You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Ridiculous Anti AFK System 0.7.4 >_<

19 comments in this topic

168 posts
3,817 battles

Yeah so how many of you actually agree to the fact that new anti afk system is hilarious . I mean I played like  21 matches  , got DC in 2 of them  and went afk . I have gotten two warnings and it further implies I will be banned . And one more thing as soon as you get disconnected it takes back you to connect button . My network is up but I couldnt connect . I tried 3-4 times to connect but it doesnt . But My other apps that need internet work flawlessly .

But still this new anti afk system somehow  needs a revision .

1,541 posts

This happened to me twice, i made a thread for this already, called turning pink due to game failure....

& its been happening to other clan members as well & plenty of others

:cap_viking:

Ordrazz

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles

The new system is fine if the game was 100% rock solid. It most definitely is not anywhere near 100% rock solid, so a system this strict is only asking for trouble.

Every time I have got DC it kicks me back to the login screen but I am unable to log back in. Despite every other program that uses the network being 100% functional, WOWS will not allow me the login. Usually killing the WOS process works but a PC re-start sometimes is needed. Very annoying, and it has caused me to get reported as AFK by team mates because as a DD player I couldn't get back until maybe 1 min into game.

I have already been pink under this new system too due to a WG bug. :Smile_hiding:Volley of torps that killed a Tirpitz, 2 of the torps passed straight through the hull after Tirpitz was killed. WTF? :cap_wander: OK great. I tell the friendly destroyer way over on the other side of the Tirpitz to look out for 2 torps, he replies with a wilco. He then gets distracted turns his DD and starts HE spamming another BB and 20 seconds later blindly sails straight into 1 of them! No doubt sailing around with gun view zoomed right in. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by HobartAWD

349 posts
4,845 battles

In 7.4 WG followed player requests and cracked down hard on AFK.

I find it hard to believe that the majority of AFK players are willfully abusing the system however. I would guess that PC crashes and network issues account for most of AFK incidents in game.

No one like to have AFK on their team, but no one likes to be AFK either. I think the system needs to err on the side of caution and only penalize people who are way above the statistical average for AFK. For those serial cases even if it's not their fault it's for the good of everyone else that they are removed from random games. They may consider buying a new PC / getting a better router etc.

1,135 posts

at least the threshold of AFK count should bit higher,

I mean for 1st time shouldn't be any warn because accident can be happen and no body want is so it's 100% not their fault

but for 2nd time... that where system kick in, 

and pink state should base on 2 thing, time and match count.

e.g. pink status will be lifted after 5 clean match or 2 day passed without any repeat case etc

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles
8 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Usually a PC re-start fixes it.

You could try killing the process from task manager, and relaunching the game. Works for me.

So far I like new penalty system. AFK reduced quite a bit. I mean, if your internet is this bad, then may be staying away is a better option than trying to keep playing and ruining games till your internet issues are fixed.

1,135 posts

By the time you notice that internet gone bad it usualy disconnect from game once already,

I belive no one keep play in that state but that 'once' got themselves pink, and that's not fair.

168 posts
3,817 battles
22 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I can see them having to roll back the new system due to it overloading the warning system.

Pretty much

20 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Very annoying, and it has caused me to get reported as AFK by team mates because as a DD player I couldn't get back until maybe 1 min into game.

Sad

17 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I would guess that PC crashes and network issues account for most of AFK incidents in game.

Indeed . Mommy rants are rare .

11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You could try killing the process from task manager, and relaunching the game. Works for me.

So far I like new penalty system. AFK reduced quite a bit. I mean, if your internet is this bad, then may be staying away is a better option than trying to keep playing and ruining games till your internet issues are fixed.

Majority of Asian Countries have decent connections IMO . But the problem is getting kicked to login screen and not getting re connected again .

[SEARN]
521 posts
8,032 battles
13 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yeah usually killing the process works, but there have been several occasions that it hasn't, so worst case is a PC re-start.

I agree, the new system is absolutely fine in principal. Even in co-op I am noticing reduced AFK. Anything that is going to punish people harder for deliberate and persistent AFK or team damage is a good thing. The innocent who have had WOWS crashes though through no fault of their own do fall through the cracks of the new system.

