You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Need a more advanced system against BOT

11 comments in this topic

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,548 battles

First I praise the current anti-abuse system for reducing pure AFK to some extent.

But there're also BOT.

I admit it is hard to distinguish BOT from simply play badly.But there're some obvious BOT which is easy to tell:If a player keep sitting in the rear of battle for the whole game,he is very likely to be a BOT.Also this is unsportsmanship which deserve punishment.

So some factors can be take into account:

1.Ribbon.

2.Potential damage and damage under spotting.

3.The number of enemy ships spotted.

If a player get no ribbon,no potential damage and spot no ship,he is obviously a BOT.

Super Tester
7,755 posts
8,040 battles

And how did you come up with this idea? Even if you bot you're gonna get probably all of these to some extent. Even AFK players can and will get all three things you mentioned.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,316 posts

WG already knows there are Bots in game.

I'm sure that they are already doing their best to combat them as well.

I'm also sure that you can send them a suggestion ticket with what you've mentioned.

Although, I've seen many players sitting at the back of the map that definitely WERE NOT Bots.........

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

1,050 posts
7,755 battles
21 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Also this is unsportsmanship which deserve punishment.

Do you really think the game will be more enjoyable because every aspect of behaviour in the game is policed?

231 posts
11,913 battles
11 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Do you really think the game will be more enjoyable because every aspect of behaviour in the game is policed?

Not In the short run for sure. I had a history of MMOs which eventually turned into bot farms and everyone leaves the game eventually.

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,548 battles
33 分鐘前,PeterMoe1963 說:

Not ALL aspect policed of course,but BOT and unsportsmanlike DO ruined the game experience.

7 posts
2,712 battles

I agree with this, just now I'm on a t8-t10 match and the enemy has GZ cv and we have shokaku, after the game starts the GZ already typed our CV is a bot but I didn't believed him, after 2 mins yeah, I noticed, its a bot, same patterns as the CV AI on coop, fighters only hovering on capture points, cv is not even moving, all its planes is shot down after 7 mins or so.

EVEN THE WORST CV player will know when to and when not to use the planes on right time, hell the CV on coop is better than this.
I've seen tons of mmo with bot farmers and eventually all of it died after some time, trust me, ive been playing mmo since beta of ragnarok (the very 1st ragnarok).
If this continues and they are not addressing it, it seems its time to quit the game, I just got t8 and there are bots there. this isn't fun at all

either they perma ban those bot users or they shut down the servers, because eventually it will reach there

PS. I'm very disappointed on WG

1,050 posts
7,755 battles
20 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Not ALL aspect policed of course,but BOT and unsportsmanlike DO ruined the game experience.

Well, fair enough.

But realistically, if you want to participate in multi-player online gaming, get used to bad and/or rude players.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:06 PM, User_1145141919810 said:

If a player get no ribbon,no potential damage and spot no ship,he is obviously a BOT.

With the new “unsupporting player” mechanics introduced by WG with the last update, he will be punished and has to play a number of coop battles.

I had an unsupporting player warning against me from WG, after one evening my laptop was disconnected from the server several times, and sometimes I was not able to log in until a game was over. There you see how in-accurate these filters are.

[TDA]
36 posts
3,321 battles

Well this has happened to me a few times as well PeterMoe1963. I'm central Qld. and have the telco dropouts about once a day. So far I haven't been punished though I believe it is only a matter of time.

I'm not the best as i'm still on the up curve ( very steep ) and only just bought my 1st. Tier7. Not much money so it is slow going. I'm finding the camping of players to be a real drag when it is so easy to see

the holes into which a team could slip and do real damage. Almost given up on Random at certain times and on weekends though senarios can at times be a pain but ok.

The AFKs and BOTs i've had as well and it is annoying. This is a world wide game. Have a look at the news media and see all the Wackos out there.  We are going to come across our share no matter what

we do. We can keep it together and continue to enjoy what we do. Love the game and when I get up into the rearified levels of T9 & T10 you may have the pleasure of trying to sink me!!!!

Good luck and fair seas.

PS. my stats. are terrible but i'm trying not to be so aggressive, I'll have to learn to BOT a bit and last longer....LOL.

Z.

461 posts
8,517 battles

Separating Bots and bad players by behaviour alone isn't really feasible, they'll just make a better bot, or one that works around the behaviour detection. They would be better off looking for the technical details of how the bots work (how they take control of the game and read its state) or just check for the presence of the bot software running on the client machine. Even then the bot creators will find a way around it.

It's similar with disconnects, separating deliberate disconnects and accidental (or technical failures) is basically not possible.

Playing badly or a particular way isn't evidence that someone is a bot.