Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zekoo

Co-op expansion plans?

7 comments in this topic

[DBOOT]
5 posts
1,549 battles

I am curious if there are any plans to expand on the co-op game feature to improve it beyond its current shallow game depth that it has, I know it was originally intended for new players but personally I cannot stand Random Battles, the poor matchmaking, the lack of players resulting in completely weird match ups, the huge variation of skills between players, the fact that we have like fifteen different languages on one server making communication near impossible I find it too rage educing so I stick to co-op, where even if I get a terrible team I can still do well and have fun at least sometimes unlike random

Lately I have been using battleships more and enjoy them quite a lot, but in co-op they feel kind of pointless, mainly due to the pack of easy mode torpedoes spammers in co-op.
Are there any plans for some mega A.I improvements in terms of preparing for and dodging torpedoes, the A.I in general need some actual effort put into them, from what I can tell they basically seem to have the command of "drive forward shoot first thing once sunk shoot next thing"

I would love it if co-op had some kind of difficulty range you could choose from, and perhaps say on hard difficulty you fight against more bots than players, 8 players vs 15 bots or something, the exp rewards in co-op are so gimped it would still be balanced

I also do not understand why bots are matched ship for ship, why does the enemy team need identical ships, for example if you have three tier 6 battleships, why can't the bots be randomly assigned from the full selection of tier 6 battleships so it is not just a mirror, I cannot think of any logical reason to mirror the team, it is so boring, at the very least if the ship groups must be matched like 4 cruiser vs 4 cruisers 2 destroyers vs 2 destroyers etc can they at least have random same tier same class ships on the bot team?

The Xbox version of World of Tanks for some reason has way more co-op features than the PC version which baffles my mind as well, there seem to be all these random development teams working on the same game making them in there own ways.

I would play and spend quite a bit more on the game if the co-op feature was expanded, I understand it cannot take center stage as there are a lot of other features and game improvements to implement to keep the community happy and spending more on shiny ships, but it would be cool to know future plans are on the table to expand, improve and evolve the feature

Would love to hear others thoughts as well :)

Super Tester
3,926 posts
4,202 battles

Co-op is what it is.    The improvement to coop is Scenarios which provides differing levels of difficulty.    The game is geared towards PvP so that's where the efforts lie.  Random, ranked and CW.  I cant see them doing anything whizzbang with PvE.

26 posts

Try scenario mode, the upgraded version of co-op mode.
co-op is basically designed for new players or to test/understand  the gameplay/characteristics of the newly researched/bought ship for couple of battle before going into randoms.

[DBOOT]
5 posts
1,549 battles

Thank you for the replies, I should probably give scenario's a go again, it has been quite a while, I usually play around the T5 mark but jumping up a few to T6 or T7 depending on the scenario might have to be a step I take, the scenario changes weekly does it not?
Be cool if it was just a random pool with what scenario you got but if I remember correctly its set.

I just tried that new frontline mode in WoT a few days ago and actually found that quite enjoyable haha I think due to it being such a huge battle with re-spawn's made it a lot less frustrating, a shame I doubt something like that would ever be possible  here :(

Edited by Zekoo

8 posts
2,419 battles

They need to get scenarios for high tier ships. They could have it randomize like the PVP product they actually give a damn about. If they want to have lowbies test out the game, just stay in lower tier games. You will learn far more than the bots and you will actually get something in rewards than the pitiful crap they hand out. They will not develop the terrible habits playing against bots will generate. There is no way a DD is going to be able to roll up to a BB and drop torps in PVP like you can in "Co-op". Just...will...not...happen.

Co-op is a waste of time and it needs to die if they do not want to boost the rewards.

Edited by Titaniumbear

51 posts
1,506 battles

I agree with the OP about...well, pretty much everything. 

The fact is that when I play random battles I just flat out don't have FUN. Primarily: I play this game to have fun. To me: Co-op is fun...and so I have played co-op almost exclusively for some time now. 

I think that the scenarios are a great addition to the game, and I tend to play them a lot (although they all get old after awhile,) but I think that newer, more varied modes would also be a welcome addition. I don't even think we need anything super different or gimicky, just a harder version of co-op (more bots maybe?) would be appreciated. 

Also: for those like me (and we ARE out there,) who do almost exclusively co-op...can we PLEASE get some better rewards? I'm logging in and doing my time and at the end of the day I make a fraction of what the pvp folks make...and it can be frustrating. 

But...also...well, at the end of the day I still love the game 🙂 So, I guess there is that.  

Beta Tester
14 posts
1,069 battles

Personally I've been using Scenario as one of the main ways to farm xp for those free xp ships. It's super efficient if you got high dpm premium like an Atlanta. You easily get tons of xp plus a great chunk of credits even with a meh game. I've grinded through a bunch of tier 7s solely by playing tier 7 scenario, so it is a very very profitable way to play the game and is actually fun.

Sign in to follow this