If I did not know for a fact that it is WOWS program that is causing the disconnects, and if I did not have rock solid reliable internet I would probably not play the game. Any team based game or sport requires some responsibility to be able to realise that you are dragging the team down by not being there when they need you.

75 posts
1,400 battles

I was penalized for a game client crash. right before a random battle was loaded. It was on a XP boost mission and I was also using 3 purchased flags. I lost all of them and yet I was penalized for in-action and turned pink.

The worst part was when I reported this,

---the report channel were categorized to so many topics, so I reported to the game client crash channel. It asked me to get the log etc, and I done that,  then the respond was the "crash" was not cause by WG, and ask me to stop using MODs.

---then I report this to game warning channel. The respond I got was a "cut & paste" version of the 7.4 rule throw at my face.

I understood the new rules, but I do not believe/agree that you just can not distinguish a legitimate game crash to deliberate in action. What is the purpose of your log?

I was still play this game when I reported this issue issue, but not after those response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further update:

Just received another response to request for the same WGcheck log from the same person (in name).  really amazing WG support.

Edited by tsuenwan
further update

156 posts
4,055 battles

The real problem with this new penalty system is WOWS has tried to be a pain in the arse for general players who face some kind of problem with there pc/connectivity instead of actually targeting the "griefers" of the game. 

Great job at irritating potential players in a game which already has player base retention issues. 

Edited by Anger_Lehner

166 posts
5,521 battles

The new anti afk system is fine, the problem is that they released it at the wrong time when there's still performance issues going around.

75 posts
1,400 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelRVH said:

The new anti afk system is fine, the problem is that they released it at the wrong time when there's still performance issues going around.

I can not accept that people shall be penalized for software crash or Lan problem. those are not performance problem.

1,050 posts
7,725 battles

I agree the system needs to be adjusted.

Generally, my Internet connection is fast and stable and it is very rare I get disconnected. One night, however, I was disconnected several times. Sometimes I was able to log in again, sometimes no. In the end, I stopped playing.

The next day I had a notification that I was on warning for “inactivity.” On top of losing cams and flags.

I started a ticket with WG, explaining that they have to consider if a ship is inactive because it is disconnected from the server, or if a player doesn’t touch the keyboard. No reply.

75 posts
1,400 battles

There is another WG response just came,  here is what I got so far:

On that Friday, I started a ticket via game client crash channel. I reported the incident, asked about if WG would do anything regarding this unfair rules -> They ignore the policy query, but asked me to retrieve log -> I sent log to WG (on 11/6/2018)-> WG support said the crash did not cause by WG, and they found I used MODs which I shall not use Mods (on 12/6/2018).

So I thought I used the wrong channel, and it may be more appropriate to use the rule violation channel to query about this policy. so I raised another ticket via the rule violation "warning and ban" channel. 

First respond from WG was the exact copy of the rule -> then I asked if such policy should apply to people with pc/lan problems. -> then the same person (in name) investigated the last ticket just came and requested the same log file as it request from the last ticket -> so same log file sent again, I asked again about the policy application -> the same guy just ask me to use directX 9 from 11 to avoid game crashing. (while ignored the policy part).

I am a bit skeptical now if I would get any solid answer from them.

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles

If I remember correctly, people wanted AFKers to get punished hard, there were a lot of mod throwing on that AFK / Botting channel calling out on WG. And now that WG have implemented one such measure, suddenly the complains start coming. Its true that its not possible to satisfy everyone, but I guess, its necessary for the greater good. Most of the players actually welcomed this feature. The rest, idk.

75 posts
1,400 battles
40 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

If I remember correctly, people wanted AFKers to get punished hard, there were a lot of mod throwing on that AFK / Botting channel calling out on WG. And now that WG have implemented one such measure, suddenly the complains start coming. Its true that its not possible to satisfy everyone, but I guess, its necessary for the greater good. Most of the players actually welcomed this feature. The rest, idk.

For whatever greater good, even in justice system. people shall not punish for whatever they did not commit to.

I do not agree that system crash shall be punished as AFK. and I do not believe genuine software/hardware/network problem can be not detected. There are many ways WG can do something to balance this. that was what I tried to communicate with WG through their report channels.

In my case, WGCheck found files damaged in the system and repaired it. and the log was sent to WG twice.

I am OK if the system crash, It is fine even they send me warning at the first place. but I am very disappointed the way the respond to my report.