You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AxEyBoI

Matchmaking at Tier 6

9 comments in this topic

9 posts
2,800 battles

Tested 20 battles, 10 with Battleships 10 with Cruisers and the matchmaking came out 4 rounds with lower tiers to 4-6. Then 6 rounds at 5-7 and 10 rounds at 6-8 tier ships. So in all that its like 10-12 game losing streak due to higher tier ship dominance. If you say its even on both sides, its not, since 4 rounds came out with 5 of the same players who lost all them last games. It kept on putting everyone on the same team. No team shuffle or random. They have to change the system from the tier system to a win-lose ratio or have both, or change the matchmaking. Maybe it doesnt have enough players to choose from so your stuck losing all the time. Thats a quick and good way to lose the players even faster and makes my decision easier to not spend, even though i was contemplating it. So why would anyone if they going to lose all the time.

353 posts
5,015 battles

Erm, get gooder? Play other ships? Even within same classes, each nation plays differently

[UNRYU]
26 posts
4,326 battles

Instead of writing a post blaming something elses for your lose streak, how about you take that time and learn how to get better at the game?

You know that all 10 - 12 games that you lost have 1 common denominator that we know of and that is 'you'?

20 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

So in all that its like 10-12 game losing streak due to higher tier ship dominance.

You can do 2 things when you are on losing streaks.

1. Blame everything else because you "think" you're perfect.

2. Analyse the game and see where things could have gone better and improve yourselves in future games.

159 posts
3,374 battles

Mid tier matchmaking does get the short end of the stick, and much to my frustration in my early wows days, I now understand and accept it.

Trying to find a pattern in 20 battles to work out what percentage you're bottom tier isn't a worthwhile experiment- especially if it's all in one go. You'll need to do a lot more over a longer period of time with different ships of different nations.

Server population and what tiers are being played are usually indicative of whether or not you will get a long bottom tier streak. If you play 100 games in a ship, it should roughly be about 33% for top, middle and bottom tier. ..Theoretically.

There are ships that seem to be bottom tier way more than they should be like my Iron Duke & North Carolina which are bottom tier over 70% of games played in them so far. But there are ships I play which are top/mid tier more than they are bottom like the (post nerf) Minekaze and Leander. Maybe it's because certain tech tree ships are really strong or weak so get the matchmaking to average out their stats? Dunno. Just speculating.

In the end we all end up playing bottom tier, and since they're harder games, we remember them more and if you stuff up, you're more likely to be punished. Learning the strengths and weaknesses of your ships and the other ships your're likely to fight when bottom tier can go a long way to ensuring you have a good game with good damage. Also if you assume more of a support role in those games rather than a tip of the spear mentality, you'll likely be ok.

If you're trying to grind through a particular ship and get 3 bottom tier games in a row- go play another type of ship, another nation or maybe a scenario instead. 

164 posts
5,435 battles

Or just skip the entire part and get the Glorious Tier X then make those suffer if you are actually good :cap_book:

But yeah, the MM +1/-1 is necessary but with the old player base like this i don't see it gonna happen anytime soon.

Edited by ColonelRVH

161 posts
5,905 battles

I don't seem to see a problem with T6, unless mm give me too many T8 matches, then it'll start to get annoying.

It's annoying but not unbearable. This happened to T7-8 also, deal with it maybe?

1,028 posts
7,503 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, AxEyBoI said:

So in all that its like 10-12 game losing streak due to higher tier ship dominance.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, AxEyBoI said:

It kept on putting everyone on the same team.

Do you really think WG puts losing players together? Or winning players together? WG has to pick players from the queue, and if there are few players in the queue, you may see the same names again and again. I just cannot imagine WG go over records of previous games to pick the teams, rather than random + tier/ships type matching… but I’m guessing.

We all seem to experience these losing streaks, and too many posts here are written after such a streak and end in a demand to change this or that in the game. Face it, the only change you can change is, well, you.

What I take away from your post that the number of up/mid/low tier games was about the same for you. Because people complain a lot “I’m always bottom tier”.

I can understand why people ask for +1/-1 matchmaking. If you face ships +2 tiers that out-speed, out-range and out-gun you, that’s not much fun and your impact on the game will be minor. I would wish WG would sometimes just open their mouth and say “our player base is too small for +1/-1 matchmaking”. But I’m quite happy to just work my way through the games where I’m bottom tier.