You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Darkworld_2015

Assigning German Special Commander

16 comments in this topic

675 posts
7,231 battles

Well, my first post XD

After so long, German line finally has its own Special Commander!! :D

It seems his special perks are improved vigilance and Jack of all trades.

Want to ask everyone for opinion/recommendations, which ship is most suitable for this commander?

Many thanks in advance.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Id pick GK (secondary builds).

Improved vigilance along with hydro makes it a really good combination. JoAT also reduces cooldown for every consumables, so you can use repair party and hydro more often.

Reason why I do not think it is not good for DDs, you dont really take those perks as a DD player, there are lot more important skills for DDs to take.

I don't know about cruisers, they usually play as backliners, no need for Vigilance is how I see it.

And Graf Zep... pfft, no benefit whatsoever... that broken ship doesn't need any benefit to begin with.

158 posts
5,905 battles

Helmut Schiffmann, can't they pick a better name than this?

I don't quite get why Vigilance of all skills, would preferred something else.

Technically, this should works pretty well with all German ships with hydro. The stacking would makes this captain better in BB line, the extra acquisition range will give more time to react. Without vigilance, I think 4km on hydro is pretty enough for CAs/DDs While Jack of All trade is a bit more usable universally, on all classes. 

Might just get him for collection sake (but nothing special about him so I just might ask why tho?), I'll just stick with my other 19th caps... since I don't use Vigilance and JoAT.

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by HeidimarieW
fix img

[LNA]
1,617 posts
10,244 battles

This captain would make the perfect dd pilot for a CW Z-52 where getting hydro and smoke often means no one want to mess with you in a cap.

GK is also a perfect fit. Once German light cruiser got unveiled in the near future , he could also jump in and drive it.

[LN]
19 posts
2,121 battles

well i think he can use for Prinz eugen too

you can take PT-AR-JoAT-VI-SI-DE-CE for Prinz 

that vig skill stack with hydro can make prinz capture the base with friendly DD and support him with hydro

675 posts
7,231 battles

Thank you so much for the inputs :D

I'm in a dilemma where to put him; in my GK build I have no room for JOAT nor vigilance (19 points, secondary builds with IHFE, and AR). It might work for Hindenburg in terms of JOAT, but vigilance... I'd still prefer demolition expert and SI.

I have been longing for a German Special Commander for so long, but when I got him, I don't know how to make use of his special perks :(

Edited by Darkworld_2015

25 posts
4,904 battles

All I can think of is the Scharnhorst running PT, JOAT, AR, VIG, CE, Man AA and last 3 points up to your choosing. SI / DE is good too.

Great build as tested since running full sec on T7 german bb's are kinda limited, short ranged compared with full sec T8 Bisko/Tirpitz. 

You can at least fend off CV planes travelling as a fleet.

Just my 2 cents :cap_like:

158 posts
5,905 battles

So Helmut won't be making it into the game. rip

He gonna be replaced by Franz von Jütland and Reinhard von Jütland, devblog listed them as "brothers".

Nothing changes except now we're getting two German captain, with the same set of improved skills.

Vigilance
+35% to acquisition range of torpedoes (instead of 25%)

Jack of All Trades
-10% to reload time of all mounted consumables (instead of -5%)

Spoiler

image.png.1e665ca7fede816674a1b94073f61da5.png

675 posts
7,231 battles
On 5/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, HawkPotato said:

What can you expect from a game who names Steven's Replacement commander John DOEEE :fish_palm:

LOL, I really don't understand why can't they come up with a... err... more proper name to replace Steven Segall XD.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:55 PM, BLOODSHOTNIPPLES said:

All I can think of is the Scharnhorst running PT, JOAT, AR, VIG, CE, Man AA and last 3 points up to your choosing. SI / DE is good too.

Great build as tested since running full sec on T7 german bb's are kinda limited, short ranged compared with full sec T8 Bisko/Tirpitz. 

You can at least fend off CV planes travelling as a fleet.

Just my 2 cents :cap_like:

oh yes I forgot about Scharnhorst... Thank you for reminding... :D

907 posts
7,203 battles

Hmmm, shoot down 50 planes in T8-10 games?

That could be difficult, considering there are not man games with CV in T8+. That would be a lot of spotter plane and catapult fighters.

People who drive a T8+  CV should see another CV on the enemy team. I wonder if we see T8 premium CV’s on sale during that mission?

Beta Tester
1,166 posts
7,337 battles

Super-JOAT is great on any Battleship, so that's an easy one. I'm not so sure about using Vigilance with Hydro, though. Hydro alone is more than enough for torpedo detection, so adding the Vigilance bonus just seems like overkill and a waste of 3 points. While it might be considered useful during Hydro cooldown, I think it's better suited for a ship without Hydro where it will be helping all of the time.

Tirpitz: Coupled with Target Acquisition, super-Vigilance provides excellent torpedo detection for this frontline brawler. However, Deep-Water torps will still get uncomfortably close before detection.

Bayern: Similar to above. Bayern lacks the Target Acquisition module but has much better agility to actually dodge the torps that she detects.