Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Ranked XP

15 comments in this topic

129 posts

Capping have the biggest XP bonus, a single Kagerou OBTAIN 2K XP without kill but spot and Capping all.

if you compete with some BB that deal 150K damage and kraken... that is the real sheet.

if you are non radar CA captain, you will rant more. since basically nothing you can do to contest BB and DD. 

397 posts
7,206 battles
30 minutes ago, Balzarknam said:

Capping have the biggest XP bonus, a single Kagerou OBTAIN 2K XP without kill but spot and Capping all.

if you compete with some BB that deal 150K damage and kraken... that is the real sheet.

if you are non radar CA captain, you will rant more. since basically nothing you can do to contest BB and DD. 

Im referring to Ranked mostly. DD;s are essential yet they earn very little due to low damage while BB hang back and farm.

129 posts
Just now, dieselhead said:

Im referring to Ranked mostly. DD;s are essential yet they earn very little due to low damage while BB hang back and farm.

yes i am talking about ranked. tell me what can cruiser do in ranked to outdamage BB or fill the objective like DD doing?

i am not talking cruiser being useless in ranked, i am talking about their XP gain is hardly to become top if team lose if a single GG BB captain also exist.

so if you want to play cruiser in ranked, make sure MUSS WIN!

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles
8 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Yup, Highly frustrating. 

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,458 battles
15 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

yes i am talking about ranked. tell me what can cruiser do in ranked to outdamage BB or fill the objective like DD doing?

i am not talking cruiser being useless in ranked, i am talking about their XP gain is hardly to become top if team lose if a single GG BB captain also exist.

so if you want to play cruiser in ranked, make sure MUSS WIN!

Basically cruiser and DD are play to must win. 

I dont even bother playing to save a star. 

If i see any stupid stuff in the game. Ill throw the DD game. Since you wont come top loser anyway. Might as well troll the game. Its getting that tedious I dont want to just play BBs to rank out. 

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

Classic example of a comment from a BB Capt in chat was.., "Lets just wait..." 

Wait for what ? DD and CA too cap and spot so you can sit back sip your Red Bull

and farm. Play the objective or go back to co-op,, pfft !!

397 posts
7,206 battles
1 hour ago, _DuxNutz_ said:

Wait for what ? DD and CA too cap and spot so you can sit back sip your Red Bull

Exactly, playing DD in ranked or competitive is very thankless and your XP earned doesn't reflect your efforts in game.

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

BB.Battleplan

a) plot course away from objective.

b) await DD to spot.

c) pick juiciest target.

d) await DD cap

c) pick juiciest target.

d) ignore DD calling for support in contested cap

e) watch DD die

f) pick juiciest target.

g) call DD noob.

h) collect XP star.

Edited by _DuxNutz_

397 posts
7,206 battles

Flambass did mention on his stream he was going to talk to WG about the imba of playing DD in ranked. Hopefully something comes of it.

181 posts
4,263 battles

Seriously, its completely frustrating if you are playing aggressively in ranked. Even if you secured a cap sacrificing yourself and primary reason for the team's victory or close to it, you are NOT topping the table, THAT'S just a random bloke who sat back sniping.
I have even seen a DD blocking the third cap for almost the entire battle but came LAST(even below the other DD that YOLOed) just because he didn't complete the cap. The XP reward for teamplay is so minor it doesn't even seem to exist. And this is not just about this season, I have been noticing this since last season as well. Gone are the days when WG introduced the Teamplay factors and revolutionized XP and credit rewards.

All that said, the meta as of today is utterly ridiculous and is only encouraging stupidity and individual gameplay. Can we please get back some sense WG? Please stop making 'Sniping BBs' the only way to Rank 1.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
975 posts
5,733 battles
16 hours ago, _DuxNutz_ said:

Funny thing about co-op, you get the most xp in a BB by brawling and capping....sniping gives you nothing. :Smile_izmena:

At least they got the xp system right there :Smile_teethhappy:

112 posts
1,553 battles

In my ranked Games it's either DDs saving a star with caps+torps or Yammies hanging back and just blaping everything.

Sometimes you get a very good Des moins captian who gets top spot.

Shimas seem to do very well, last games 2 Shimas got 5 combined kills and I got the last 2.

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,458 battles

DDs won't save a star in this meta unless they carry like crazy and still lose. 

BB spam your way to rank 1 with yamato AP or conqueror HE. 

Everything else is a waste of time. 

This is season 9 ranked. 

397 posts
7,206 battles
On 28/05/2018 at 5:22 PM, SlamUez said:

DDs won't save a star in this meta unless they carry like crazy and still lose. 

BB spam your way to rank 1 with yamato AP or conqueror HE. 

Everything else is a waste of time. 

This is season 9 ranked. 

Conqueror is such a BS BB. That heal is totally ridiculous. I watched Notser playing and an Alsace out maneuvered and out played him really and yet with the Conqueror new ship button he managed to win the battle. Just completely IMBA. Not to mention the 12k salvo's with 2 fires.......

Sign in to follow this