You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Victor Znamenskiy (new Soviet commander)

10 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

Got a surprise when I got the new guy - he's got enhanced PM (45% instead of 30%),  HA (20% instead of 10%) as well as EM (3º/sec).

Seems he'd be well suited to a BB - wonder if there will be a Soviet BB line sometime in the future.

354 posts
9,048 battles
17 minutes ago, Trunk_Monkey said:

how do you get the captain?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/weekly-specials-20180504/

It's the "End of WWII in Europe Marathon" at the bottom. It should be visible in your game client. You need a Soviet ship t6 or higher. The web page doesn't indicate that he has any special abilities though, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks WG.

652 posts
7,755 battles
25 minutes ago, Trunk_Monkey said:

how do you get the captain?

WWII record something something requires soviet ships only

1,050 posts
7,700 battles
16 hours ago, Moldavia said:

It's the "End of WWII in Europe Marathon" at the bottom. It should be visible in your game client. You need a Soviet ship t6 or higher.

The hardest was the missions “kill 3 German” or “kill 3 Japanese” ships. The teams were full of Russian ships grinding the mission, maybe only one or no German/Japanese ships. It was a race rather than a battle. I did most of this in coop with Capayev.

The 500 ribbons or 25k XP was easy to do.

This special commander was fairly easy to get. I still have the other 10 point captain form the Varyag in reserve.

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,004 battles
11 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

The hardest was the missions “kill 3 German” or “kill 3 Japanese” ships. The teams were full of Russian ships grinding the mission, maybe only one or no German/Japanese ships. It was a race rather than a battle. I did most of this in coop with Capayev.

The 500 ribbons or 25k XP was easy to do.

It was like watching an entire flock of seagulls chase a single chip. Any resemblance of team play or capping was gone. The poor solitary German or IJN ship in the games I was in was receiving a lot of unwanted attention.

166 posts
5,521 battles

Should also note that

Unique commander Andrey Pobedov is renamed by popular demand. His new name is Viktor Znamensky.

-> Name change possible

-> *beep* John Doe

1,050 posts
7,700 battles
On 5/8/2018 at 1:15 AM, HobartAWD said:

It was like watching an entire flock of seagulls chase a single chip. Any resemblance of team play or capping was gone. The poor solitary German or IJN ship in the games I was in was receiving a lot of unwanted attention.

Haha, I can imagine. I played those missions in co-op, but in random it must be hilarious! (Unless you are the poor guy in the KM or IJN ship.)