You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Black__Melody

Does getting HC always means the highest damage in the game?

10 comments in this topic

256 posts
4,619 battles

Possible, can use it as an indicator. But there are cases where there are 2 HC in a battle (saw it before). Because the condition is to deal at least 30% damage to total enemy team HP AND at least 4 enemies. So you could solo sink 3 Yamato, but still not getting HC.

898 posts
7,173 battles

HC means "Damage at least four enemy ships. Damage caused must exceed 30% of the total HP of all the ships on the enemy team."

Under ideal circumstances you could have 3, maybe even 4 HC’s awarded in one game.

955 posts
4,392 battles

I've regularly been in games where I get HC and someone else does too...

Particularly when I play Amagi or Kii and I'm top tier...

283 posts
3,436 battles
On 5/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, PeterMoe1963 said:

HC means "Damage at least four enemy ships. Damage caused must exceed 30% of the total HP of all the ships on the enemy team."

Under ideal circumstances you could have 3, maybe even 4 HC’s awarded in one game.

but like, 4 ships, 12 ships is the max, 12/3 = 4 and 30% of total hp of enemy team, 100/30 = 33.3* so how can you get 4?

5 posts
6,369 battles

Depend on what kind of ship you will focus mostly

High Caribe with your target is BBs give you maybe 200k damage or more.

Meanwhile with  DDs mostly just only give you about 50k 

My lowest HC is 60k with Missouri in the game that had 7 DDs (no fun )

Edited by da22_hero

[SGC]
197 posts
10,253 battles
On 5/13/2018 at 6:27 AM, ellofiend said:

but like, 4 ships, 12 ships is the max, 12/3 = 4 and 30% of total hp of enemy team, 100/30 = 33.3* so how can you get 4?

And that's where Repair Party comes in :3

BBs and high tier cruisers can restore their HP to some extent, hence, u have an opportunity to farm more dmg.

Super Tester
7,374 posts
7,883 battles

You can get highest damage without getting high caliber, and you can get high caliber without getting highest damage. We have got 3 high calibers in 3 man division before. Clearly only one of them had "highest damage". High caliber requires you to damage 4 ships. There were games with huge damage where I didn't damage more than 3 ships. So no high caliber for that.

955 posts
4,392 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You can get highest damage without getting high caliber, and you can get high caliber without getting highest damage. We have got 3 high calibers in 3 man division before. Clearly only one of them had "highest damage". High caliber requires you to damage 4 ships. There were games with huge damage where I didn't damage more than 3 ships. So no high caliber for that.

Wow...

90% of teams damage from 1 div...