Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
super61_sniper

A new deep water torpedo

9 comments in this topic

35 posts
11,155 battles

I recently find a new deep water torpedo several times. Unlike usual pan-asian DD's torpedo, It is showed as a red dot in the water. I was driving my HIPPER and that torpedos just pass through from my ship's bottom and didn't explode. I remember WG said the deepwater torpedo cannot attack DDs only. Is there a new deepwater torpedo, which can only attack BBs in game?? Anyone knows what DD can launch this one. 

Sorry there is no img since it was in battle so no time to take photo so I can only describe here.

[SEARN]
524 posts
8,053 battles

Nope. All cruisers and DD are safe. Asashios torps will only hit CV and BB.

If there was an Asashio on the enemy team its torps would have passed right under your hull.

Edited by HobartAWD

283 posts
3,689 battles
9 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Dots good. Triangles bad. Triangles with bars also bad.

What's the difference? I forget, didn't read the PA patch notes for the deepwater torps

349 posts
4,853 battles

The display is relative to your own ship type.

Dot: this is a deep water torp and cannot damage your ship (red: from enemy ship, white: from friendly ship)

Triangle: this is a regular torpedo and will damage your ship

Triangle with underline: this is a deep water torpedo that can damage your ship

283 posts
3,689 battles

really? so do the deepwater torpedoes have to reach a certain point where they arm themselves and do damage? I could have sworn I got hit by multiple dot torps and took damage in a cruiser. Do they do average damage as dots and then more damage when range armed?

349 posts
4,853 battles

Shouldn't have. If you are a cruiser you'll see Asashio torps as dots and they'll pass harmlessly under your ship, if they are panasian torps they'll appear as triangle/bar and will hit you.

I don't think there is any indication of the arming state of the torp AFAIK.

Sign in to follow this