Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColonelRVH

Crashes? Try this fix

15 comments in this topic

166 posts
5,521 battles

The game crashes alot recently since March, usually in the middle of the match that I got a Critical Error.

I've been working with the support team for the last week and somehow identified to problem was the graphic settings.

There's no official statement about it yet and i need more time to test it as well but the game goes really well recently for extended game session.

So if you want a clean solution then delete the preferences.xml in the game folder or try to set as below (may vary on different specs use Graphic Quality parameter instead):

WARNING: Delete the preferences.xml you will have to setup everything again

image.thumb.png.6be9867b091013bac083cce5a246cb1d.png

It is safe to change the Resolution, Window Type (Fullscreen etc..) and Vertical Sync

Hope it works for you.

Edited by ColonelRVH

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles

If you were able to identify the graphics settings as causing the crashes, what setting/s specifically were causing you the problem?

Also what brand and model is your GPU? Knowing this will hopefully help people experiencing crashes with the same card.

I notice that both types of anti-aliasing are off. Was this contributing to the crashes?

166 posts
5,521 battles

My specs: i5-4570, 16GB RAM, GTX 960 2GB w. latest driver 397.31

This is the optimal setting that i was using.

J43cNXuEJiAo6fbYwjiTj03ed?token=eyJhbGci

One thing to note is that after I delete the preferences.xml I played the game for 3 days without any problem, then I changed back to the above, the game crashed like before. It only occurs in extended game session, not happens right away which is a problem to test it without actual tools and access to the code.

So I need to stick with the default settings first for a couple of weeks to be sure before I change again, I can't just rush it and blame it on something.

Also the development team is inspecting it as well.

166 posts
5,521 battles
12 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Well you aren't alone. Mine is super laggy after a couple of games and I have slightly better GPU than you.

Try my suggestion then. Hope it works for you.

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles

I have never had any crashes related to graphics problems. I do however experience extreme lag and choppy frames in the port screen. It makes applying flags, camos and signals down right frustrating if not impossible at times.

Had it with my GTX 1060 6GB and it still happens time to time with my new GTX 1080 Ti. I have heard from many other players that they have the same problem in the port screen.

399 posts
7,218 battles
6 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I have read the crash log just to see. Doesn't look like graphic memory is a problem...

Yeah its a bit weird. It plays like a graphics fault but clearly isn't!

346 posts
10,834 battles

I got crash in the game today. Never happen before.

When I check the crash backlog , the report shows "due to low memory". Really?

5af2c0d9caf44_eror1-1.thumb.JPG.39f94d4ab0cafbbadadf19445fe9ec28.JPG

5af2c1aaa6e3c_errorcrash.thumb.JPG.fd5166d2064a295e675631648df64a04.JPG

Here's my settings in the game. 

shot-18_05.09_17_30.15-0604.thumb.jpg.2c716897cd20bc36ed5083eb46998643.jpg

Edited by ArchKongou

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles

I am beginning to wonder if certain settings or a combination of settings are causing memory leaks. The symptoms I see could indicate that. The longer WOWS runs the more choppy the port screen is and worse gameplay experience. This continues until you get a crash. When you restart WOWS all is well until WOWS has been running for a length of time and rinse and repeat.

Since getting my new GTX 1080 Ti I am still getting the very choppy and laggy port screen after a few battles. As @dieselhead said even my previous GTX 1060 6GB should not be experiencing the choppy port screen, as it was running game fine on full in 1440p. I know for a fact it is not anything related to my hardware causing these issues. No other game has regular crashes or DC. If I play for a long time I eventually get a crash or a game enforced DC. I say that WOWS has caused all these DC because my network is still working 100% but WOWS will not let me log back in!

I have put my GTX 1080 Ti in my old PC for now. I have parts for a new PC but have not had time to build it yet. Will be interesting to see if there is any difference in game with my new hardware and OS. New build will be an i5 8600K, Asrock Z370 Extreme 4, 16GB G.skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz DDR4, EVGA Supernova P2 650W PSU, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti iCX 11GB, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB boot drive, Windows 10. Will be re-using current Lancool K60 case and case fans and SSD's and HDD as well as new Dell 27" G-sync monitor.

399 posts
7,218 battles
17 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

I am beginning to wonder if certain settings or a combination of settings are causing memory leaks. The symptoms I see could indicate that. The longer WOWS runs the more choppy the port screen is and worse gameplay experience. This continues until you get a crash. When you restart WOWS all is well until WOWS has been running for a length of time and rinse and repeat.

Since getting my new GTX 1080 Ti I am still getting the very choppy and laggy port screen after a few battles. As @dieselhead said even my previous GTX 1060 6GB should not be experiencing the choppy port screen, as it was running game fine on full in 1440p. I know for a fact it is not anything related to my hardware causing these issues. No other game has regular crashes or DC. If I play for a long time I eventually get a crash or a game enforced DC. I say that WOWS has caused all these DC because my network is still working 100% but WOWS will not let me log back in!

I have put my GTX 1080 Ti in my old PC for now. I have parts for a new PC but have not had time to build it yet. Will be interesting to see if there is any difference in game with my new hardware and OS. New build will be an i5 8600K, Asrock Z370 Extreme 4, 16GB G.skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz DDR4, EVGA Supernova P2 650W PSU, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti iCX 11GB, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB boot drive, Windows 10. Will be re-using current Lancool K60 case and case fans and SSD's and HDD as well as new Dell 27" G-sync monitor.

Its pretty much the exact same fault as it had 2 patches ago. I hope they are working on a fix......

WG Staff
472 posts

Hello Captains, If you are suffering client crash after several games in a row AND using ultra sounds mode, could you please try to change your sound option to High? There is some possibility this can improve client performance at this moment. This is just workaround and our Dev team is trying to fix this. You can change sound option in WGC like below. Sorry for inconvenience.

image.thumb.png.2c55a62fb9c27d240bcf554de4476382.png

399 posts
7,218 battles
1 hour ago, HuginnKR said:

Hello Captains, If you are suffering client crash after several games in a row AND using ultra sounds mode, could you please try to change your sound option to High? There is some possibility this can improve client performance at this moment. This is just workaround and our Dev team is trying to fix this. You can change sound option in WGC like below. Sorry for inconvenience.

image.thumb.png.2c55a62fb9c27d240bcf554de4476382.png

Thanks mate, will try this one tonight and see how it goes.

58 posts
3,227 battles

To be honest, the Triple buffering is the only thing that fixes crashes in my crappy Laptop. simply enable triple buffer and enjoy the game. (it also fixes World of tanks crashes too) :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this