You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
n1T_GnoRT

Best Premium Ships For Fun!

23 comments in this topic

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles

With the next patch, there are some premium ships will be added to the tech tree like Atlanta,scharnhorst, dunkerque, etc..So i'm going to buy a ship but i can't decide which one. For making credit, and fun to play. May you give some advice? please tell me, thank you.

Well, there are two ships which make me feel so hard to deciced are Atlanta and Scharnhorst.

I have grinded USN Cruiser to Des moines so i know how to camp and hug islands. I love staying behind these islands and spaming HE, that 5s of reload make me so intensive XD. that ship sure will be fun for me. But wargaming is going to split USN cruiser and introduce Worcester which most people calling "Mega Atlanta". She have HEAL,Radar and maybe have the same playstyle like atlanta. I don't know if i should pay for 9000 doubloons or just wait the worcester release and get her for free. And Worcester have 5s reload of 152mm guns, and a heal which atlanta doesn't have 

And about the Schanhorst, since i have grinded free exp and bought the nelson. I don't think that i would pay for any BBs because Nelson is too good and very very fun to play...But there were many people have bought the Schan and nobody had complain about her. In my point of view, she kinda like T7 geman Bb Genesaure (sr i forgot her name)... @@

of course not only them but there are a lot of choice like alabama, tirpitz, loyang, prinz eugen, Leningrad and atago. These are good ship and worth to buy too. Agh so many of choice :(( i have Nelson,Anshan, okhotnik,vampire and huang meh are my main premium ships.  

Yes, i read the littewhitemouse reviews alot but still can't decice for myself...

anyway, thanks for reading and helping me^^ and i must sorry for my bad english :p Hope you enjoy

Edited by n1T_GnoRT

349 posts
4,845 battles

Why not both? :fish_aqua:

Scharnhorst is fun, but perhaps because I am careless ... or just indecisive ... I don't do well with this ship compared to Colorado. 

Atlanta I don't have but I dislike HE spamming and anyway I know the suborbital arcs would drive me crazy. Everyone says it is hard ship to play. It is relatively expensive.

OTOH I just bought Sims and having a blast with it... 

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles
30 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Why not both? :fish_aqua:

Scharnhorst is fun, but perhaps because I am careless ... or just indecisive ... I don't do well with this ship compared to Colorado. 

Atlanta I don't have but I dislike HE spamming and anyway I know the suborbital arcs would drive me crazy. Everyone says it is hard ship to play. It is relatively expensive.

OTOH I just bought Sims and having a blast with it... 

i only have 10000 doubloons so i can buy atleast 1 premium ship ^^

Well thanks for your reply. I appreciate your opinion. 

Sims... Is that a destroyer used to be the fastest ? I have heard about it. It's a really fun destroyer with "sea mine" torpedoes and fast reload 127mm guns. I will stick it in my wishlist ^^ 

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles
Just now, MatterCore said:

your purpose?

for ranked

or for random

or Coop

or Operation

Ranked and Random

i rarely play Coop and Operation

[LBAS]
4,574 posts
25,980 battles
1 minute ago, n1T_GnoRT said:

Ranked and Random

i rarely play Coop and Operation

Atago/Prinz Eugen/Mikhail Kutuzov/LoYang/Kidd are multi purpose ships

learn more about them/tips >> http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Premium_ships

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Any particular nation or class you fancy?

USSR nation ^^

1,050 posts
7,725 battles
1 hour ago, n1T_GnoRT said:

USSR nation ^^

Hmm, there are not many USSR premium ships on offer.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Premium_ships

The T8 Michail Kutuzov is no longer on sale.

You have the premium cruisers Molotov and Makarov at T6. The Molotov has good guns but is rather squishy. I don’t have the Makarov, apparently, it’s a converted KM Nurnberg.

There is also T7 Leningrad, which I also don’t have. Leningrad has 8km torpedos when many other USSR DD’s have only 4km range.

One thing to consider is what nation you want to continue to grow, or maybe start new. If you have one premium of a particular nation, that means you cannot move captains around. And moving captains around is one of the advantages of a premium.

