Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
winpaul1

This Game has to be more Newbie-Friendly

9 comments in this topic

26 posts
2,034 battles

There's definite reasons why players get reported and plays badly.

This game doesn't have any Guidelines. Naval Training? It only tells you about basic things (shooting, torping, etc).

For example, if you're on T6 dd. On this tier, you should begin to concern about Radar ships which can spot you even in the smoke.

Most new-players doesn't even know radar ships exists! and its not their fault, because the game never told them.

I mean if player reach T5 in a DD, there should have to be additional tutorials.

There's just so much more to learn such as

Commander Skill Recommendation

Using Concealment (out spotting tactic, stealth torp, etc)

Smoke mechanism

Concealment of various destroyers

Radar duration and Sonar / Radar ranges of Certain cruisers

All those things are critical for riding DD

So the game tells player about that?

No.

It applies same with BBs and CA,CL,CVs too.

Even  the game was many years old,

the Guideline system is probably the worst I've ever seen.

Adding tons of Noob-friendly features has to be priority on WOWS. 

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

The issues OP mentioned here are mostly true though. Game does not readily present you with general knowledge of gameplay mechanics. One has to take own initiatives to learn from YouTube or community which is not always easy thing to get the hang of. 

However, Wargaming started to work on video series to help players understand the gameplay mechanics more deeply, I think at least that's a good start.

[COAT]
1,161 posts
9,860 battles

Agree.Watching video is quite different from real practice.

IMO WG should make low tier scenario intended to teach new players PVP tactics(Just like training room).

534 posts

I agree,players who is playing this game alone without tutorial from veteran,new to T5 may don't know the existence of radar ships which indeed frustrate their gaming experience,also,wg needs to set a MUST WATCH guide video of the introduction of all consumables,some T7s can't even distinguish hydro and radar

1,062 posts
3,824 battles
15 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Agree.Watching video is quite different from real practice.

IMO WG should make low tier scenario intended to teach new players PVP tactics(Just like training room).

I have seen WG indicate a few times that they are looking into doing training missions, but so far they haven't come out.

Edited by BanditSE1977

29 posts
2,618 battles

I agree. For a newcomer it can be very frustrating. When I started there were quite a few things I was oblivious to because there is no comprehensive guide. Of course you do pick up stuff as you go along but it might be an idea if WOWS had a glossary of terminology and other items with links to more explicit instructions or information relating to that term or aspect of the game. 

165 posts
3,451 battles

Well Its because most of the times old players with exp will switch to tier 5-6 with high skilled captains . THis is an advantage for them and bad news for you . Especially in CV matches .

Sign in to follow this