You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

Some suggestions for Captains Public test and experience

6 comments in this topic

354 posts
13,212 battles

Couple of Ideas here

1: A premium captain similar to premium ships who can be assigned to different ships without penalty and who can change skill sets for free ( rather like permanent camo). This would help players work out their best skills for a ships permanent captain as well as being able to change skill sets for rank or clan battles as often these would be different to random.

2: The experience boost x%200 that comes with premium ships as a personnel challenge would be a greater incentive if it was x%200 free experience. After all a player has already paid for the ship why also pay for converting experience it generates to free xp. 

3: Public tests seem to always coincide with some event on the general server and where I would like to check things out and help with development of the game I only have so much time to play the game is there anything can be done about making it more attractive to play Public test.    

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
975 posts
5,738 battles

One problem with the premium captains I see is why would you bother buying premium ships? or worrying about having other captains?

Wouldn't say I'm totally against it, just wondering what would be in it for WG

354 posts
13,212 battles

You could limit them maybe 1 per nation or 1 per nation ship line for example US line has 4 (at the moment) so max 4 premium captains to experiment with.

Also I dont think captain trainers is the major reason people buy premium ships. 

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,887 battles

1.i like your suggest but its not possible to have free reset skill for premium commanders if they have 

2.a camos and flags can help you, if it happened it will be broken free xp, caluation is 5% of xp, dont need to boost personal challenge

example you earn 1500 xp without camo, flags but you already get 200% of xp, just plus 200% of xp you will get 4500 xp also 225 free xp

if with papa flag, oroboros or whatever able to count xp or xp, it will extreme boost free xp (carry hard get more score and xp) also highest free xp for me was in clan battle 7000 free xp per games (just clan battle, what you wnat?) or some normal game was ~13000 free xp with 200% xp boost per day with your favorite ship

3.nope i dont know

[1AN-E]
4 posts
3,671 battles

Premium captains are definitely a no considering all the exp boosts we get from camos and flags, but I think the concept of a test captain for working out permanent builds could work if it's implemented in a way that will not break the game economy.

If it was created according to the following points I think it would be a good thing to have.

• 19 point nation specific captain moveable between any ship for a small credits cost (maybe 200,000 credits)
  • skills can be reset an unlimited amount of times for no cost
  • generic captain (no special skills)
  • earns NO captain exp from battles so can't be used to farm Elite Captain Exp. Or at the absolute most, earns some captain exp but no flag, camo, 1st WotD or ship exp modifiers will be applied to his earning. Premium account modifier would be applied though
  • Ineligible for use in Clan Battles*
  • Is only made available to a player as the final reward for a short series of missions. Mission series would only be unlocked when a player plays 1 random battle in a tier 8 non-premium ship of that nation.**

* - Reason behind this is because it would stop them being put in to the rental tier 10 Clan Battles ships and I also suggested that the rental ships should come with a 10 point captain that can only be used with the rental ship and said captain gets removed when that rental ship's rotation ends.

** - Was considering play 1 battle in a tier 10 ship of that nation as the requirement but it's at tier 8/9/10 that you want the captain build for and if you bring a captain up through the ships as you're grinding the line, the captain is usually up to 10 or 11 points by the time you research and fully upgrade a tier 8 ship

168 posts
5,021 battles

Can I (and by extension WE) just get 19 point caps in Public Test Server?
15 points is somewhat limiting and I want to put AFT, RDF and CE on my loliboats...