You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Thoughts on the current CV meta in low tier

11 comments in this topic

295 posts
4,416 battles

I have no problem with CVs in the game. Let's get that straight up front. In fact I welcome the disruption they bring to the overly static gameplay that is otherwise the norm in most random battles.

The problem I have is that not enough people play CVs, and the people that do play CVs seem to stay at T4 rather than move to higher tiers.

There are very few ships at T4-T5 ships with good AA, those that do are anyway rare. We are, for the most parts, sitting ducks to a skilled V-drop. A 4CV T4-5 battle ends up race between the CVs for who can sink the most ships the fastest. It is more efficient for the CVs to play an aggressive strike loadout than to provide support in the form of spotting or air cover to the other ships in the team, so everyone else just sits in a queue waiting to be deleted. Gameplay devolves to just trying to avoid being perceived as a priority threat. F6 might as well be disabled.

"If everyone is sealclubbing, nobody is sealclubbing."

True. If all the T4-5 ships were as skilled as the CVs, the easy kills for the CVs are taken away and more cooperative gameplay encouraged. More players with BFT/AFT, more able to survive a V-drop, etc. then maybe CV would start to think air superiority wouldn't be a waste of resources. As things stand, I wish they'd go play T5-7, so I could make my Cleveland actually useful once in a while outside of operations.

/end(very minor)rant

Edited by Rina_Pon

129 posts

this is already issu countless time i address. we should make low tier CV less appealing for pesky seal clubber. remove manual is silly and ONLY CAUSE MORE TROUBLE for noob CV at T6.

what i suggest already but never implemented

1. max 1 CV on each team (this solve a lot of problem seriously)

2. ban CV for doing division (BALANCE between solo player and non division player. no stupid hosho texas division!)

3. REDUCE CV torpedo damage by 50% for T4, 40% for T5 and T6. T4 and T5 torpedo NEVER CAUSE FLOODING!

4. bring back manual strafe BUT with lesser ammo use and -50% damage multiplier for ALL TIER

5. bring back manual drop for lower tier. damage is adjusted... so why mad?

6. delete AS commander skill  and replace with EXPERT DIVEBOMBER ACE. +1 divebomber in squad, 100% rear gunner damage and HP BUFF by 30%!

7. wider all dispersion of TB by 10%, increase rearming time +1.5 sec..... BUT INCREASE RANGE by 2x. so if AA ship CA/BB passive camping..... say hello..... a longer rearming time will make DD or speedy BB able to ncrease dodge chance instead of point blank range.

8. bring back MIDWAY hangar! bring back all T10 plane! DONT NERF MIDWAY! BUFF HAKURYU!!! +10 hangar fighter, +10% all plane speed.

9. AP divebomber have plane speed and HP reduced by 15% compared to HE DB

NERF PESKY AADF muliplier for DD become 2x, and cruiser 1.5x.

no invis AA, ship inside the smoke firing AA will become visible for 10 sec!

we dont need to nerf saipan exit strafe... JUST BUFF other CV with FREE EXIT STRAFE, yet eat double ammo compared to normal strafe.

T4~T5 cruiser got AADF for 10 sec~15 sec in exchange of hydro or smoke for RNCL. higher tier RNCL can have AADF now in exchange of smoke or radar.

all CV have AADF that last for

DD spotted by CV have +25% dispersion when targeted.

2,176 posts
13,504 battles
34 minutes ago, Balzarknam said:

1. max 1 CV on each team (this solve a lot of problem seriously)

2. ban CV for doing division (BALANCE between solo player and non division player. no stupid hosho texas division!)

I think these are good ideas. The rest I don't go for much. Don't know about 8 coz I ain't played T10 cv.

[LNA]
1,624 posts
10,256 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I have no problem with CVs in the game. Let's get that straight up front. In fact I welcome the disruption they bring to the overly static gameplay that is otherwise the norm in most random battles.

The problem I have is that not enough people play CVs, and the people that do play CVs seem to stay at T4 rather than move to higher tiers.

There are very few ships at T4-T5 ships with good AA, those that do are anyway rare. We are, for the most parts, sitting ducks to a skilled V-drop. A 4CV T4-5 battle ends up race between the CVs for who can sink the most ships the fastest. It is more efficient for the CVs to play an aggressive strike loadout than to provide support in the form of spotting or air cover to the other ships in the team, so everyone else just sits in a queue waiting to be deleted. Gameplay devolves to just trying to avoid being perceived as a priority threat. F6 might as well be disabled.

"If everyone is sealclubbing, nobody is sealclubbing."

True. If all the T4-5 ships were as skilled as the CVs, the easy kills for the CVs are taken away and more cooperative gameplay encouraged. More players with BFT/AFT, more able to survive a V-drop, etc. then maybe CV would start to think air superiority wouldn't be a waste of resources. As things stand, I wish they'd go play T5-7, so I could make my Cleveland actually useful once in a while outside of operations.

/end(very minor)rant

Atleast let me as a seal clubber enjoy some CV blast. You know how dead and monotomy high tier CV gameplay is right ?

CV gameplay right now is just a master race of who got the better AA wombo combo. Theres no fun in it , for both CV players and the ones fighting the CV.

For low tiers , atleast one of those got to get some fun :cap_book:.

295 posts
4,416 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Atleast let me as a seal clubber enjoy some CV blast. You know how dead and monotomy high tier CV gameplay is right ?

CV gameplay right now is just a master race of who got the better AA wombo combo. Theres no fun in it , for both CV players and the ones fighting the CV.

For low tiers , atleast one of those got to get some fun :cap_book:.

It's an arms race between broken AA premium ships and broken OP premium CVs. For everyone else - both normal CV and everyone else - it's not fun. I don't think it's all that much fun for the premiums either if it comes to that.

T4 attracts CV captains of all skill levels because you get away from that, I agree. I don't think making low tiers less fun is the way forward, but something really needs to be done about making higher tier CV gameplay more attractive.

I think @Balzarknam's idea about restricted to 1 CV per team in T4-5 MM is a good one. Not sure about higher tiers. CVs are so rare that 4/game is almost unheard of anyway.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Alpha Tester
1,605 posts
7,195 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

As things stand, I wish they'd go play T5-7, so I could make my Cleveland actually useful once in a while outside of operations.

Talk about useful. Your Cleveland will soon be tier 8, so you will be able to take part in tier 10 battles.  All those planes:cap_rambo:

Easy fix, without any effort on your part.

581 posts
7,461 battles
49 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Not sure about higher tiers. CVs are so rare that 4/game is almost unheard of anyway.

2 CV in each team is disabled IIRC in high tiers

[LNA]
1,624 posts
10,256 battles
Just now, Gummilicious said:

2 CV in each team is disabled IIRC in high tiers

Yah. They could bring back 2x CV per team for high tiers and see if anything still tread the sea. That would force sheeps to acknowledge the superiority of birds :Smile_teethhappy:

449 posts
8,086 battles

With the CV rework in progress I'd advise you to wait and see what happens.

But yeah T4-5 is where many CV players stay primarily because being T6 and having to play T8 games all the time really really blows as a CV.

270 posts
23,249 battles

I get it that manual drops on T4 and T5 CV's had to be taken away because everyone in the server who didn't play a Bogue or Zuiho complained about it constantly. 

I get it that Wargaming prioritizes that group of whiners over the entire population of new CV players who now enter T6 with zero clue about what manual commands are.

But why in mother loving purgatory do T5 CVs who can't execute manual strafes have to face T6 and T7 CVs who can do so? Can WG even conceive of the implications of that for fighter engagements ?