Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

Botting

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
364 posts
3,693 battles

I can't to find any clear actions that wg is taking against botting. Are they doing anything or taking actions against them?? Can't they do a routine 3 mth of check or scans through their server for illiegal programs and ban their account. I believe they are able to do that.

Just have 1 match, 3 players botting. Sail front and back and shooting front turrets that all. Rinse and repeat. No other actions. It damn frustrating. We could win that round due to these mf. 

Edited by th3vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
364 posts
3,693 battles
14 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Keep writing report tickets before they aware/can solve this issue.

No one will be so free to take down a video and then submit a ticket. That the reason why there will still so many botters around because no one report them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CIRS]
Member
1,199 posts
10,548 battles
25 分鐘前,th3vikings 說:

No one will be so free to take down a video and then submit a ticket. That the reason why there will still so many botters around because no one report them! 

Enable replay and submit replay file

Edited by User_1145141919810

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,755 posts
8,040 battles

Replay files are usually less than 2.5MB in size. Should not be an issue. Besides, they need the replay files, video or screenshots wont work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
55 posts
722 battles

can someone define a (botter) please.is this only conspiracy theory?.I presume this is AI players not real people .can recognise the bots in co_op. by hyphened captain names . never seen one in random . hopefully get thoughts from Ralph theatre cat . respect that guy insight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[UNRYU]
Member
26 posts
4,390 battles

It's basically someone who uses external program of some sort to help them play the game. In my experience, I've suspected many people using bot. But now, I just think that they are very bad at the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
696 posts
7,517 battles

Encounter once a while when a "player" just charge on front and die; or didn't move until been spotted by enemy. 

But in the "karma" report system, I think I didn't see the "bot" option for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
364 posts
3,693 battles

the last banning done when by WG maybe was 1 or 2 year before that. when they feel like doing then they do it or else nothing is done.

asking us to report via ticket. foolish and stupid, waste of time. frustrating times.

Botting

using of 3rd party software to aim

the list go on ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HKACC]
Member
252 posts
2,830 battles

Me, DD in a match with 2 CV, mission is capture point A & B. Try to cap, enemy air units destroying our frontline, while no protection from our own CV.
Without comrade in arms in the frontline nor high chance of survival because enemy air units keep spotting me, I swiftly go the the nearest edge & stay there AFK, until someone spot & kill me or mission end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
590 posts
2,995 battles
On 09/05/2018 at 12:15 AM, th3vikings said:

the last banning done when by WG maybe was 1 or 2 year before that. when they feel like doing then they do it or else nothing is done.

asking us to report via ticket. foolish and stupid, waste of time. frustrating times.

Botting

using of 3rd party software to aim

the list go on ~

Incorrect - 

WG actively chase botters, just because there not reporting doesn't mean there not doing it. 

Additionally, defining who is a bot and who is simply a majorly bad player requires manual review and analysis by gaming developers. 

Please be aware thou, that @Spotter has also requested that you raise a support ticket and let him know, he will tell you if this has changed :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,664 posts
17,926 battles
32 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Incorrect - 

WG actively chase botters, just because there not reporting doesn't mean there not doing it. 

Additionally, defining who is a bot and who is simply a majorly bad player requires manual review and analysis by gaming developers. 

Please be aware thou, that @Spotter has also requested that you raise a support ticket and let him know, he will tell you if this has changed :)
 

you have entier clans of botters like 2BK and people have sent countless tickets to WG, and they are still running amok in the game ruining gaming expirences for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
590 posts
2,995 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

you have entier clans of botters like 2BK and people have sent countless tickets to WG, and they are still running amok in the game ruining gaming expirences for everyone

*nods* see above Drakon233 - 

I've only stated what spotter has said, they actively look in to suspected bots, remove the bots they detect. But again, where is the line between an absolute bad player and a bot? That's why in the last report they showed, the bot removal numbers we're pretty low. They manually investigate every report. Right, Wrong or Indifferent they do take action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,664 posts
17,926 battles
1 hour ago, tc1259 said:

*nods* see above Drakon233 - 

I've only stated what spotter has said, they actively look in to suspected bots, remove the bots they detect. But again, where is the line between an absolute bad player and a bot? That's why in the last report they showed, the bot removal numbers we're pretty low. They manually investigate every report. Right, Wrong or Indifferent they do take action. 

does the ammount of time that someone someone or some clan has been reported factor in the speed of processing the reports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Senior Moderator
2,569 posts
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

does the ammount of time that someone someone or some clan has been reported factor in the speed of processing the reports

nope, the amount of staff on at the time does. Week days you can be sure the reports are dealt with quickly, Friday/Weekends/Public Holidays etc staff numbers will be lower, hence the longer time it takes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,227 battles

So far i know that if your "travel distance" is 0.00 km then its auto considered as dumb bot and gets banned so they plays coop. illegal software youre talking about, what if they are using some software which controls Display and Keyboard, not the game directly. then the game cant detect anything about that Software. (in example you cant see a dd but he can still torp you outside of his concealment radius). Maybe World of Warships needs to take some extra security steps for it. like another software that will run along with WoWs, taking permission to see every background process pc is doing. This is just my opinion, i dont know much about what game is actually doing.

Now I dont really know what about those bot who is acting like  a total PC and controlling someones account. or a player intentionally dont saying or half sleeping, letting their ship go, farm some ribbons to "avoid auto ban" or anything is possible. or the Player's game crashed but Server didnt register the disconnection and let the ship keep rushing B. Anything can be happen. 

Heres a tip. No need to care about bots. Simply think that theres one less player in your team, and just play harder. (i know its frustating if your team's only dd is bot). so far I encountered bots I saw them shooting AP, moving STRAIGHT and only aiming at citadel, even the enemy was bow on. so just dont give any damn about them. let them do whatever they wants, let them get banned. Defeats wont take you to hell so just accept it. youre not alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
69 posts
11,879 battles

Insult towards Developers and advertising another game, Post Modified, User Sanctioned
~tc1259

I've seen botters who have been reported and they are still in game botting. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,664 posts
17,926 battles
14 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

in example you cant see a dd but he can still torp you outside of his concealment radius

gidgud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×