Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mark65

Fitting sonar and depth charges to destroyers

11 comments in this topic

33 posts
7,733 battles

I would like to see sonar and depth charges fitted to destroyers and to hunt bot submarines in special games.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

^just give Iowa and Miso the mk-23 nuke shell and tomahawk missile, and put the fallout BGM tINo background . it would be perfect, may be we should also consider rename this game to "Apocalypse Now" to make it fitness :Smile_hiding:

1,135 posts

WW2 submarine under water speed is so slow and because of that, they don't normally dive all the way like modern sub.

normally they sail on the surface like any other ship and dive only when to attack or escape.

if in game, they submerged ability would be like consumables, dive for 4-5 min and force to surfacing for 4-5 min as cool down.

every time I play DD, I look at row of dept charg at rear and thought about how detail yet useless it is =w=.

Super Tester
7,716 posts
8,025 battles

Im pretty sure there was an experiment with underwater mine fields, sort of how depth charges would work in the game. It was in one of the scenarios I believe.

1,384 posts
9,053 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Im pretty sure there was an experiment with underwater mine fields, sort of how depth charges would work in the game. It was in one of the scenarios I believe.

Isn't that the Dunkirk scenario? The mines were basically immobile torpedoes with concealment cranked up to the max.

Super Tester
7,716 posts
8,025 battles
32 minutes ago, ILLBBACK2604 said:

Maybe they could equip DDs with anti ship mine laying ability but put a limit on the number of mines that could be dropped 

Could easily be implemented as an ability like smoke puffs, you keep going and keep dropping mines at regular intervals, so you can control your speed to control drop density.

Sign in to follow this