or 23s since you wait quite long anyway.

1,386 posts
9,069 battles

What WG should have done was limit these commanders to one per account and introduce permanent campaigns to allow newer players to obtain them. Players who have these commanders can perhaps get elite captain xp instead.

While I understand that putting them up for sale was done so players who missed out on them previously can get them, doing it this way IS kinda pay-to-win. Unlike the anime captains, these special captains have in-game advantages that other captains do not offer. I can put down some money and get a 10-point captain that is better than other 10-point captains. Now some may argue that the special commanders' advantages aren't a big enough impact, but the fact is it does have a impact (whether it is a big or small impact is another issue entirely).

Personally I am thinking of getting the French captain. I am already using the first one as my French BB captain, but this new one I can put on the cruisers.

[LBAS]
4,577 posts
25,985 battles

here we go, but turn back a little bit

2016 the first 10 points standard commander can obtain though campaigns and a marathon

before 2017 you buy a premium ship and you got no 10 points standard commander

2017 ok 10 points standard commanders came along with premium ships

Unique commander and legendary commander can only obtain by hard work on short time event or hardcore campaigns like Dunkirk and Yamamoto

2018 u must work very hard to get unique French commander from campaigns

and now WG selling 10 points unique commanders in premium shops

whats next selling 19 points standard commanders and legendary commanders in premium shops?

1,386 posts
9,069 battles
1 hour ago, Broken_2016 said:

i cant even see the commanders for sale in the premium shop ?

Make sure you are logged in when you are in the shop.

1,050 posts
7,727 battles

In general, I would say great idea. It is an alternative to training a 10 pt captain with 183,000 command XP or doing one of the captain marathons. Some people may have the money, but not the time and vice versa.

Here in NZ, the price is NZ$ 17. For a 10 pt captain with some slightly improved skills, I find that is a lot of money. I wonder how they come up with this pricing.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

so how many players are buying these commanders?

even tho you can earn commanders with these skills as well?

1,137 posts

hmm... wish WG made Commander buy from premium shop are 'premuim commander' that can be put in any ship of same nation without retraining...

well... premium ship can take any Commander without retraining

so... premium Commander can take any ship without retraining.

LOGIC!! :cap_like:

461 posts
8,515 battles

The problem Notser has isn't that you can buy special commanders or buy commanders at all. It is that people buying these commanders are getting two "unique" commanders when everyone else had to work hard just to get the one. Basically by paying you get twice as much "win" as someone who earned the others but didn't pay.

I can sorta see his point, but also it's not that different to premium ships (especially the OP ones) so I dunno.

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Bought john doe because one seagal wasnt enough. 

:) now  the des monies is a mega fun ship. 

What am I missing here Slam?

A 25 second time for 180 degree turret movement compared to  26.5 seconds with normal EM?  The shell change times can be significant (from 5.5 seconds to around 1.4 seconds) but not something I would pay $16 for.    My SeagullDoe commander never left the Misery as the 45 second traverse time and 30 second load time seemed to make it worthwhile leaving him there

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,481 battles
7 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

What am I missing here Slam?

A 25 second time for 180 degree turret movement compared to  26.5 seconds with normal EM?  The shell change times can be significant (from 5.5 seconds to around 1.4 seconds) but not something I would pay $16 for.    My SeagullDoe commander never left the Misery as the 45 second traverse time and 30 second load time seemed to make it worthwhile leaving him there

The 1 sec AP switch means you rarely miss a broadside chance at turning cruisers or destroyers. 

My montana has the other captain. 6sec switchs are useful too. 

Edited by SlamUez

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
38 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

The 1 sec AP switch means you rarely miss a broadside chance at turning cruisers or destroyers. 

My montana has the other captain. 6sec switchs are useful too. 

Fair enough.  Once I did the calcs I thought that may have been the reason.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Yeah I think the $15-16 price is a bit over the top for a commander like this. they should be $8-$10 

But I guess the greed at WG is becoming more real.

just like the skin price of the hood being $21 for 1 skin is a bit over the top as well.

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
16 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

Yeah I think the $15-16 price is a bit over the top for a commander like this. they should be $8-$10 

But I guess the greed at WG is becoming more real.

just like the skin price of the hood being $21 for 1 skin is a bit over the top as well.

It'ss only overpriced if people wont buy it, and it seems people are happy to part with their money.  I wouldn't spend that kind of money on them.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

yes aren't that the truth.

and some players just think well there's nothing I can do about that and just spend, spend, spend, but they are wrong.

if players complain enough and dislike  what WG are doing then they will have to listen to the player base or lose money and lose more and more players.

I thought about buying the skins and the commanders but not at that price I just cant justify  spending that sort of money  on something so small compared to a ship.

even tho I can afford it easy. (mining industry)

just like I haven't spent any money on buying tier 8 premium ships, all the ones I have got I have  gotten from Santa creates.

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles

I buy where I see value.

I buy prem time when its discounted.  I buy santa crates because the returns are good.    The only ships I bought a MK and  Belfast because there is value in them.  I cant see value in buying these commanders.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

yes you can get the commanders for free in game no problems there.

just the price they are asking for players to pay for them is a bit over the top, yes you get flags etc with them as well but you cant keep the flags, once used they are gone and you keep the commander.

the price is too much for what they give you in game which isn't all that much.

yes players will see it as pay to win as they can double up on these commanders.

im the same I will buy things if I see value in the item I want to buy.

As said I haven't paid for a single tier 8 ship as they are way over priced  I have 8 of them and I got them all from creates and not paid full price.

I wont buy a ship that's over $55au  as it is not worth it.