You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Captain Skill points, where to put?

6 comments in this topic

400 posts
3,944 battles

Name says it all. 

I have an American CA captain that I am going to put into the new T9 heavy cruisers when they come out and he finally has 14 points. 

Currently he has 1) Priority Target, 2) Expert Marksmen, 3) Demo Expert, 4) Concealment Expert. 

My question is, where to put the next four points?  I would like to move him to T10 when the time comes or I may have to keep him at T9, (don't use gold to retrain, only flags and cammo).

To help with suggestions, I like hunting DD in my cruisers and would like to spec that way, but with the split coming, what to get?

Thanks in advance everyone.  

[INS]
8 posts
9,408 battles

Go for superintendent then advanced firing training or u can take Adren Rush

my balti skills are 1.Priority target, 2.adren rush, 3.superint, 4.cocealment and advanced firing training :)

Beta Tester
1,166 posts
7,331 battles

The replacement Tier 9 (Buffalo) has a much slower rate of fire than Baltimore (13s vs 10s) so Adrenaline Rush might be useful. Also, Buffalo has a fairly large gap between her detection range and radar range (max concealment is only 10.5km with 9.45km radar) so Radio Location could come in handy. However, Des Moines is much better in both these areas so you may not want these skills if you're planning on moving the captain up.

[LBAS]
157 posts
3,878 battles

Superintendent is a vital skill for US Cruiser captains past Tier 7. Your Radar is your life, so having the extra charge is vital.

Until the Des Moines, your turret traverse is not great, so Expert Marksman is ok, but Adrenaline Rush is your go to T2 skill. The first 2 points past 10 go into Adrenaline Rush if you have Expert Marksman, or visa versa. 

After that? Advanced Firing Training for the AA range. +20% range to a line meant to do horrible things to aircraft is always a good thing.

Honestly? I never got <s>Advanced BBQ</s>Demolition Expert. I went for Vigilance instead. Because US Cruisers are not RN Cruisers and accelerate like battleships and turn ....not as fast as a russian DD, so the ability to spot Torpedos is vital. DD's love killing you because they know you have Radar, therefor must die ASAP. 

I also use Preventative Maintenance, because your turrets are your life, as is your ability to run away. A US Cruiser is measured by it's DPM. 

I also have Expert Loader, because US AP rounds are brilliant. Take advantage of that, or the ability to swap to HE for that DD that was just spotted. Snap Shots for the win. 

If you dont want to snap shot, and are feeling confident in your choices, put your last 3 points into 

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles

SI is no brainier, since you always need more heal and more radar.

Then keep AFT into consideration since US cruisers excel in AA department. However AR and EM are very important.

400 posts
3,944 battles

So in total, I'm hearing to go with not a T4 AFT skill at this time, but to go either with T2 Rush or T3 Super In for extra uses?

That correct?