don_WarDaddy_AVI

American Cruisers : Update 0.7.5!

5 comments in this topic

26 posts

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/us-cruisers-changes/

With upcoming update 0.7.5 , USN cruisers are getting new branches. Right now i'm at Pensacola with 13 point captain, So if i buy Cleavland before update goes live, will the previous ones, i.e, Dellas and Helena will automatically get researched ?

Also, my main concern is Captain. Since Cleavland is going to be tier8, so i'm supposed to play a tier8 ship without skilled captain ? Will they give extra captain too or will i've to just grind one from scratch ?

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles

No, you will get the cleveland researched, but you have to research Dallas and Helena from Omaha.They will give you some captains but wont be skilled enough to even bother. T8 cleveland will need a minimum 14 points captain.

26 posts
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

No, you will get the cleveland researched, but you have to research Dallas and Helena from Omaha.They will give you some captains but wont be skilled enough to even bother. T8 cleveland will need a minimum 14 points captain.

So the Captain that they will provide won't be much skilled for tier8 ships. Then, i'm planning to move my current 13pt captain of Pensacola to Cleavland after update and that low skill captain that they will provide after update, i'll transfer that to tier6 pensacola to grind further. Is this good idea ?

Super Tester
7,739 posts
8,031 battles
6 hours ago, don_WarDaddy_AVI said:

So the Captain that they will provide won't be much skilled for tier8 ships. Then, i'm planning to move my current 13pt captain of Pensacola to Cleavland after update and that low skill captain that they will provide after update, i'll transfer that to tier6 pensacola to grind further. Is this good idea ?

Better train two captains. Heavy cruisers can do well with 10 points. Light cruisers need 14 for IFHE.

WG Staff
472 posts

Here is some update from our Dev team. Hope this can help you.

A ship to be replaced will remain available to the player in stock configuration on new tier (In the Port if it was purchased or in the researched state if it was researched).
The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a port slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or will become researched (if the replaced ship has been researched).
Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.
For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP.
If a purchased permanent camouflage was mounted on a ship to be replaced, it will remain mounted on this ship and a new permanent camouflage (for the added ship) will be added to the player's account.
Exceptions: Permanent special camouflages for Cleveland and New Orleans will remain with the ships and will NOT appear for ships taking their place in the new tech tree.