You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusin_Rage

SEA Cables Broken AGAIN

14 comments in this topic

31 posts
7,946 battles

Been getting some jumpy pings so I thought i'd check looks like THAT cable is on the blink again, this time its an intermittent fault.

WG - an Oceania server PPPLLEEAASSSEEE it would fix so many issues and whinging on here even make it so you can pick the server you want to connect too so everybody can always play

https://subtelforum.com/perth-singapore-subsea-cable-down-again/

Cheers Crusin

[LNA]
1,693 posts
10,542 battles

WoWS doesnt have that many players to support an alternate second server.

Even WoT ASIA's AUS/NZ server dont go online 24/7 except for special ocassion.

The chance of your prayer becoming reality is rather slim unless you manage to drag newbies into the game in the thousands which i very much doubt it.

Sorry mate , lets have coffee shall we :)

31 posts
7,946 battles

thats why you should be able to select from the servers before game, still the same WOWS asia player base but during peaks times for a region you can join that server.

Clans battles could then be at an appropriate time for AUS/NZ players on the oceania server, if you want to play later press the button play Asia server

lots of other games have this function

Edited by Crusin_Rage

696 posts
7,515 battles

really feel bad for our AUs/NZ captains here :( alway having issues with connections/undersea cable chewed up by shark etc...
have friends in Aussie playing WOWs... miss them a lot

64 posts
10,588 battles

a new cable hopefully goes operational soon ( planned July) and another is planned for next year, finally some redundancy on this route

590 posts
2,995 battles
12 hours ago, Crusin_Rage said:

Been getting some jumpy pings so I thought i'd check looks like THAT cable is on the blink again, this time its an intermittent fault.

WG - an Oceania server PPPLLEEAASSSEEE it would fix so many issues and whinging on here even make it so you can pick the server you want to connect too so everybody can always play

https://subtelforum.com/perth-singapore-subsea-cable-down-again/

Cheers Crusin

Actually it wouldn't

Like the WoT Australia Server, it still sends information up to the SG server. All it's doing is improving the local access time but it still has to deal with the international segment. So If a cable was to break, that the local server was connected to, then it would cause all the same issues. 

Also, Adelaide / Perth tend to go through Smw3 cable, Melbourne / Syd and Brisbane tend to go through the cables out of Sydney 

Being that your seeing an impact, means that traffic normally going through perth is being rerouted through sydney, causing increased latency. Everyone's affected until Telstra Global get the new cable out of perth going to SG up and running.

31 posts
7,946 battles

That because WG wont pay for a dedicated server in AUS/NZ region, so basically the AUS/NZ captains are getting screwed over for any hard earned we put towards this game.

Every other major PC game can manage to have an oceania server, look at PUBG from their menu I can play on any server in the world if I choose too, Same with Battlefield franchise. I know this is a server based game and needs a dedicated server but it seriously cannot be that hard when start up games like PUBG launched with select able region servers and quickly added more regions within months of launch. WG have got a couple of years under their belts.

Give us a break guys

461 posts
8,515 battles

Do you guys understand how expensive running your own data centre or even renting a server in a data centre is? What about the bandwidth costs? Cost of employing IT staff to maintain them? It's not cheap, after covering costs they wouldn't have the funds to run another one.

Those other games have much larger audiences across more platforms (not just PC), that's why they can have so many servers, they basically have more funds to do so. True, WG could unify the accounts across all servers instead of locking users into a server/region, who knows why they did that. It's probably more to do with their business organisation and model than any technical reason.

31 posts
7,946 battles

Do you guys understand how expensive running your own data centre or even renting a server in a data centre is? What about the bandwidth costs? Cost of employing IT staff to maintain them? It's not cheap, after covering costs they wouldn't have the funds to run another one.

doesnt matter, if they want the game to grow they should give people the resources to enjoy the game, I know so many people that have stopped playing the game because they like to play on low ping servers with out lag and all the buggy stuff even when the damn cable isnt broken

[UNRYU]
26 posts
4,378 battles

If you know for a fact that opening a store would net you negative income but would increase locals' happiness, would you do it? Same thing applies here.

[TDA]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
21 hours ago, Crusin_Rage said:

doesnt matter, if they want the game to grow they should give people the resources to enjoy the game, I know so many people that have stopped playing the game because they like to play on low ping servers with out lag and all the buggy stuff even when the damn cable isnt broken

The game wont grow by splitting the server and running a separate server for a minority of players.   The game caters to its largest market in this region.  

Even WOTs Aus peripheral server does not run 24/7 because it cannot sustain it.  During cable breaks when it does run full time you would be lucky to ge a full match outside peak times.

55 posts
5,650 battles
5 hours ago, Unraveler said:

Fixed now.

Not according to the cable owner's website.

It's also the longest I've seen the cable down without a notification or post regarding ETR (estimated time of repair). I'm thinking they're not going to bother to fix it and we'll just be waiting until July (or later) for the new cable. Let's face it, the existing cable has been breaking so often it's probably not economically viable to continue reapiring it with new cables soon to land.