You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Question about US CL split

19 comments in this topic

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,531 battles

I just wonder what compensation can players who have already have hight-tier US CL get.

I have a Cleveland and saved 300k exp on it.Will it go to T8 Cleve and help me develop Seattle?

Also I have a Baltimore.It will moved to T8.Will the new T9 be automatically researched?

Also,will the commanders go with the ships?

Edited by User_1145141919810

[LBAS]
4,579 posts
25,995 battles
12 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I just wonder what compensation can players who have already have hight-tier US CL get.

I have a Cleveland and saved 300k exp on it.Will it go to T8 Cleve and help me develop Seattle?

Also I have a Baltimore.It will moved to T8.Will the new T9 be automatically researched?

for 0.7.5 is coming

CA branch << if you have Omaha -> Daemon  << it will stay, only downgrade and 1 new ship, ship' EXP stay with tier; commander stay with ship tier

example: I have 8 points commander on Baltimore(9) >> after 0.7.5 came out << he will be assigned for Buffalo

CL branch << Cleveland T8 is new ship << stock for sure, zero ship EXP

compensation << better be wait for official announcement

Edited by MatterCore

451 posts

I've heard lots of different things about the compensation. 

The only thing that I know for sure and I kicked myself for the Japanese DD split, cause I didn't believe, is that as a rule of thumb, we the players will come out ahead in some way over the split. 

So this time, I got all the ships from T5-T9 sitting in my port. Not screwing myself this time. 

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,913 posts
4,192 battles

Gains gains gains....massive gains...………………………………………… Gaining gaining gaining.    But its the tip of the iceberg.   Freebies.   A whole lot of stuff.  Not maybe...for sure.  Good news.  But theres more.  

trump faces - Imgur.gif

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
975 posts
5,738 battles

From the developers facebook blog. https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/

"We recieve many questions about upcoming US cruiser split and what will become of your vehicles and inventory. So, here are the general rules:

A ship to be replaced will remain available to the player in stock configuration on new tier (In the Port if it was purchased or in the researched state if it was researched).
The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a port slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or will become researched (if the ...replaced ship has been researched).
Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.
For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP.
If a purchased permanent camouflage was mounted on a ship to be replaced, it will remain mounted on this ship and a new permanent camouflage (for the added ship) will be added to the player's account.
Exceptions: Permanent special camouflages for Cleveland and New Orleans will remain with the ships and will NOT appear for ships taking their place in the new tech tree."

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

But in the 7.5 update we are only getting the buffalo and the Cleveland will be moved to tier 8 and the current USN CA moved down one tier and no new CLs 

[LBAS]
4,579 posts
25,995 battles
1 hour ago, HuginnKR said:

It's not half-official... it's totally official... :cap_rambo:

its half-official ........ because the fate of CL still unknown

250 posts
13,363 battles
On 5/17/2018 at 9:28 AM, User_1145141919810 said:

The answer is you get compensation that similar to IJN DD and RU DD split.

Assuming you have all US CA up to T9 what you should get are

- Cleveland, you will get new Pensacola in your port with upgrade (supposedly you have all modules researched) and get new Cleveland at T8 stock 

- Pensacola, you get new New Orleans fully upgraded and your Pensacola at T6 if you have Cleveland and Pensacola already you get credits equal to ship cost at T6

- New Orleans, same deal with old Pensacola with T7 ship cost if you have old Pensacola and old New Orleans 

- Baltimore, you get T8 version and Buffalo ( if you fully upgraded old Baltimore you should get fully upgrade Buffalo as well) at T9, if you have both old New Orleans and Baltimore you should get T8 compensation

For permanent camouflage, you will get camp for ship that being replaced and old ship that now retiered, except new year camo for New Orleans that will stay with New Orleans and Baltimore will not get that camo. At worst case, they could just return you dubloons and take away permacamo.

As for commander, they will stay with tier that original ships used to be placed so your old Cleveland captain will be new Pensacola captain, same goes to Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore 

Lastly, ship XP will say at tier not ship, so your Cleveland XP will be on new Pensacola, (wargaming, maybe make some hard mission that allow us turn XP on Cleveland to free XP for free pls ):cap_cool:

And expect no discount in respect captain and ship specialization. (Which is fair consider you already get so much from split). Just don't try to be NALUL like NA forumties that rampage on their forums right now. :Smile_facepalm:

Better wait and see what official announcement has to say.

:Smile_Default:

Edited by New_Horizontal

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,949 battles

What happened if you have Cleveland Pensacola and New Orleans? You get compensated thrice? 

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,552 battles

just wait and see what happens ,i have retained all cruiser from t5 and unlocked the t10 also added prem camo to  the cleveland its lot cheaper at tier 6 than t8

Edited by stick3

1,050 posts
7,743 battles
On 5/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, Vio_Strygun said:

What happened if you have Cleveland Pensacola and New Orleans? You get compensated thrice?

What makes you think you get compensation? AFAIK, any US cruiser you have in port will be shifted to the new tier, according to this:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/us-cruisers-changes/

364 posts
3,693 battles
3 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

What makes you think you get compensation? AFAIK, any US cruiser you have in port will be shifted to the new tier, according to this:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/us-cruisers-changes/

Accordingly to what flamu say in his youtube, yes the ships will be shifted and you be compensated with credits if you already own the ships. But everyone still so confused about the US line split and that includes me. I got Cleveland, peascola, new orleans and baltimore in my port. 

i very sure i will be compensate with buffalo. The rest i don't care much. I just want the credits.

Edited by th3vikings

1,050 posts
7,743 battles
21 hours ago, th3vikings said:

Accordingly to what flamu say in his youtube

What flamu says isn't binding for WG though. It may or may not happen that way.

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,913 posts
4,192 battles

Flamus explanation of the split and compensation made my brain bleed.  I've never sat through ha more confusing and convoluted explanation of something like that in my life.