Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Groblet

Camoflague will destroy this game

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
2 posts
2,272 battles

It is my number one frustration with this game and World of Tanks also that camo factors are ridiculously high. If a bloody destroyer moves or a tank moves in open seas or field IT HAS TO LOOSE IT"S CAMO RATING!!

It is bloody well visible.

 

If you make it otherwise you are destroying the reality of the game.

 

And you guys bash on endlessly about how realistic the game has to be.

 

I call BULLDUSHT. And for the poor sods that bleat that destroyers wouldn't be able to sink battleships, well that would be a fact wouldn't it. Destroyers only sank battleships that had been pummelled by other battleships or heavy cruisers

 

Get it right because there are a lot of games that don't pander to this camo bollocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
925 posts
5,514 battles

dude, it's called game balance. No one thinks of it as 'realistic'. it's fun for all (even a DD)

Remember it's a game not a simulator.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
158 posts
5,905 battles

Which part of game mechanics do you imply wows trying to be realistic?

Like those heals for Battleships or instant damage control party that magically solves problems?  Or do you want WG to go ahead and use realistic Battleships dispersion also?

Edited by HeidimarieW
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
29 posts
2,614 battles

I agree with Groblet, it has swung the balance too far in favour of DDs. Of course it's not meant to be an ultra realistic simulation, but let's have at least a little realism, after all DDs already have the advantage of speed. Certainly DDs should be able to escape detection even at really close range if you are in the middle of a storm but it's ridiculous not being able to see one a mile away in clear weather until you're about to be hit by a barrage of torpedoes and EVEN THEN not be able to see the DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
212 posts
4,131 battles

I can confirm WoWS is totally "realistic" since CBT :Smile_teethhappy:

I just want to says that the one who complain about DD should try to play DD themself or just git gud :cap_cool:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
458 posts
7,418 battles

Funny how players demand realism when a different class of ship gives them trouble, but won't look at making the ship they are sailing more realistic. A lot of the complainers have a low battle count and maybe were not here when DD could invisi fire and not be spotted at max gun range like now. Salt would be VERY stronk if these players were around back then. Lol.

Overall I agree that removing invisi fire was a good thing for the game, but DD has been nerfed so hard in so many areas it is time to stop with the hate.

BB and CA complains when DD don't spot or cap, yet DD can be deleted in one salvo when fired at if spotted by planes, other more stealthy DD, plus not to mention radar and hydro (through islands! :cap_wander:)  

The weakest class of unit in any game needs to have the ability to survive to be viable and useful otherwise its playerbase will stagnate and die in any game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
158 posts
5,905 battles
1 hour ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I agree with Groblet, it has swung the balance too far in favour of DDs. Of course it's not meant to be an ultra realistic simulation, but let's have at least a little realism, after all DDs already have the advantage of speed. Certainly DDs should be able to escape detection even at really close range if you are in the middle of a storm but it's ridiculous not being able to see one a mile away in clear weather until you're about to be hit by a barrage of torpedoes and EVEN THEN not be able to see the DD.

A good DD plays will win games, that's a certain point. But this isn't possible due to speed, but the role of actually contesting/figthing for capture points and defending it. 

I can not understand where're these ideas coming from. If you guys think this game favors DD that much, why not just play DDs instead and see how the class plays out, or do you understand what DD players gonna have to face/take into account for each match especially in higher tiers? It doesn't take much to guess, but you might have most of the games played on Battleships?

Edited by HeidimarieW
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
204 posts
10,994 battles
2 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I agree with Groblet, it has swung the balance too far in favour of DDs. Of course it's not meant to be an ultra realistic simulation, but let's have at least a little realism, after all DDs already have the advantage of speed. Certainly DDs should be able to escape detection even at really close range if you are in the middle of a storm but it's ridiculous not being able to see one a mile away in clear weather until you're about to be hit by a barrage of torpedoes and EVEN THEN not be able to see the DD.

ya'll move away from kongo and texas and feel the power of the dark side fuso offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
203 posts
11,785 battles

The only counter to passive plays and kite plays is concealment and apparently it is destroying the game.

Not absurd range on Battleships/Cruisers.
Not Div Anchoring.
Not even CV Div.
but conealment.

Since when did World of Warships try to be realistic naval war simulator again?
:fish_palm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
212 posts
13,748 battles

From statistics, our complainer plays 53% bb, 16% dd (mainly panasia dd).

Please play more dd and see how frustrating it is to be a dd in a sea where things work against you. Concealment is your advantage and not even always. Yes, I'm talking about you USSR dds. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,443 posts
On 02/05/2018 at 11:55 AM, Groblet said:

It is my number one frustration with this game and World of Tanks also that camo factors are ridiculously high. If a bloody destroyer moves or a tank moves in open seas or field IT HAS TO LOOSE IT"S CAMO RATING!!

It is bloody well visible.

 

If you make it otherwise you are destroying the reality of the game.

 

And you guys bash on endlessly about how realistic the game has to be.

