You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Oil. What is to come once facilities are done

23 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

I guess there are now no shortage of clans who have built all their facilities and now have a stock pile of oil building up. Which raises the question what next?

Are facilities going to be upgradable? Maybe level 2 research will give clan members 6% xp bonus, or dock 15% discount to service cost and so on.

Maybe oil can be given out to clan members to convert to free xp or credits 1 oil=25xp or 1 oil= 100credits?

I have no idea.

If you want to put up your suggestion on what you think would be a good use for all that oil laying around in the clan feel free to drop your idea below. Who know maybe someone of interest might read it and like it.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

There was a rumor that you would be able to buy certain ships with oil in near future.. just rumor.....

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

There was a pic somewhere recently ( I thought it was in the RU info thread,but I can't find it )that showed more facilities at the Clan base than what there is now.Don't know how official it was though.

58 posts
3,225 battles

Does it actually matter? the clan who has like over 100k oil, their members already are too rich while earning that amount of oil. so its pointless. WG might bring more facilities I guess

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Maybe we can burn it.

It will make a huge exciting fire and have a flow on effect~

>Produce CO2

>Increase temperatures 

>Lots more room in Islands of Ice map

>cover entire planet in water to make way for master race- i.e. sheeps.

487 posts
7,619 battles

Oil is a clan resource so unless it starts being counted individually I don't see how a clan member can choose what to do with it themselves. I would be surprised if there are no plans to expand the clans port facilities, as it stands oil is just a stockpiled resource that has no real function after the port is fully upgraded.

Well there are new currencies teased in the developers waterline videos called steel and coal are going to be new high level currencies.

At this stage it seems they are a personal currency obtained through clan wars and ranked battles. It was stated that the individual player can choose where to spend their steel and coal. If you have enough it can even be used to buy reward ships like Flint and Black and the mighty Stalingrad! :Smile_izmena:

Who knows but maybe it will have some benefit to your clan directly as well. I'm sure we will find out more as it gets closer to being implemented into the game.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Oil at this point i can see being used this way :

Unlock certain scenario on very hard mode for clan members,  which they can farm for high rewards but ofc is very difficult to complete. Can be unlocked on a per go basis or unlocked once and for all. 

Unlock a few clan only ship that will be made available for purchase with silver. 

Unlock more customization option : like race girl on the deck or more color option for specific parts, or extra emblem or manual clan sigil. 

Unlock secret shop,  where clan leaders can bargain for rare and secret decoration item randomly. Gatcha so to speak. 

Unlock some unique port or UI set ( like DOTA)  or even decorated maps with unique visual. 

260 posts
4,649 battles
51 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Unlock a few clan only ship that will be made available for purchase with silver. 

this sounds like a great idea. I think they will also impose a contribution threshold before they can get the ship, like how WG limit new clan members from benefiting from clan facilities unless member earns certain amount of oil.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

With the new currencies being brought up (coal and steal) make me wonder what the CC's were feed back in September 2017, saying to people join a clan so you can at least start your 'personal wallet' which was oil based.

Guess there was a change of plans somewhere along the line.

I also notice that the none competitive players (with loads of personal oil and a love of the game) will be left out of what is coming up.

Wouldn't say I'm happy with it. :etc_swear: :etc_red_button:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

With the new currencies being brought up (coal and steal) make me wonder what the CC's were feed back in September 2017, saying to people join a clan so you can at least start your 'personal wallet' which was oil based.

Guess there was a change of plans somewhere along the line.

I also notice that the none competitive players (with loads of personal oil and a love of the game) will be left out of what is coming up.

Wouldn't say I'm happy with it. :etc_swear: :etc_red_button:

I agree.

Co-Op only players are being left out.

Not Happy WG.......

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

Reaching for flaming touch and pitchfork. :Smile_izmena:

Why WG? Why the need to change to new economy?

Give us the "Personal Wallet" in oil.

"4. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

487 posts
7,619 battles

Definitely not feeling the love with these new currencies being only for more competitive modes of the game. Again co-op players can go suck some lemons while pretending to enjoy it.

It was mentioned that reward ships like Stalingrad, Black and Flint could be purchased in the future with one of these new currencies if a player chose. This would enable the ship to be bought without needing to suffer the salt of ranked battles and trying to get rank 1 in ranked battles over several ranked seasons.

I would imagine the price would be very high though. Completely inaccessible to the average player who doesn't sit on their bum for 40 hours a week playing WOWS.

487 posts
7,619 battles

You can also add the TX Des Memes clone USS Salem to that list. Salem will be coming in 0.7.6 along with the arsenal building which will allow things like camo, signals and even FXP and rare reward ships to be bought for coal.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, HobartAWD said:

Definitely not feeling the love with these new currencies being only for more competitive modes of the game. Again co-op players can go suck some lemons while pretending to enjoy it.

