Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neosten

Signup page always redirecting to KR

6 comments in this topic

2 posts
159 battles

dunno where to put this but if someone can at least point me in the right direction it'd be greatly helpful:

I live in New Zealand. I'm a New Zealander. But when I try to sign up to wargaming site takes to me KOREAN registration.

I used to play WoWs on the Korean server back in 2016 when I spent some years living there and when they had their own server. Now I'm home, bringing nothing with me from that country, and yet everything from my pc, phone, tablet to even a friend's computer takes me to KOREAN signup page when I'm trying to sign up for an ASIA account.

I'm trying to start fresh with an Asia account because I can't purchase anything with this account, due to Korean tax laws and stuff, they won't accept my NZ dollars. Also tried asking for admin help, which obviously gets me Korean customer support, who can't do anything about it - they suggest I get a Wargaming Asia account to purchase and present stuff to this account, missing the entire point that everytime I click signup on wargaming asia, it redirects me INCORRECTLY to /ko with their social identification number verification and all that junk.

I've tried not only with my natural NZ IP, but also used vpn to change my ip to Australia, Phillipines, Malaysia, SINGAPORE, and pretty much every country I can think of that should be legit covered by Asia server, all takes me to KR.

TLDR:all devices and various IPs from Asian nations all directing to KR registration page, what do?

Is this wargaming's way of telling me to play on NA?

455 posts
8,034 battles

Perhaps try playing on the steam client. That account should be linked to your steam account so you might avoid the redirecting problem. (I havent actually tried playing through steam so I'm just guessing)
Or get a playtogether invite from an asian server friend and that should send you to the asia server registration.
The korean server doesnt exist anymore iirc. They merged with the asia server a while back

1,060 posts
3,808 battles

Have you tried logging into the AISA client with your Korean account info?Given the merger of KOR to ASIA,it should  theoretically work.

Also,try this direct link to the ASIA sign up page :

https://asia.wargaming.net/registration/en/?utm_campaign=cmenu_direct&game=wows&utm_medium=5256&lpsn=WoWS+WGNR+reg+full+ASIA+SOI&sid=SID_JxMD6FrQ6OmdSK2dBEThvFpbgX_Kis2uUBsibapfqj7QysyDhpbyBSccQu72HX00UpvfdX3_HBqjSbfDfaV2O7XluUZDPEMWVfAcemu4hYMwKZJt5L8hVyTHfF3cgctHaQznFmzG0gds5u0WFbtEcMnVxM3G50sIio0-lF_imiQOxzL6gICgRPdjWJ6HdnLltEvsJFLGHgDeHcQfQ5wSwOqz5GEq397dXPBiXbHo9N0s8U9SCYByg&utm_source=wotcpu

Also if its like when I go to the NA site,they are always trying to direct me back here! ( I have both ASIA and NA accounts )

2 posts
159 battles

3 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Perhaps try playing on the steam client. That account should be linked to your steam account so you might avoid the redirecting problem. (I havent actually tried playing through steam so I'm just guessing)
Or get a playtogether invite from an asian server friend and that should send you to the asia server registration.
The korean server doesnt exist anymore iirc. They merged with the asia server a while back

Oh cool - Steam worked. I thought they had their own server and couldn't play with wargaming accounts..

Thank you for the help, now to grind through all the tiers again..

1,386 posts
8,063 battles

It's wierd but every time I search WoWs EULA, the page automatically redirects to the KR version.

I live in mainland China, and the system language of my device was set to English, so it should be either Chinese or English version. I haven't been to South Korea and haven't visited KR version of any WG site. The only relationship my setup has in relationship to South Korea is my phone's manufacturer (Samsung)

It really confused me as to why I got redirected to a language that neither my physical location nor my device setting suggested.

Second thought: Bing must be responsible for this:cap_viking:

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

1,060 posts
3,808 battles

Top result through Google from Australia is the NA site when searching for the ' WoWs EULA '. So it must be a browser and/or region thing.

' WoWs Korea' directs straight to this site,with no Korea coming up at least on the first page.No wonder people are getting confused!

Sign in to follow this