 

I call BULLDUSHT. And for the poor sods that bleat that destroyers wouldn't be able to sink battleships, well that would be a fact wouldn't it. Destroyers only sank battleships that had been pummelled by other battleships or heavy cruisers

 

Get it right because there are a lot of games that don't pander to this camo bollocks

Camouflage is doing exactly what's supposed to be doing in the game, it CONFUSES PEOPLE, in binoculars its often hard to tell which way the enemy ship is going & its angles,  no way is it supposed to make the ship invisible, & it never did, so calling for the camo to lose its value after a ship wearing it IS RIDICULOUS, as it doesn't stop working when a ship (or tank) shoots.... With tanks, camo helps them "blend in" to the surroundings, in warships they are designed to confuse enemy vision of the true direction & speed etc.... Especially if seen by submarines.... Which of course are not in this game ..... You can actually research it if you like.. As IRL they use camo on tanks & ships....even the ships grey paint is a form of camo....

&, because IT IS A GAME, there is nothing wrong with a little bit of artistic expression, & if people want to have gold leaf all over their ships, or pink turrets & hulls, or neon flashing everywhere, they can....

I like my white varyag, my black hulled red funneled normandie, my striped funnel mikasa & my green Diana, & thanks to some mods, I get to see ALL flags & deck paints, & wavy oceans...

If you don't like them,  that is fine as well, just turn them off & don't use them.... If you see enemy ships with camo on, shoot them ...

Or wear sunglasses

:cap_cool:

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
312 posts
6,806 battles
On 02/05/2018 at 2:28 PM, Pete_the_pirate said:

I agree with Groblet, it has swung the balance too far in favour of DDs. Of course it's not meant to be an ultra realistic simulation, but let's have at least a little realism, after all DDs already have the advantage of speed. Certainly DDs should be able to escape detection even at really close range if you are in the middle of a storm but it's ridiculous not being able to see one a mile away in clear weather until you're about to be hit by a barrage of torpedoes and EVEN THEN not be able to see the DD.

I personally challenge you to go play some T10 ranked battles as a DD then come back and tell me how much they are OP. Concealment is the only thing DD's have to keep them alive and at higher tiers even that is taken away from them by the amount of radar ships. Not to mention spotter planes, CV's and hydro all spotting your torps and you while you try to save your piddling HP pool.

Edited by dieselhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles
5 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I personally challenge you to go play some T10 ranked battles as a DD then come back and tell me how much they are OP. Concealment is the only thing DD's have to keep them alive and at higher tiers even that is taken away from them by the amount of radar ships. Not to mention spotter planes, CV's and hydro all spotting your torps and you while you try to save your piddling HP pool.

Dude, just tell him to try random battles, that would give him enough taste of OPness :P Ranked is too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
212 posts
13,748 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

I personally challenge you to go play some T10 ranked battles as a DD then come back and tell me how much they are OP. Concealment is the only thing DD's have to keep them alive and at higher tiers even that is taken away from them by the amount of radar ships. Not to mention spotter planes, CV's and hydro all spotting your torps and you while you try to save your piddling HP pool.

Ignore him. Look at his ships stats and see why he is complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
29 posts
2,614 battles

I don't have any objection to DDs having camouflage, it's when it becomes ridiculous that I think it has gone too far. A case in point was the battle I just played. My ship was nowhere near any island but out in open sea when I was hit by a barrage of torpedoes and surprise, surprise there was no ship visible anywhere in the vicinity (and no smokescreen), then to top it all off I was then hit by another lot of torpedoes and the DD STILL wasn't visible (it was some time after I was sunk that a DD appeared, probably because one of our DDs was approaching). Surely any sane person would agree that is just ridiculous!

16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Dude, just tell him to try random battles, that would give him enough taste of OPness :P Ranked is too far.

For your information I have played random battles with a DD and I agree, it is a real challenge and I quite often don't survive a whole battle, but I expected that especially when getting anywhere near BBs or good cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles
2 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I don't have any objection to DDs having camouflage, it's when it becomes ridiculous that I think it has gone too far. A case in point was the battle I just played. My ship was nowhere near any island but out in open sea when I was hit by a barrage of torpedoes and surprise, surprise there was no ship visible anywhere in the vicinity (and no smokescreen), then to top it all off I was then hit by another lot of torpedoes and the DD STILL wasn't visible (it was some time after I was sunk that a DD appeared, probably because one of our DDs was approaching). Surely any sane person would agree that is just ridiculous!

For your information I have played random battles with a DD and I agree, it is a real challenge and I quite often don't survive a whole battle, but I expected that especially when getting anywhere near BBs or good cruisers.

The only thing I can say here is, play 1.5k more battles, then look back at your own post. Trust me, when I was 1k battles, I used to rant about things here too, but perspective changes. What you described above is perfectly fine. You made mistakes, you got punished. Why would a DD himself reveal to you anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
4,210 battles
20 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I don't have any objection to DDs having camouflage, it's when it becomes ridiculous that I think it has gone too far. A case in point was the battle I just played. My ship was nowhere near any island but out in open sea when I was hit by a barrage of torpedoes and surprise, surprise there was no ship visible anywhere in the vicinity (and no smokescreen), then to top it all off I was then hit by another lot of torpedoes and the DD STILL wasn't visible (it was some time after I was sunk that a DD appeared, probably because one of our DDs was approaching). Surely any sane person would agree that is just ridiculous!

For your information I have played random battles with a DD and I agree, it is a real challenge and I quite often don't survive a whole battle, but I expected that especially when getting anywhere near BBs or good cruisers.

WASD hax not found...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×