About earning more XP or credits with a premium, I think that is mostly the permanent camo you get with the premiums. For example, I don’t see that my Scharnhorst makes more XP or credits than the Gneisenau with camo. That’s my impression anyway.

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles
6 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

loyang is hands down most bang for your buck, it genererates credits and XP fine and literally dominates over every DD at it's tier

:cap_like:

Lo Yang with not only recently buffed hydro range, but also running the hydro upgrade mod. :cap_cool:That be a nice bote.

230 posts
1,866 battles

G'day n1T_GnoRT

Scharnhorst.... THE Fun ship. Oktoberfest on Water. :cap_like:

See Yuro's video here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w  (Caution... Bad Language.) --- But funny. Lol.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles
6 hours ago, n1T_GnoRT said:

USSR nation ^^

Well then, sadly, you can no longer buy Kutuzov, one of the best T8 premiums. For DDs, you can get Leningrad, if you are into pure gunboat game-play. I'm afraid there is no good VMF (USSR) premium ship at mid / high tier for the time being.

Since you have grinded Des Moines, Atlanta will be great for you. She is quite fun as well. What you said about Woorster may or may not be true (we are not allowed to talk about her before release), but one thing I can confirm is meta in T7 and T10 are vastly different. So you can still think about her.

If you are patient, hold on to your doubloons, there are often tech tree premium discounts.

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles

Well thanks for all advice  your guys give to me^^ i appreciate all of opinions

I think i will wait until there will be some discount on premium ships so that i can buy 2 or more^^

Yeah i missed the Mikhail Kutuzov, Hope one day WG will bring it back ... By the way, there is one tier 8 premium cruiser that i just fought pretty "suited" for me, that is  prinz eugen, 45000 hitpoints, Turtleback Citadel and now a heal? Woah she make me suprised! Should i buy her?

about the atago,i don't like she very much cause she is very squidshy, easily eating penetration and 16s of guns reload. Of course , she has 10 203mm guns and 10km torpedoes which more firepower than prinz eugen. But PE gets more defense and tougher than atago.

Like 50/50 on both ship

Edited by n1T_GnoRT

129 posts

why the hell no one recommend enterprise or saipan?

THIS THREAD IS RACIST! CV is the most fun to play!

oneshot anyship... check

rekt enemy DD..... check

the only ship that can do suicide..... check

enterprise with AP bomb is really recommended. all German BB will become sniper when AP bomb strike...... so much fun and laughter

[LN]
19 posts
2,371 battles
28 minutes ago, Balzarknam said:

why the hell no one recommend enterprise or saipan?

THIS THREAD IS RACIST! CV is the most fun to play!

oneshot anyship... check

rekt enemy DD..... check

the only ship that can do suicide..... check

enterprise with AP bomb is really recommended. all German BB will become sniper when AP bomb strike...... so much fun and laughter

No racist in CV ! Yes of course XD

But i'm not a CV player. So if i bought them, i would give salty for my teammates :Smile_teethhappy:

but i had the fully upgrade zuiho and mostly use her for CV missions in event ^^

Playing CV like playing a chess lol. i must think what's the opposite CV player think and which ship i should attack first. There was a time my friends stayed behind me and saw i play cv and he got headache when i explained for him about CV roles and how to use planes. haha fun old time:cap_haloween:

287 posts
23,972 battles

T4 - Ishizuchi
T5 - Gulio Cesare
T6 - Graf Spee/Warspite
T7 - Leningrad/Blyskawyka
T8 - Lo Yang

Leaving out Belfast, Kamikaze, Gremy and Kutuzov because they will never be available for sale again.

If you have the free xp, Musashi and Missouri are both a lot of fun

349 posts
4,845 battles
6 hours ago, n1T_GnoRT said:

about the atago,i don't like she very much cause she is very squidshy, easily eating penetration and 16s of guns reload. Of course , she has 10 203mm guns and 10km torpedoes which more firepower than prinz eugen. But PE gets more defense and tougher than atago.

Like 50/50 on both ship

Atago is not a party ship, she's a hard working gal.