It was mentioned that reward ships like Stalingrad, Black and Flint could be purchased in the future with one of these new currencies if a player chose. This would enable the ship to be bought without needing to suffer the salt of ranked battles and trying to get rank 1 in ranked battles over several ranked seasons.

I would imagine the price would be very high though. Completely inaccessible to the average player who doesn't sit on their bum for 40 hours a week playing WOWS.

I'm hoping that if you play any type of mode (but must be tier10) you will be able to earn coal/steel.

Some of us like to play for fun. (not to mention time management issues. 10min co-ops instead of 20mins random).

Still like to know what happened to "players personal wallet" from the oil side of things. :cap_hmm:

487 posts
7,619 battles
1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

I'm hoping that if you play any type of mode (but must be tier10) you will be able to earn coal/steel.

Some of us like to play for fun. (not to mention time management issues. 10min co-ops instead of 20mins random).

Still like to know what happened to "players personal wallet" from the oil side of things. :cap_hmm:

It has been said that coal will drop from daily containers, but in extremely small quantities. So if you want a Stalingrad, be prepared to wait until SOON ™ if you are only getting coal from daily containers.

BTW I am very jealous you are getting 10 min coop games. Getting a game longer than 3 - 5 mins for me is rare. I don't mean I potato and die, I mean it is all and all enemy ships are dead. Often due to my spawn location I barely get to do anything and it is very annoying. Probably why at battle end that survey thing keeps popping up asking how I liked the battle. I always click "extremely unsatisfied" as getting a 3 or 4 minute battle out of a 20 minute game mode is pretty terrible. Really wish WG would fix this. Would be interesting to find out what the survey data is being used for. :cap_book:

BTW there is supposed to be a personal wallet coming and there is talk that you will get back paid for what you have earned in the past. Not sure if this was scuttlebutt or something more official as I cannot find the source now. Guess we will have to wait to see what develops.

233 posts
13,956 battles
3 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

I agree there. Some of us like co-op because it is much less salt in our diet and more enjoyable. Like a healthy lifestyle.

I don't mind the extra grinding I have to do just to complete campaigns like the current Halsey one as long as I enjoy myself.

1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

Often due to my spawn location I barely get to do anything and it is very annoying.

Yes, very. At times like that I just say... F U MM. My advice is don't chose slow bbs. That said, some maps are completely unsuited to certain classes in co-op *cough*cough*iamtalkingaboutyoushatterandtwobrothers*cough*cough*

It's just your luck when a lousy map gets selected.

487 posts
7,619 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Yes, very. At times like that I just say... F U MM. My advice is don't chose slow bbs. That said, some maps are completely unsuited to certain classes in co-op *cough*cough*iamtalkingaboutyoushatterandtwobrothers*cough*cough*

It's just your luck when a lousy map gets selected.

This is with fast BBs and even with cruisers. :Smile_teethhappy: Lol.  I rarely play slow BB unless I'm playing lower tiers for some variety for this very reason. It's nothing to do with the MM. It's the spawn locations not taking into account certain ships abilities in regards to speed. (or lack of)

Seems pretty unintuitive for the co-op mode that the slowest ships are the furthest back, when co-op can so often at times turn into "charge in and kill everything" and forget about capping or winning the game. Co-ordinated teamwork? Your joking right.

So many ships in my port never go into battle anymore due to it being a complete waste of my time as I know with 90% certainty that I won't get to do anything as the battle will be pretty much over before I get into range. Nikolai I'm looking squarely at you.

I hope the data being collected every time I click "extremely unsatisfied" when a battle last well under 4 minutes is being used to tweak and improve the playability and dare I say fun, of co-op mode.

BTW: Two brothers is probably one of my favourite maps regardless of ship class. Maybe that's just me though? :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles
On 5/30/2018 at 9:39 AM, BigWaveSurfer said:

Give us the "Personal Wallet" in oil.

"4. Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future."

You can see how much personal oil you have by looking next to your name in the clan list under your clan tab in game.

Hopefully they'll enable a way of spending it, or perhaps a method of converting it to coal.

It has been said that coal will drop from daily containers, but in extremely small quantities. So if you want a Stalingrad, be prepared to wait until SOON ™ if you are only getting coal from daily containers.

Stalingrad, Black and Flint are available for steel, not coal.  Steel is only available in ranked or clan battles, and occasionally in supercontainers.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

Hmmm......found this over on the eu forum

"Unfortunately its a bit early for me to talk about how exactly the implementation will happen, we'll have more news about it soon."**

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/101344-coal-steel-and-oil/?page=3

Perhaps all will be revealed Soon*

*'Soon' may not mean 'soon'

** unless he is only talking about coal and steel?

Edited by BigWaveSurfer